Found Deceased TN - Ashley Brown, 27, Nashville, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, IIRC, the commenter said that her 13 year old daughter accidentally sent the alert while at school and 911 was called. I'll have to research the iPhone capabilities, as like you, I don't want to activate anything by mistake. I do have an app for my daughter that allows me to map her whereabouts (as well as speed and even battery life).

I randomly came upon that option on my Samsung recently. I was happy to see it, although honestly I didn't actually set it up. I guess I'm scared to accidentally activate it?

Was it reported whether AB's phone was found too? She had it with her iirc?

And, big hug to you blobfish! Stay alert and safe!

I registered here just to post in this thread. I knew Ashley as an acquaintance online for over 10 years, and I as well as her friends and family are still reeling from the news, but I wanted to add a bit. The 3:30am time is (if I'm remembering right, since a lot of info was getting thrown around and not all of it is correct) when anyone last heard from her by text. The text message was worrying but not something that could be considered suspicious or indicative of anything wrong until after the fact (again, if I'm remembering right).

As far as I've heard so far, people attending the party have been cooperative with law enforcement, and at least some were co-workers. Obviously this doesn't exclude anyone that was there, but without further info from her autopsy we really don't have anything else to go on at this point. I haven't seen any updates on Facebook in regards to the cameras at Rite-Aid or from anywhere else around there.

@Elainera It's believed her phone was with her.

I registered here just to post in this thread. I knew Ashley as an acquaintance online for over 10 years, and I as well as her friends and family are still reeling from the news, but I wanted to add a bit. The 3:30am time is (if I'm remembering right, since a lot of info was getting thrown around and not all of it is correct) when anyone last heard from her by text. The text message was worrying but not something that could be considered suspicious or indicative of anything wrong until after the fact (again, if I'm remembering right).

As far as I've heard so far, people attending the party have been cooperative with law enforcement, and at least some were co-workers. Obviously this doesn't exclude anyone that was there, but without further info from her autopsy we really don't have anything else to go on at this point. I haven't seen any updates on Facebook in regards to the cameras at Rite-Aid or from anywhere else around there.

@Elainera It's believed her phone was with her.

Thanks for posting, moons, and my condolences to you as you go through this unimaginably difficult process. When the police report she was "last seen" around 330-430, that is just the last time she texted (i.e. she could have been last physically seen much earlier? Which could possibly really change the timeline of whatever events lead to her death, correct?). Also, if you are comfortable saying, is this text that said "I went on a strange adventure this evening" (or some similar wording) that was posted on the reddit thread by another of Ashley's friends (he has since deleted the thread, though I don't think for a suspicious reason, I think it was just hitting him too hard because it blew up after she was found, since he had originally created it to help find her).

Also, to your point about Rite Aid, maybe you can clarify what she actually said before leaving the apartment? The FBI agent just told me she "said something about cigarettes" and left. Which most people took to mean she went to buy cigarettes given there was the 24 hour Rite Aid just around the corner. But, as others have suggested, it could have meant that she was just going out for a cigarette - which could have been out of the building OR she could have simply walked into the parking garage to smoke. I think pulling cam footage from basically everywhere on the block is really important, because if she was, for example, attacked in the parking garage, there are very few cameras, and so she may not have even been seen. But if her body was driven out of the garage by car, there ARE cameras that are placed at every entry/exit to the garage that are good quality in order to monitor plates of cars coming in/out. I think pulling that footage from the hours of say 230am to 6am on Saturday would be a good starting point, but they may have already done this. The agent didn't give me any details about how she was "last seen" in my apartment complex, whether it was eyewitnesses or cameras, so maybe you have information on that too? Which is important since cameras will know what time it is, but even sober individuals can be really fuzzy on time, especially when they're in an emotional state like losing someone. None of the stairwells here have cameras either, which is so wrong and stupid. Since this has happened I've noticed how few cameras this building actually has and for a place this large and with so many tenants, you'd think they'd have them everywhere, but they don't.

A bit of information that may or may not be useful to y'all concerning the parking garage:

