GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tlcya, I agree with what you've said.

My musings were mostly that maybe he intended to have her back before anyone realized she'd been pulled out of school, and hope no one would ever know. It sounds like he's done this before - check her out and then return her - and maybe that's what he intended this time. I don't think, though, that his intentions were innocent either way.

What stumps me is that once he took her out of that school and kept her past the time where LE was called and the school became involved, that's it. There's no going back. There's no Plan B where he can play innocent. He's done for, and can never come back home without criminal charges being filed and his life as he knows it will be over. The thought that he didn't try to cover his tracks, IMHO, is one of the many things that makes this case so baffling.

Can someone briefly summarize the whole custody issue? Was she living with her Dad at the time of the abduction or was she living with the Aunt & Uncle? I have a bad feeling that the uncle missed having Carlie around him 24/7, if she was now living with the Dad. And I think we will learn some other unsettling facts about the uncle's relationship and treatment of Carlie while she was in their custody. But I also find it odd that there aren't more leads. What, if any, kind of searches have been organized? They are either sleeping in that van or in a wooded area somewhere. I just pray someone finds Carlie before the uncle does something even worse.

I'm not sure why the dad didn't have custody, and instead a paternal aunt and her husband (the Simpsons) had custody. But apparently the dad's custody was restored recently. They all live very close to one another, with other extended family living on the same very rural wooded road.

The discussion of Gary's eyebrows made me think that perhaps he is vain, or had a vanity he struggled to hide, or could have trichotillomania. Trichotillomania, dermatotillomania (skin picking/pulling) or other manifestations of OCD are common co-disorders with mental illness. ("Gary has habits he doesn't like disrupted."~paraphrased statement, and to me, indicative of OCD.) These OCD behaviors are considered self-harm or self-mutilation, but when it is performed, it is soothing to the person who does it. I am diagnosed with both, and they are controlled, but not without massive amounts (150 mg) of naltrexone. Most people know this as Narcan or naloxone, the drug that reverses the effects of intoxication or opioid overdose.

My mom suffered with trichotillomania as a child and young adult. She stopped the behavior by the time I was born. (her late 30's.) Although un-diagnosed, she was clearly OSD and I believe had BPD as well. She self medicated with alcohol most of her life.

Sorry for the OT post.

Has anyone seen any press reports on whether this guy Simpson owned any weapons or not, namely a pistol ?
Anything about a weapon being missing from his home ? The TBI hasn't declared him as being armed and dangerous as far as I know.
I doubt if I've seen all the media interviews with the parents, so I don't know everything they may have had to say about it.

After seeing what very few supplies he bought, and with virtually no sightings of them at all, I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about what his plans were for the two of them.

I am getting this ominous feeling. I hope she is found soon. I agree with Ticya on all of the points made in the post.

After seeing what very few supplies he bought, and with virtually no sightings of them at all, I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about what his plans were for the two of them.

I don't think we can say what supplies he has. There's no telling what he took with him from his home or prior shopping trips.

I hope you're wrong.

Well he has to know he's caught when he is caught . No way out of this so hopefully that leaves no reason to hurt C. No news is good news, guys !
I use the word ' hurt' loosely here.

Who is to say his times away he was not building a bunker..... It would not be the first time, nor the last. Just curious if his camping gear included a tent, if not.....they may be underground....IMHO

So, this "uncle" told the school that C.'s father was in a bad car accident and they just let her go with him? :furious:

When will this stop?

i would like to know if he had permission to take her out? i know when my son was in school, i had to put people on a list where they can pick him up and take him home or to the dr's and why didnt the school check the police to see if there was an accident or even call the mother? :maddening:

It has been reported the uncle and his wife, C.'s paternal aunt, previously had custody of C. and were still listed at the school as authorized to pick her up on the contact forms at school.

There was no reason for the school to question him picking her up, especially in a family emergency such as a relative injure in a car accident.

It appears when dad received custody back, no action was taken to update the school's information.

==========================================

C. also was still picked up and dropped off in front of the Simpson home. Her father's home is reportedly nearby and the Simpsons were apparently still involved with C.'s day to day activities.

Simpson, his wife, and disabled son live next door to the home occupied by C., her father and 7-year-old sister. C.’s mother doesn’t have custody.

[...]

