TN - Barbara Danley (Lehman) Johnson, 50, murdered, I-75, McMinn County, Nov 1996 *arrest 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Carrie wasnt cornered, she just showed where the anger and violence comes from , years later they attempted to interview her again, and she was aggressive toward the reporters,
i use her in discussion often, when people ask how someone could hide a loved ones, crimes, no matter how heinous

Exhibit A: Carrie

There's NO WAY, that woman would turn in her child, and those types exist in all different varieties

How for example can you help your son escape the law when you know he killed his girlfriend and left her out in the woods? ... ask the Laundrie family.

People will protect the rep, and image of family at all costs, sometimes its BECAUSE of a certain individual and their repeated acts, sometimes, its because they really feel the person is innocent (usually despite mountains of overwhelming evidence), sometimes, its to protect their little sector withing a larger family and avoid ridicule, and sometimes, sometimes it to avoid personal ridicule, sometimes they just don't want to deal , and sometimes its just because they want to give the finger to the world.
Okay, wow, I feel very protected and naive about evil in the world and thankful that I don't have that behavior in my life.

So if there is a physically weaker person in the family unit let's say a girl and the abuser does what he does abuses this girl growing up. What would cause everyone in the family unit to protect the abuser and not the one being abused? Mother, Father and siblings?

I'm wrapping my head around the above scenarios, (I will now have to reread your earlier post a few more times) but in this case it's just the one being abused which is a part of the family and then subsequent instances of abuse in other weaker family members were also met with pressure not to get "abuser" in trouble.

This confuses me because I can not imagine an instance that if my child or any family member was being harmed that I would allow it in any shape or form.

Year Month Event Location

1968 10/31/68 Birth

1990 08/01/90 Was Driving Brookfield, Ill or Wisconsin

1991 12/01/91 Residence 260 Bellingham Rd, Colchester, IL

1996 11/12/96 Accused murder Barbara McMinn, County TN

2000 06/01/00 Residence 12540 N 850th Rd, Macomb, IL

10/09/00 Motor Carrier Violations

11/27/00 Motor Carrier Violations

2002 12/02/02 Ticket Franklin County Ohio

12/05/02 Motor Carrier Violations

2003 01/23/03 Residence 260 Bellingham Rd, Colchester, IL

2004 01/05/04 death uncle Illinois

2005 11/22/05 Susp Lic

2009 Sexual Abuse McComb, Ill

2011 08/10/11 Pic taken Sex Reg. Parole
2012 09/21/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
10/05/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
10/26/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
11/30/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
2013 01/17/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
01/24/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
01/28/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
02/01/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
02/20/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
08/23/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
11/05/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "

2017 09/28/17 death Mother Illinois
10/01/17 Funeral not in prison Illinois
? aft. Dth mother Married briefly Illinois

2018 08/31/18 death Father Illinois
11/19/18 created email rjmot3946@gmail.com

2021 06/09/21 Offender Reg Illinois
08/01/21 Re-submitted Evidence MC Minn, County TN

2022 01/18/22 Indicted Murder MC Minn, County TN
02/01/22 Arrested Murder McMinn, County TN

A timeline of events for Rodney E. Jackson. This is what I have been able to gather from information I have found. If anyone has any further information I would be glad to add it.

Okay, wow, I feel very protected and naive about evil in the world and thankful that I don't have that behavior in my life.

So if there is a physically weaker person in the family unit let's say a girl and the abuser does what he does abuses this girl growing up. What would cause everyone in the family unit to protect the abuser and not the one being abused? Mother, Father and siblings?

I'm wrapping my head around the above scenarios, (I will now have to reread your earlier post a few more times) but in this case it's just the one being abused which is a part of the family and then subsequent instances of abuse in other weaker family members were also met with pressure not to get "abuser" in trouble.

This confuses me because I can not imagine an instance that if my child or any family member was being harmed that I would allow it in any shape or form.
I know, it's hard to wrap your head around unless you have seen it up front. Abusers "con" the entire family into feeling sorry for them. Family members find ways to justify and minimize the abuser's behavior, because it's not as though the abuse exists in an otherwise healthy situation. The entire background of the family revolves around the abuser's needs, fears, ego, and they tend to overvalue this one person as being critical to their survival ("if Daddy gets in trouble for hitting Jr, then what will happen to us? We'll all be homeless. " Or, "we can't afford a lawyer for your brother if he gets in trouble for molesting you little sister. We'll be ruined socially and financially.")

Moreover, they see what the abuser is capable of. It isn't just cowardice, where they'd rather not be the recipient of abuse themselves, but they are also trying to control and reduce the abuser's rage ("if it spreads to the rest of us, then we can't control it and something even worse will happen").

