AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

I have read most of the 30 pages of thread here, and to be honest some I just scrolled through rather fast. I did not see where anyone was talking about the death threats made to searchers. If he did just walk off then why the threats? I wonder if the searchers were getting close to finding something that would lead to SR or evidence as to what might have occurred.

This is only my gut feeling, which may totally miss the mark. And I’m entirely basing my thoughts on having grown up in a small community myself.

I reckon it’s not directly tied to what happened to Sebastian, but rather it’s locals being territorial and shunning disruptive ‘outsiders’ who are using a microscope and a fine tooth comb to investigate a child disappearance. For me, a child is missing and needs to be found at all costs— no stone unturned. But to a local it’s personal and exposing a possible crime against one of their children, therefore out-of-area searchers are shining an unflattering spotlight on their community. Shame it happened in their community, perhaps? Therefore reacting in a ‘nothing to see hear, go away’ mentality.

I’m not passing judgement on Hendersonville, any surrounding communities or TN. Just trying to make sense of death threats, hopefully these threats are from a tiny minority. JMO

So, today I checked in with investigators.
Make no mistake, Rogers missing is not at this point a cold case.
The TBI, the FBI, and the Sumner County sheriff all say it remains active.
But, authorities also say they are no closer to solving the mystery of what happened to Sebastian.
In recent weeks, the latest tip that turned out to be nothing was a photograph taken at a visitor center in North Carolina.
That look-a-like teen was identified and confirmed not to be Sebastian.
Since then things have been quiet: "We are doing everything we can do every time a tip comes down we follow up," says Eric Craddock chief deputy with the Sumner County Sheriff's office who heads up the investigation.
One hundred days since Sebastian disappeared is a milestone, but Craddock says no one is giving up.
Unfortunately, the number of reported tips or potential sightings has decreased in recent weeks.
There are no more random search efforts by authorities.
But based on the investigation and search efforts to date, they do have a body of work to review.
“In the absence of information what we continue to do is go back over everything we've done once and give it a new set of eyes."
Maybe someone with a fresh outlook will notice something in the search area that others have missed.
In the meantime, Craddock says they keep in touch with Sebastian's parents who continue to cooperate — having talked with them just this past week.

HENDERSONVILLE, TENN. — An unfortunate milestone, as the search for a missing teen reaches one hundred days.

Sebastian Rogers disappeared from his Hendersonville home more than three months ago.

It's a case so many of us still follow.

Posted at 12:23 PM, Jun 03, 2024

If you have a credible tip on the Sebastian Rogers case you can call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
1717515895290.png

This is only my gut feeling, which may totally miss the mark. And I’m entirely basing my thoughts on having grown up in a small community myself.

I reckon it’s not directly tied to what happened to Sebastian, but rather it’s locals being territorial and shunning disruptive ‘outsiders’ who are using a microscope and a fine tooth comb to investigate a child disappearance. For me, a child is missing and needs to be found at all costs— no stone unturned. But to a local it’s personal and exposing a possible crime against one of their children, therefore out-of-area searchers are shining an unflattering spotlight on their community. Shame it happened in their community, perhaps? Therefore reacting in a ‘nothing to see hear, go away’ mentality.

I’m not passing judgement on Hendersonville, any surrounding communities or TN. Just trying to make sense of death threats, hopefully these threats are from a tiny minority. JMO
I am of the thought that 'it's all hands on deck' when it comes to finding a missing person. Time to put aside personal feelings and just get them found. I don't know the area where he is from and you are probably right in that 'move along, nothing to see here'. I sometimes just wish when media does these posts they would flesh it out a bit with more information.

I would think the private land owners have searched their properties extensively. No one knows a property like the landowner, every nook and cranny, every gully, creek, barn an out building.

Our family owns a very large farm, I own a small one. NO one's searching my property except law enforcement. I would never allow a private individual, on my property to search. This is a major liability for the property owner. If the person is hurt, then my homeowners insurance would be responsible or I could be sued. Nope, I'm more than capable of searching my property. I don't need an out of towner to come in with or without dogs and search my property. I don't know them, I don't know their background, I don't know their criminal history, I don't know if they will damage anything, hurt my livestock and animals.
Nope.

I'd ask how many on the thread would allow a complete stranger to come unto your property and into your house and search, without a warrant, without a background check?

As I said, if LE wanted to search my property without a warrant to look for a missing child, I would welcome them.

