Found Deceased TN - Ashley Brown, 27, Nashville, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you blobfish! It's quite possible that she was dumped down that chute. I hope they are checking them? You will probably be one of the first to know. How many of them are there in the complex?

Thank you blobfish! It's quite possible that she was dumped down that chute. I hope they are checking them? You will probably be one of the first to know. How many of them are there in the complex?

There is one chute, but it connects all eight floors. I haven't been up to the seventh floor (where the party was) so I'm not sure what they've done up there in terms of looking for anything (blood, hair, etc.) near or around the chute entrance up there, but I assume there's been police/fed presence in and out of the seventh floor area. I went exploring around the building with my husband tonight just to see where other dumpsters might be, but I didn't go up to the seventh floor because I felt like it would be a little weird, especially given I saw a line of three grey unmarked Ford crown vic's going through the parking garage (which I have full sight of from my window), so I figured they (the feds) were up there, but I haven't checked. I ran into three federal agents in the elevator coming home today around 5pm.

There is one chute, but it connects all eight floors. I haven't been up to the seventh floor (where the party was) so I'm not sure what they've done up there in terms of looking for anything (blood, hair, etc.) near or around the chute entrance up there, but I assume there's been police/fed presence in and out of the seventh floor area. I went exploring around the building with my husband tonight just to see where other dumpsters might be, but I didn't go up to the seventh floor because I felt like it would be a little weird, especially given I saw a line of three grey unmarked Ford crown vic's going through the parking garage (which I have full sight of from my window), so I figured they (the feds) were up there, but I haven't checked. I ran into three federal agents in the elevator coming home today around 5pm.
Has access to the trash chute been limited in any way by the investigation?

So sad, this isn't what I was hoping to see today. Rest in peace, darling girl. Taken too soon. :candle:

Well, I think it's pretty safe to assume she didn't put herself in a dumpster. I see two possibilities, either she never left the apartment, or she was attacked on her way to the shop. Seems like it all would have been over pretty quickly if it were the second, for her to have been dumped in a residential dumpster it doesn't seem like the perp would have had a lot of time with her. Especially at that time of morning, people would be up and about pretty soon after she'd left for the shops. I'm not sure which I'm leaning towards at the moment, but I'm sure we'll know more once COD is released.

Probably the least likely theory, but ...: Could Ashley have dropped her phone down the chute and somehow fallen into the chute herself while trying to retrieve the phone?

If she was reported missing Saturday night and the FBI was going door to door at the complex by yesterday (Tuesday), it sounds like LE suspected foul play from early on, however.

I wonder whether or not LE was able to find a video of Ashley leaving the complex (also wondering if there is only one entrance to the building). Maybe LE checked surveillance camera footage from the entrance to the building (and the elevator, of course), didn't see Ashley, and so decided to focus on the tenants?

As terrible as it is, I do have to say I'm glad that Ashley has been found. Given where they were found, her remains could have stayed hidden forever. Thinking of her and her family tonight.

There are at least five entrances into the building (you need an electronic key fob or code to open), that I know of. I asked the property manager if there were cameras at the entrances near the door I usually smoke near, because I was worried for my own safety, and she still hasn't responded (I asked Tuesday right after the FBI came to my door). I can't see any cameras on those particular doors, but there are multiple exits all over the building, likely more than five, but I've had no reason to use them. The setup of the floor plan is kind of labyrinthine. I've lived here three months and still get a bit turned around when going to the mail room.