Year Month Event Location

1968 10/31/68 Birth

1990 08/01/90 Was Driving Brookfield, Ill or Wisconsin

1991 12/01/91 Residence 260 Bellingham Rd, Colchester, IL

1996 11/12/96 Accused murder Barbara McMinn, County TN

2000 06/01/00 Residence 12540 N 850th Rd, Macomb, IL

10/09/00 Motor Carrier Violations

11/27/00 Motor Carrier Violations

2002 12/02/02 Ticket Franklin County Ohio

12/05/02 Motor Carrier Violations

2003 01/23/03 Residence 260 Bellingham Rd, Colchester, IL

2004 01/05/04 death uncle Illinois

2005 11/22/05 Susp Lic

2009 Sexual Abuse McComb, Ill

2011 08/10/11 Pic taken Sex Reg. Parole
2012 09/21/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
10/05/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
10/26/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
11/30/12 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
2013 01/17/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
01/24/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
01/28/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
02/01/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
02/20/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
08/23/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "
11/05/13 Pic taken Sex Reg. "

2017 09/28/17 death Mother Illinois
10/01/17 Funeral not in prison Illinois
? aft. Dth mother Married briefly Illinois

2018 08/31/18 death Father Illinois
11/19/18 created email rjmot3946@gmail.com

2021 06/09/21 Offender Reg Illinois
08/01/21 Re-submitted Evidence MC Minn, County TN

2022 01/18/22 Indicted Murder MC Minn, County TN
02/01/22 Arrested Murder McMinn, County TN

A timeline of events for Rodney E. Jackson. This is what I have been able to gather from information I have found. If anyone has any further information I would be glad to add it.

Great timeline, thank you. These are always helpful. Like everyone else here, there's real concern that this guy has other victims out there.

I see I'm late for Kell1's latest criminology class. Take notes, it often comes in handy later when you're following other cases.

As for families who defend horrible killers, I always remember Ted Bundy's mother's response to his confession. I think in her case, the scope and horror of his crimes was just too much for her to process. A lot of people were blaming her for his crimes, but I'm not sure she was to blame. He was very good at hiding things and presenting such a friendly, normal face to others.

A recent example of family denial goes even farther. In the case of the Wagner family in southern Ohio, the youngest son became angry with his ex-partner and mother of his child when she left him, moved back home to her parents with the baby and refused to give him full custody. He not only decided to kill her, his parents and brother decided to cook up a plot to murder the girlfriend and 7 other members of her family. It took an abnormally enmeshed family dynamic to motivate the Wagners to sit down at the kitchen table and spend 3 months planning the execution of the Rhodens. When police investigated, they found the Wagners were so enmeshed that they all lived together, shared money/bank accounts, made group decisions about their personal lives, etc. Part of that enmeshed lifestyle came with a very strong sense of family entitlement and belief that they were superior to most everyone else.

Depends on the family, there have been cases, where a single child within a "functional" family unit is singled out for abuse and others are spared any of it , (For ex Jeanette Maples) ) there have been cases, where they family members were so frightened for their own well being, that they kept their mouths shut, there have been cases, where they just didn't care, and cases, where protecting their "good" name above all else was paramount.

In some cases, there's doubt, in some they just want the bad to go quietly away, in some they are even complicit in the act

I had a case once, where a woman running a daycare out of her home, would allow her husband to sexually abuse the kids she watched. She even participated BECAUSE it was his will. She served 12 years in prison while he was out in 3 because she REFUSED to testify against him because "She Loved Jeffrey" , I believe she's still incarcerated

You never know why people do what they do .

I was contacted late last night by a friend who sent me this article, it is her brother. She believes that this was probably not his first murder nor his last. She has not had any contact with him for decades because she stated he was pure evil with no remorse. He was a truck driver between Illinois and Florida during this time period. She has alerted Tennessee authorities of her concerns. Man charged in 1996 McMinn County murder. I am posting here because he may be the answer to other cold case
I became active again on here today so I could add to this thread. I was thinking about writing about Barbara on my blog, but the information is scarce. That's when I found this thread. I knew Rodney and his siblings long ago and visited their family home numerous times. While I was surprised that Rodney is an alleged murderer, I was not surprised when I found out he is a registered sex offender. As a teenager, he preyed on girls younger than him constantly, especially his sister's friends. Rodney preyed on the young and naive because they were easily influenced. I always wondered whether he abused his sister. I suspected that he did, although she never told me. I am glad Barbara will finally get justice and her killer is off the streets.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clue22349
Back