To access the parking garage (entry and exits are blocked by both a gate and by an arm that raises/lowers), you have to have the same electronic key fob you would to enter the building, and the fob has a button on it to enter the garage. The bars on the gate are pretty tight; I don't think most people could fit through them, I will try today and see if I can (for reference, I'm 5'4'' and 112 lbs), but basically, I don't think that could have been a route in for someone who didn't have a key (since once you clear the gate, you can enter and exit the main building through the parking garage without having a key fob or a hard key, the resident entrances from the garage are 100% always unlocked). To exit the garage, however, you just need to drive up to the gate and there is a weight sensor that will let you out. There aren't any actual parking permits for people in the complex, just the key fobs. And the parking garage is only about 75% full at any given time. So, for example, my sister and her husband visited last month, and I let them into the garage using the key fob so they could park for a few days without worrying about the safety of their car on the street. I'm not sure where Ashley parked, but it's possible she could have been let in by her friend to park in the resident garage, and had gone to her car for smokes (I've smoked in my car late at night in the garage before if it's after 12am because I don't want to step out of the building, even though technically you're not supposed to smoke in the garage). Yes, she didm't have her keys, but it's possible she just forgot them in her reportedly intoxicated state (and even that aside, I've walked out the door soberly on my way to work only to realize I'd forgotten my office keys, wallet or ID, so her forgetting something isn't out of the question, especially if she didn't plan on leaving the building premises). I'm not sure if any of this information is helpful to anyone, but I thought I'd mention it because the parking garage is a plausible place for her disappearance, and would also allow her to step out to have a smoke without worrying about gaining entry back into the building, whereas, if she stepped out of the building, it's unlikely she could get back in without a key fob or walking in behind someone else coming in.

blobfish, can visitors get into the building by pressing the bell of the apartment they intend to visit and being buzzed in? Is there an intercom from apartments to the door(s)?

blobfish, can visitors get into the building by pressing the bell of the apartment they intend to visit and being buzzed in? Is there an intercom from apartments to the door(s)?

Great question! I should have thought of that in my earlier posts. Yes, there is a call box where you can search tenants by name. When you call them through the call box, it goes to the tenant's phone, where the tenant can then give a code/number for the visitor/delivery person/what have you to get in. But the problem with that is that it buzzes to the phone unlike old school apt buildings where it would actually be heard on a buzzer/doorbell in the apartment. I say that is an issue because it's possible she tried to use the call box to get in, and no one heard their phone. Personally, whenever I get takeout, I always just go down to the entrance to get it, I've never buzzed anyone in because I generally don't trust anyone because of past experiences, and don't need a delivery person knowing where my unit is oriented in the building or peeking into my unit. However, I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way as me saying it's bad to buzz in a delivery person. If you're disabled in any way, you don't have a choice but to buzz them in, and I'm not saying delivery drivers are bad either. Just my personal view on my own life. But, long story short, I've never used the call box before, I just know how it works.

Great question! I should have thought of that in my earlier posts. Yes, there is a call box where you can search tenants by name. When you call them through the call box, it goes to the tenant's phone, where the tenant can then give a code/number for the visitor/delivery person/what have you to get in. But the problem with that is that it buzzes to the phone unlike old school apt buildings where it would actually be heard on a buzzer/doorbell in the apartment. I say that is an issue because it's possible she tried to use the call box to get in, and no one heard their phone. Personally, whenever I get takeout, I always just go down to the entrance to get it, I've never buzzed anyone in because I generally don't trust anyone because of past experiences, and don't need a delivery person knowing where my unit is oriented in the building or peeking into my unit. However, I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way as me saying it's bad to buzz in a delivery person. If you're disabled in any way, you don't have a choice but to buzz them in, and I'm not saying delivery drivers are bad either. Just my personal view on my own life. But, long story short, I've never used the call box before, I just know how it works.

Thank you for all the information blobfish2.

As far as the code given to enter, does this code ever change?

I'm not sure what to make of the "in the vicinity" comment. Thoughts? Also, am I reading this link correct, that they are not able to determine the COD when they say it is "inconclusive"? BBM

Metro Nashville Police officers said the autopsy results of Ashley Brown are inconclusive.

Police believe Brown was in the dumpster in the vicinity of the apartment building before being transported to AAA Disposal at 1160 Freightliner Drive.

http://fox17.com/news/local/nashville-police-autopsy-of-ashley-brown-inconclusive

‘Pending’ is not the same thing as ‘inconclusive’

In many news reports when the autopsy is complete but the medical examiner has sent out specimens for additional testing, or needs more time to review the police reports or medical records, the preliminary determination after the autopsy will be that the case is "pending.”

“Pending" means you have to wait for the results. It does not mean "we don't know.” It does not mean that the autopsy findings were "inconclusive.” Something is inconclusive when you cannot draw conclusions about it after all the information is available. The autopsy itself may be conclusive, but the medical examiner is not going to tell you that—because they are still working to complete the death investigation, and that will take some time.

http://www.forensicmag.com/article/2015/09/7-common-mistakes-regarding-autopsy-reports

My understanding is that "in the vicinity" means NOT in the apartment complex dumpsters. But I might be wrong.

As for the inconclusive autopsy results, again I can only speculate that there was no obvious fatal trauma on her body such as stab wounds, shot wounds, or severe blunt force trauma. Doesn't mean there were no wounds or injuries at all but probably no fatal ones.

Toxicology reports might reveal the cod, but they take time. If she ingested something, or a mix of several "somethings", and died as a result of it that would most likely lead the investigation back to the party.

All just my speculation.

blobfish, are you hearing anything?