I'm leaning away from foul play occurring within the apartments. It doesn't appear the dumpsters are accessible and I would think with it be 8 floors of residential units, the trash pickup would be a minimum of twice a week and she would've been found earlier. IMO, she was killed shortly after leaving the apartment and put in a container where the trash was not picked up as frequently (could still be residential, but fewer units). JMO

I'm leaning away from foul play occurring within the apartments. It doesn't appear the dumpsters are accessible and I would think with it be 8 floors of residential units, the trash pickup would be a minimum of twice a week and she would've been found earlier. IMO, she was killed shortly after leaving the apartment and put in a container where the trash was not picked up as frequently (could still be residential, but fewer units). JMO

Yes, I'm likely to lean more towards her being dumped elsewhere as well, but thought I'd post the pictures. There's a little housing unit basically 200 yards up the street that is for families who are staying here long term because they have loved ones in the hospital. It's a run-down little building with an odd basement that is 'exposed' but has bars on it like a jail cell. That's irrelevant, but just creepy looking at night. Anyway, that little building has less than reliable lighting and also a smaller dumpster that is residential waste - basically the size of what you'd see in the back of a fast food restaurant, and given that that house only has about 8-10 units total, probably not picked up as frequently.

Edit: the dumpster is fully exposed and accessible by anyone who would want to open it. No surrounding gate/fence/padlock or anything.

So AB would've had to have someone let her back into the building or have been given a code? In no way am I blaming anyone from the apartment, but I'm feeling so frustrated that no one knew exactly when she left and those first few hours are critical. This case hits very close to home for me as so many young women (including my own daughter) have a false sense of security and are unaware of just how much evil lurks among us. I'm not paranoid, I just wish we all did a better job of looking out for each other. Sorry, rant over.

There are at least five entrances into the building (you need an electronic key fob or code to open), that I know of. I asked the property manager if there were cameras at the entrances near the door I usually smoke near, because I was worried for my own safety, and she still hasn't responded (I asked Tuesday right after the FBI came to my door). I can't see any cameras on those particular doors, but there are multiple exits all over the building, likely more than five, but I've had no reason to use them. The setup of the floor plan is kind of labyrinthine. I've lived here three months and still get a bit turned around when going to the mail room.

Thank you blobfish for sharing your knowledge of the building and area, and the photos! It helps a lot.

So AB would've had to have someone let her back into the building or have been given a code? In no way am I blaming anyone from the apartment, but I'm feeling so frustrated that no one knew exactly when she left and those first few hours are critical. This case hits very close to home for me as so many young women (including my own daughter) have a false sense of security and are unaware of just how much evil lurks among us. I'm not paranoid, I just wish we all did a better job of looking out for each other. Sorry, rant over.

Could not agree more. I slam the door in people's faces when they try to follow me in after using my key fob, and I've been called an a-hole and a c*nt for not just letting random people in who "forgot their keys". So, to answer you, yes, anyone who was getting into the building after hours (the office is open from 9-5pm on Saturdays, and you can get into the building through the front door and access units) would have to either have someone's key fob or be let in by someone who lives here. I always close the door behind me as I come in, and honestly I don't care that people get mad about it. But I've seen people prop doors open with rocks and bricks before around here, mostly for moving, but sometimes I'll just see them randomly propped, and I move the rock/brick. It's basically like being in a college dorm - don't let in randos and don't prop open doors, especially at night. It shouldn't be hard to follow, but in our society, especially for women, I think that the 'politeness' is expected and people often feel rude or embarrassed if someone is pleading to get in, but with so many units and so many people constantly moving in and out, I have no idea who actually lives here except for the old lady across the hall from me; she's literally the only face I'd recognize in a line-up. Sorry for my rant too, but I totally get where you're coming from. I'm a small woman who has been attacked before and this kind of s**t (resident safety measures and all that) is stuff I get REALLY worked up about. I'm glad your daughter has a parent to look up to that is aware of all this kind of stuff. I was raised by a military dad who taught me to trust no one, and have my ears perked all the time. Also, no need to apologize - your rant is information that is valid, and worthwhile in a discussion surrounding a case like this, even when we don't have a lot of information.