Simpson and his wife have helped raise C., and at one point Simpson and his wife had temporary custody.

http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforcement/2016/05/05/Child-who-was-picked-up-at-scho

Steve Starnes, Director of Schools for Hawkins County, said that Simpson was designated in writing as having the authority to pick up C. from school, and that he'd picked here up before.

"The school secretary checked the child's emergency card and verified that Mr. Simpson had permission to sign the child out from school," said Starnes in a statement. "Additionally, documentation on file at the school listed Mr. Simpson as a legal guardian."

"He regularly picked her up from school throughout the school year," her father James Trent told 10News. "He helped me with all the things I couldn't get to -- appointments, and things like that."

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/tbi-...ert-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/171648942

I would think, if the school records indicate that Simpson is the legal guardian, custody would have been reestablished with her father rather recently. I know I had to update that information yearly for my sons. Every year, beginning of the school year, they'd come home with packets of paperwork, including information on the legal guardian. That tells me that the father would have regained custody after the beginning of the year. Not only that, but why would the father register her and list someone else as guardian? He wouldn't; the person who registered her would have to have been her legal guardian at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I immediately thought of Shasta once it was speculated he may have taken her on a camping trip. My heart is still in my stomach :( so many of the threads are gut wrenching, but I think Shasta's may have been the most disturbing to me. I am glad that Shasta eventually escaped that monster thanks to him taking her out in public, where the waitress recognized her, & I hope that Gary continues to take C. out in public, & that someone recognizes her & helps save her, too. I hope that C. does not experience the awful things Shasta (& her poor brother) did, before she is saved from whatever the situation she is now in. I wish I felt like it was some sort of custody dispute, but I really feel like that's not it. Maybe it set him off, or maybe he felt like he lost custody of C., so now he's got nothing to lose, etc., but I really feel like there is some sort of terrible motive here. I feel a tiny bit more hopeful, though judging by how 'normal' C. seemed to be acting in the video; at least more normal than I would expect for a child who has just been kidnapped. The video of Shasta in the gas station with her kidnapped was much different. Granted she had been abused for quite some time at that point, & this video of C. seems to have been fairly soon after she was taken from school. Ugh--I just don't know what to think.

i know he's her uncle, but from which side?

what a beautiful little girl. prayers she will be found ok :please:

The Simpsons temporarily had custody because (as far as I have seen in MSM) her father went to jail. I have not been able to figure out what he went to jail for, when or how long.

It has been stated her mother does not have custody. I am not sure why as far as that goes or how long it has been that way, but it does appear her mom is concerned, so I would assume that she possibly at least sees C. for visitation time at least?

C., mom & dad all have the same last name (according to MSM), so I assume her parents were married at one time. I assume that they are no longer married or are separated due to the fact that MSM has stated that C., her dad, & sibling live in a house nearby/next door (parapgrasing) to Gary & his wife. I have not seen it mentioned that the mom lives there; I have not seen any mention of where the mom lives actually.

Sad all around.

Gary Simpson’s wife Linda, who is C.’s aunt, says they used to have custody of C. and her sister because their father was in jail. The girls’ father says he regained custody a little over a year ago, but according to Linda Simpson, the girls still primarily live with them.[quote/]

http://wate.com/2016/05/04/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/

"My heart is broke. I can’t stop thinking about her and if she’s safe,” said her mom Shannon Trent.The piercing silence of her phone is even worse. Trent says with every call she hopes it’s police with good news.
“This is happening over and over and over. I think I’ve found something and it turns out to be nothing,” she said.[quote/]

http://wate.com/2016/05/06/mother-o...l-in-amber-alert-pleads-for-daughters-return/

I agree. The fact his wife was so quick to express her concern makes me think she saw or suspected something in the past :(

if this is the case, why the heck didnt she say anything? :mad:

I wouldn't hang too much on the school records. In my daughter's freshman year of high school I moved some people to a 'blacklist'. Then all years after that I filled out piles of forms with those people blacklisted and different people on an 'allowed' list. During her senior year I found the people I thought had been blacklisted for 4 years were still listed as emergency contacts Needless to say I freaked out on a couple of people at that school. Thank goodness there was never a need to contact an alternate emergency contact, that would have ended horribly.

Just to say schools aren't always on top of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy