Found Deceased TN - Ashley Brown, 27, Nashville, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the information! I figured that whatever the reason, the reason, the feds being involved meant something very serious. Which makes me think that it will be unlikely to turn out to be a panic dump by someone who witnessed her of or something like that. JMO, of course.
I

I was thinking the same thing as you. I am wondering if her disappearance and death fit the MO of other cases in TN and surrounding states. So tragic and unnecessary. Prayers to her family and friends.

IMO, since technology has advanced so fast recently, there seems to be a "new normal".

Nowadays most of us just automatically assume/expect there's probably a camera "somewhere".

Most business establishments record entry and exit ways and interior hallways (different angles, etc).* Many residential homes have cameras recording "who is at the door" that may also capture who may be driving down the street.*

This is just my opinion, but I would think IF THIS WAS PREMEDITATED, the perp has done this before.* He knows what he wants, where to do it and dispose the body quickly without getting caught.

I know every person has a different way of thinking but if I myself were an abductor planning my next crime, I would need to know certain things in advance:

Scope the area.

Know how many cameras there are and where they're located. I would expect them.

Observe routines, who has a dog, etc.

Lighting, security in general area.

Be able blend in

Know how to control my victim.

Find the fastest to get my victim in and out with little or no noise.

Formulate a bail-out plan to get out alone (ditching the victim) as fast as I can if something goes wrong.

In order to accomplish the above, I would have to visit the location several times (unless I already lived there).

Just thinking out loud

An update from Ashley's mom from the local news:

http://fox17.com/news/local/ashley-browns-mother-pleas-for-answers-in-wake-of-daughters-death

I am glad to hear her mom is coming out and demanding answers. I feel like all too often, cases like this are just forgotten, especially if the victim is not from the place where they went missing or died.

This is the only thing I've heard about the case since I last posted. Haven't seen any [obvious] police/fed presence at the apartment complex since I last posted either. Thought I'd give you guys an update from my perspective. I hope someone comes forward soon because, like her mom say, "someone knows something".

he might be using "i seen where" to mean "i read" or "i heard", im pretty sure i have heard that usage before

Ah, yes, that does make sense. I'm now remembering my time living in Southern Illinois where the "I seen" phrasing could mean anything from "I literally saw this with my eyeballs" to "I read someone's theory on another page".

it is sadly possible the trash compactor damaged her body badly. in the So Cal cases, jarrae estep was badly damaged by the trash compactor prior to being found in the recycling plant.

Oh yes, I agree with the general statement; I had mentioned the other day to my husband that a lot of traumatic injuries could be masked by the effect of the trash compactor and, even though an ME can distinguish between pre-mortem bruising and post-mortem marks, there could be so much damage from the compactor that things like bruising wouldn't be able to be definitively identified as contributing factors to her death due to the inability to be seen. Not to be gross or crass or disrespectful, but I could also see skin being torn/sliced in ways that would make trauma impossible to pinpoint. I thought the phrasing of green's post was interesting, as drjones pointed out, they could mean they had just read it elsewhere or had known generally that bodies found after being in a compacting trash truck are difficult to examine for anything that is less obvious than something like drowning, GSW, or serious dismemberment. I did look at green's public profile and they had no work listed; I thought possibly they were a morgue tech or worked in LE. Also, to your point, if she were very intoxicated or possibly drugged, there's a chance that even if she were overpowered/suffocated/etc, that she would not have struggled enough for there to be any definitive injuries, esp. in the face of compacting, that are usually present in cases where the victim struggles a lot. Again, JMO.

its a shame that it might cover up evidence of a crime and make it impossible to determine a cause of death, but there is hope that some useful information can be found ie was she fully dressed? did she have all the items on her that were expected? and they could still potentially locate the exact spot that she was "picked up" at, and that could possibly be of use.

do we know if they have requested security camera footage from anywhere in the area?

In addition, I want to clarify that green's phrasing made me think they worked in LE/the forensics lab/journalism, I didn't mean it to sound as though I thought they were withholding information that they should have said elsewhere or implying they were any sort of suspicious character.

its a shame that it might cover up evidence of a crime and make it impossible to determine a cause of death, but there is hope that some useful information can be found ie was she fully dressed? did she have all the items on her that were expected? and they could still potentially locate the exact spot that she was "picked up" at, and that could possibly be of use.

do we know if they have requested security camera footage from anywhere in the area?