Is this area location in the direction of Rite Aid or away? I know we don't know for sure if that's where she was headed and she could've easily been twisted around. Just curious. Please be careful. While what happened to AB could be very isolated, there was another member here who posted not long ago about a trafficker that had been living in the same complex as her daughter (unknown until his arrest)(not in TN). She had been taking the dog out alone at night (when her husband wasn't there) and knew the man from casual conversation. I just don't think ANYONE can be too safe these days, especially when so many of these crimes are fueled by drugs :(

Yes, I'm likely to lean more towards her being dumped elsewhere as well, but thought I'd post the pictures. There's a little housing unit basically 200 yards up the street that is for families who are staying here long term because they have loved ones in the hospital. It's a run-down little building with an odd basement that is 'exposed' but has bars on it like a jail cell. That's irrelevant, but just creepy looking at night. Anyway, that little building has less than reliable lighting and also a smaller dumpster that is residential waste - basically the size of what you'd see in the back of a fast food restaurant, and given that that house only has about 8-10 units total, probably not picked up as frequently.

Edit: the dumpster is fully exposed and accessible by anyone who would want to open it. No surrounding gate/fence/padlock or anything.

Elainera: "Thank you blobfish for sharing your knowledge of the building and area, and the photos! It helps a lot."

You're welcome! Happy to provide what I can and answer questions to the best of my abilities. Also, for the record, I've hated this complex since I moved to it and my husband and I are looking to break our lease for a litany of other reasons. They brand it as "luxury", but it's really just lipstick on a pig.

Edit: this was supposed to be in reply to Elainera, but I messed that up. New to this forum format. Oops!

Is this area location in the direction of Rite Aid or away? I know we don't know for sure if that's where she was headed and she could've easily been twisted around. Just curious. Please be careful. While what happened to AB could be very isolated, there was another member here who posted not long ago about a trafficker that had been living in the same complex as her daughter (unknown until his arrest)(not in TN). She had been taking the dog out alone at night (when her husband wasn't there) and knew the man from casual conversation. I just don't think ANYONE can be too safe these days, especially when so many of these crimes are fueled by drugs :(

This area is away from the Rite Aid - which could make sense with other people's theories of her saying she was going out for a cig, not going to buy cigs, as that bit of info seems fuzzy. I'm doing my best to stay safe. Anything after dark and my husband is with me. I carry pepper spray literally in my hand in my pocket to and from work, even when it's light out. I've had stuff happen to me before. Never again. Thanks for your concern, though, it's really great to see such a supportive community here - this is my first time on the site. I don't have children and never will, but I have a goddaughter and two nieces. This just makes me sick to my stomach and makes me want to protect them forever. AB was somebody's baby and they threw her in the trash. I can't wrap my mind around how someone could feel they had the right to throw a human life in the garbage. I was crying at work over this today after it was posted she was dead. I told my boss about everything and he was so understanding, and told me I should just go home because I was upset and he wanted to be sure I was home before it got dark (because I don't drive). He told me maybe I should think about leaving before sunset and working from home if I have things to finish that aren't done by 430ish for the time being. The silver lining of things like this is to see the outpouring of love and support from strangers, coworkers, etc. There's already a vigil scheduled in Centennial Park for her tomorrow, and within a day people have already crowdfunded $3700 for Ashley's family for funeral expenses. It's nice to know that there are good people out there too.

I couldn't agree more and especially in the South where people are naturally very friendly, many women don't want to appear offensive. Sadly, until you've experienced a crime first hand (or through a friend/family member), it's hard to accept that it can (and does) happen to anyone, anywhere. There was a comment on a HFAB post about a Samsung phone having an emergency alert in which you hold the on/off button 3 times and your contacts as well as LE are notified. It may have even said that pics were taken and the GPS location sent. It's the first I've seen of this and curious as to whether any iPhone users are away of such a feature. It really could be lifesaving. My daughter does have tracking on her phone, but this option would be huge.

Could not agree more. I slam the door in people's faces when they try to follow me in after using my key fob, and I've been called an a-hole and a c*nt for not just letting random people in who "forgot their keys". So, to answer you, yes, anyone who was getting into the building after hours (the office is open from 9-5pm on Saturdays, and you can get into the building through the front door and access units) would have to either have someone's key fob or be let in by someone who lives here. I always close the door behind me as I come in, and honestly I don't care that people get mad about it. But I've seen people prop doors open with rocks and bricks before around here, mostly for moving, but sometimes I'll just see them randomly propped, and I move the rock/brick. It's basically like being in a college dorm - don't let in randos and don't prop open doors, especially at night. It shouldn't be hard to follow, but in our society, especially for women, I think that the 'politeness' is expected and people often feel rude or embarrassed if someone is pleading to get in, but with so many units and so many people constantly moving in and out, I have no idea who actually lives here except for the old lady across the hall from me; she's literally the only face I'd recognize in a line-up. Sorry for my rant too, but I totally get where you're coming from. I'm a small woman who has been attacked before and this kind of s**t (resident safety measures and all that) is stuff I get REALLY worked up about. I'm glad your daughter has a parent to look up to that is aware of all this kind of stuff. I was raised by a military dad who taught me to trust no one, and have my ears perked all the time. Also, no need to apologize - your rant is information that is valid, and worthwhile in a discussion surrounding a case like this, even when we don't have a lot of information.

I couldn't agree more and especially in the South where people are naturally very friendly, many women don't want to appear offensive. Sadly, until you've experienced a crime first hand (or through a friend/family member), it's hard to accept that it can (and does) happen to anyone, anywhere. There was a comment on a HFAB post about a Samsung phone having an emergency alert in which you hold the on/off button 3 times and your contacts as well as LE are notified. It may have even said that pics were taken and the GPS location sent. It's the first I've seen of this and curious as to whether any iPhone users are away of such a feature. It really could be lifesaving. My daughter does have tracking on her phone, but this option would be huge.

Yeah, despite being in my 20's, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to phones. I'm not sure about the Samsung thing or the capabilities of an iPhone. I have an old crappy droid that doesn't even power on half the time, so I'm not sure what phones' capabilities are nowadays. But this post makes me think I should stop being a cheapskate and get a good phone I can rely on in an emergency situation.

I randomly came upon that option on my Samsung recently. I was happy to see it, although honestly I didn't actually set it up. I guess I'm scared to accidentally activate it?

I'm glad your boss is supportive and I would take him up on the offer in a heartbeat (at least while it still gets dark so early). We can't live in fear but it doesn't hurt to be as proactive as possible. I'm glad to hear the community is being so supportive and I continue to pray for strength for AB's family as they continue to face the unimaginable.

This area is away from the Rite Aid - which could make sense with other people's theories of her saying she was going out for a cig, not going to buy cigs, as that bit of info seems fuzzy. I'm doing my best to stay safe. Anything after dark and my husband is with me. I carry pepper spray literally in my hand in my pocket to and from work, even when it's light out. I've had stuff happen to me before. Never again. Thanks for your concern, though, it's really great to see such a supportive community here - this is my first time on the site. I don't have children and never will, but I have a goddaughter and two nieces. This just makes me sick to my stomach and makes me want to protect them forever. AB was somebody's baby and they threw her in the trash. I can't wrap my mind around how someone could feel they had the right to throw a human life in the garbage. I was crying at work over this today after it was posted she was dead. I told my boss about everything and he was so understanding, and told me I should just go home because I was upset and he wanted to be sure I was home before it got dark (because I don't drive). He told me maybe I should think about leaving before sunset and working from home if I have things to finish that aren't done by 430ish for the time being. The silver lining of things like this is to see the outpouring of love and support from strangers, coworkers, etc. There's already a vigil scheduled in Centennial Park for her tomorrow, and within a day people have already crowdfunded $3700 for Ashley's family for funeral expenses. It's nice to know that there are good people out there too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back