ETA: just saw your edit, soanyway. Thanks for the explanation. So we wait.

imo they cannot determine exactly where her body was except that it was along the route of the truck they believe brought it to the landfill, and im assuming many of the stops that truck made were near that apartment building, she may have been in that buildings dumpster, or the one next to it, or any other one along that trucks route imo

i would not have been surprised to hear that the manner of death was undetermined, but for the results to be inconclusive means they could not determine the cause of death - that is surprising.

That's how I would've interpreted it, too. If so, hopefully that would limit the search for the perp and possibly they'd be able to locate her on video in the area.

to me, in the vicinity means not the apt building's assigned dumpster, but one close by.

Hi y'all,

Just got home from work - nothing to report here regarding the state of the building. If there are agents around, I haven't seen them yet, and my guess is if they/the police are here they are parked inside the garage somewhere. No crime scene tape or anything, either here or at the location of other nearby residential dumpsters. Regarding the call box, I was mistaken. The code is not something given to the person buzzing in, it is a code that YOU type into your phone which remotely unlocks the door. Also, even with my relatively small frame, I could not fit through the bars in the garage to try and get in, even without my coat on, so, once again, not sure of that relevance, but thought I'd share. There is a News Channel 2 van still parked outside, but it doesn't look like they are actively doing anything, just sitting there.

So, regarding the autopsy reports, I want to add in my 2 cents that this report is *preliminary*, so, like soanyway and Elainera said in their posts, things like tox screens are not going to be available today. And I think, in this case, the tox report is probably going to be most telling in regards to CAUSE of death. MANNER of death (i.e. suicide, homicide, accidental, or natural) may however be more unclear. So it may be that they find evidence of a drug cocktail, but that wouldn't tell the ME whether or not she had simply taken something she wasn't aware she took (either due to her allegedly intoxicated state, or possibly being misinformed about what she was taking - who can trust the purity of illegal drugs bought on the street nowadays?) or whether she was given it intentionally under criminal motives for rape and/or murder (e.g. spiked drink, poisoning).

Regarding my theory on where she was dumped: I think it was unlikely she was dumped anywhere more than a block from where the apartment complex is. If she were abducted in a car, why would someone bother to dump her anywhere within the vicinity when they could have covered their tracks more and dumped her in a state park somewhere 20 miles away? Therefore, IMO, she was abducted by another person on foot. Given that, 125-150 lbs of human being is a difficult load to carry, meaning they probably weren't going to dump her 3 blocks over. And if her death happened later on, in the early hours of the morning, but when people are starting to wake up (around 530-6), they would've risked being seen. I don't think there was a struggle, because I feel like that would have been reported in the prelim results, because that's important even if it doesn't point to homicide. So you have a full-grown dead, or on-the-verge-of death/comatose adult to transport somewhere without being seen. My money's on the actual apartment complex via the trash chute (vicinity could still mean this complex, but they say vicinity in order not to sound conclusive, because in reality they don't know) or, more likely, one of the more accessible dumpsters down the block that are located in pretty not well-lit conditions.

there is nothing inherent to the term "in the vicinity of" that would keep it from being used in both ways described above.

so "in the vicinity of X" could mean "not at X but nearby", or "somewhere inside of an area with X at its center and also including X"

for example "where was the body found?", reply "in the vicinity of the victim's home" = you would not expect that the body was located in the actual home

but "where are they searching for the suspect?", reply "in the vicinity of the park" = you would expect that they were searching the park also

in this case i dont think we have any information that would rule out either meaning, and considering the specific way in which this body was located after being moved around considerably, i dont see any evidence they have ruled out ANY dumpster along that truck's route.

Thank you for clarifying my statements, what you said regarding the term "in the vicinity of" was a lot more salient than what I tried to express.

I don't think they've ruled out any of the dumpsters either - I should have made it more clear that what I had said were my opinions/conjectures of what I believe would be the most plausible outcomes. I don't know any more about the situation than the police do, aside from living in the building where she was last seen, which doesn't mean much other than I can answer questions about the building setup or update on police presence in real time.

I randomly came upon that option on my Samsung recently. I was happy to see it, although honestly I didn't actually set it up. I guess I'm scared to accidentally activate it?

What is the option? I have a Samsung Note 5. I am alone quite often and would love to know about these things.

Thank you for clarifying my statements, what you said regarding the term "in the vicinity of" was a lot more salient than what I tried to express.

I don't think they've ruled out any of the dumpsters either - I should have made it more clear that what I had said were my opinions/conjectures of what I believe would be the most plausible outcomes. I don't know any more about the situation than the police do, aside from living in the building where she was last seen, which doesn't mean much other than I can answer questions about the building setup or update on police presence in real time.

hi, i didnt mean to direct that at anyone specific, i agree with everything you have said. thanx for sharing the information you do have. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli
Back