As a resident of the apartment building and a frequent shopper at the nearby Rite Aid, I've heard/seen nothing regarding footage requests, either by just being there often or in the form of any official report by either LE or local media. However I can speak to the fact that the apt complex itself is very poorly surveilled. For example, there are no indoor cameras on any of the floors except the first and top (8th), likely due to the fact that's where the common area and fitness center is. There are also no cameras in the stairwells, in the trash chute rooms, or in the alleyways or interior loading dock area. The only entrance that has cameras on the outside is the main lobby, which is inaccessible by anyone but management after 5pm on Saturdays. I didn't think of that when moving in, but now I realize how poorly "watched" the place is. The loading dock area is also completely accessible by anyone, on foot or by vehicle, and it is connected to back alleys of nearby restaurants, and it's at least once a week I hear yelling/arguments coming from that general area. Idk if there are just some valets/cooks/servers that regularly don't get along or if it's a common meeting place for things like drug sales (which are common in the park, according to my homeless friend who lives in the park)

Edit: just to clarify again, this is from the public, local news source FB page, not from anyone's personal account or any page that is dedicated to Ashley. Just so everyone's aware that I'm abiding by forum rules and not posting anything that isn't 100% viewable by the general public.

respectfully snipped by me

Hi blobfish, I hope I'm not coming off as all school teacher-ish, just wanted to clarify screenshots are afaik not allowed on WS, even if from a public news fb page. Also, discussing comments under fb posts, even if posted on a public news page, are not allowed either. :) Rules for fb and other sm are very tight I'm afraid. Maybe you want to alert your own post to ask a mod if your screenshot with the names blurred, is okay though.

respectfully snipped by me

Hi blobfish, I hope I'm not coming off as all school teacher-ish, just wanted to clarify screenshots are afaik not allowed on WS, even if from a public news fb page. Also, discussing comments under fb posts, even if posted on a public news page, are not allowed either. :) Rules for fb and other sm are very tight I'm afraid. Maybe you want to alert your own post to ask a mod if your screenshot with the names blurred, is okay though.

Oh, crap. I feel so awful - I think I did break the rules and misinterpreted social media from public/media sites being allowed. Not school teacher-ish at all, people like you are the reasons why this site is the only SM/forum I've ever posted on aside from FB, because everyone is so respectful and level-headed and it is so well-moderated. I totally appreciate your comment. I wasn't able to delete it myself, so I reported myself to the mods to remove it. I'm sorry everyone, I didn't mean to do something possibly damaging; I apologize profusely.

No, no please don't feel awful! I takes everyone (including me) time to understand and remember all the rules (and I still never feel 100% sure I understand them all). I have made this mistake myself. In this instance it's not a big deal anyway, and not damaging to anyone as far as I can see, because you were thoughtful to obscure all the names and profile pics.

We all appreciate very much you sharing your observations and insights here. You are a born sleuther! You fit right in! :loveyou:

No, no please don't feel awful! I takes everyone (including me) time to understand and remember all the rules (and I still never feel 100% sure I understand them all). I have made this mistake myself. In this instance it's not a big deal anyway, and not damaging to anyone as far as I can see, because you were thoughtful to obscure all the names and profile pics.

We all appreciate very much you sharing your observations and insights here. You are a born sleuther! You fit right in! :loveyou:

Thanks so much for your kind words - the post has now been removed. Phew. I'm glad the mods responded so quickly - something else that makes this site so much more enjoyable than places like reddit and Twitter that can get out of hand so easily because of ineffective or overwhelmed mods. The mods here are awesome! Thanks again for your advice and kindness, I appreciate it a lot! :)

There was a memorial service for Ashley in Centennial Park today. Looks like lots and lots of folks showed up. She is so cherished and loved, I hope that the outpouring of support from local people will keep her on the radar and in people's minds and that that kind of presence will lead to her death being solved and her as a person not ending up forgotten in the minds of locals like so many similar cases often do. My heart continues to ache for her family and friends. RIP Ashley.

i cant remember - do we have any actual proof that she went out by herself? or is that just what someone said happened? did more than one person corroborate that story?

From MSM reports it would appear the cigarette story is from the person to last see her. If LE has anything to corroborate that, we haven't been told.

From MSM reports it would appear the cigarette story is from the person to last see her. If LE has anything to corroborate that, we haven't been told.

Yes, that's correct. I have been interviewed by MNPD and the FBI since I am a resident at the apartment complex, but in each case they relayed to me the story they were told. As I had mentioned a few posts back, the apt complex is really poorly covered in terms of cameras, so the likelihood of her being on any footage leaving is decreased. There are at least four exit/entrances I can think of that have no cameras that she could have left out of - and she definitely could have been with someone. I don't want to make any claims or implicate anyone, this is solely speculation, but the fact that the people who saw her last have cut off communication with her mom, as she claimed in the broadcast, is a bit... interesting, to say the least. She could have left with someone or possibly even met someone else somewhere in the apartment complex and they left together. Which makes all of this all the more confusing because the story le has told in their resident interviews and the media (and also to AB's mom) indicates she left alone. But without footage of her leaving alone, that opens a lot of possibilities for what actually occurred.

So, tl;Dr, no proof that she left alone other than what the people at the party told cops/feds.

I'm in complete agreement, what a strong and courageous woman. In her immense pain, she shows compassion for the families of loved ones still missing who don't get this closure. The friends cutting off contact with the mom is vey concerning. Why would they do that? I'm not ascertaining any blame, I just think it could be so therapeutic for all involved. JMO

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154869353467290&id=73949382289

Broadcast of Julie (AB's mom) speaking out about her. Interesting thing that she says that the people who last saw AB have now refused to continue communication with her. Julie seems like such a strong woman. She is not giving up, and I admire her tenacity so much.

Sorry for mobile link; on my phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back