This is a small town, I live in a small town, most everybody knows everybody. They don't need a bunch of outsiders especially on tick tock and YouTube descending on their City. It creates chaos, rumors, false information, drama and generates excess calls to law enforcement.

Moo

Last edited:
I would think the private land owners have searched their properties extensively. No one knows a property like the landowner, every nook and cranny, every gully, creek, barn an out building.

Our family owns a very large farm, I own a small one. NO one's searching my property except law enforcement. I would never allow a private individual, on my property to search. This is a major liability for the property owner. If the person is hurt, then my homeowners insurance would be responsible or I could be sued. Nope, I'm more than capable of searching my property. I don't need an out of towner to come in with or without dogs and search my property. I don't know them, I don't know their background, I don't know their criminal history, I don't know if they will damage anything, hurt my livestock and animals.
Nope.

I'd ask how many on the thread would allow a complete stranger to come unto your property and into your house and search, without a warrant, without a background check?

As I said, if LE wanted to search my property without a warrant to look for a missing child, I would welcome them.

This is a small town, I live in a small town, most everybody knows everybody. They don't need a bunch of outsiders especially on tick tock and YouTube descending on their City. It creates chaos, rumors, false information, drama and generates excess calls to law enforcement.

Moo
Ditto. Heck the perp may be searching along with people. Happens a lot. And who knows what could be planted on your property to throw LE off.

Nope.

Moo

Sorry, I wasn’t referring to people trespassing on private property and I totally agree with you on that. LE have asked that landowners check land and property daily and I would hope that locals would assist in that way.

But I understand that some of the death threats were directed towards the searchers and their colleagues/families being in the area.

Sorry, I wasn’t referring to people trespassing on private property and I totally agree with you on that. LE have asked that landowners check land and property daily and I would hope that locals would assist in that way.

But I understand that some of the death threats were directed towards the searchers and their colleagues/families being in the area.
MOO... Hendersonville is an upper income community. It mostly consist of local, long-term families, farming, raising very expensive race and show horses, specialty cattle.
I don't see the locals making death threats. I do see locals making threats when their land is approached. It maybe rural and appear public.
I'm pretty sure all the public land has been searched several times.

I've watched many podcast of fussing, arguing, accusations when CP refused to allow one of Seth's dog handlers search his house after months, when LE told him not to. I've seen and heard the drama, the accusations made against the podcasters, the searchers, and LE.

I'm sure the community is upset to have this type of behavior to descend on their upscale community. A local grocer has been visited numerous times by tiktokers and podcasters, wanting video.
I can't imagine what these people have put the community through.

Like I said I've scoured Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, comments from news articles, I can't find one single threat. I'm not buying it. I don't believe they are beneficial in any way, create a great deal of havoc, a great amount of LE calls for trespassing.
Moo... They need to pack up and move on.

I would never allow a private individual, on my property to search. This is a major liability for the property owner. If the person is hurt, then my homeowners insurance would be responsible or I could be sued.
This is a great point. I hadn’t thought about this possibility until you mentioned it. I am reminded of an instance a little less than a decade ago during which a handyman fell from a ladder on our property, and he sued us for 1.5 million dollars (stating that my husband had refused to hold the ladder for him). He allegedly suffered a compound fracture which resulted in a hospital stay, multiple surgeries, etc. This would, IMO certainly be a valid/warranted concern amongst the locals w/regard to property searches.

Ditto. Heck the perp may be searching along with people. Happens a lot. And who knows what could be planted on your property to throw LE off.
Yes, or steal a quarter million dollar plus show horse.
I think these folks watch their property pretty heavily. I follow a breeder in this area, she and her hubby have a lot of cameras, heavily posted no trespassing and are out riding the property at all hours of the night. She frequently posts about unknown people stopping trying to coach the horses to the fence to "pet" them.

Yes I understand, folks want to search. I know as a property owner I would be searching and researching every single inch, if a child was missing. But letting others, on my property, to greater risk, a hard no. Theft, liability, planted evidence. Nope, not when LE/TBI are way more qualified and reputable.

Moo...

Three things that keep standing out to me. He disappeared on the date of SR and K P divorce. He disappeared just a few days before the custody hearing and blew that up. lE has returned everything back to the PF and SR except the PlayStation and switch that was at SR. I don't know if these things were just a crazy coincidence but it's all fishy..Each separately could take you down 3 different roads.jmo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73
Back