GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope what I'm about to say doesn't come across the wrong way but here goes. The dad, mom and aunt have all spoken on MSM and pleaded for her return but even though they've all said how concerned they are, they don't appear to be in a panic or distraught. I know everyone reacts differently and they're probably still in a state of shock but I get the feeling that aren't as afraid of C. being hurt as we are. I guess I'm hoping they know him well enough to think he won't physically harm her.

Well he has to know he's caught when he is caught . No way out of this so hopefully that leaves no reason to hurt C. No news is good news, guys !
I use the word ' hurt' loosely here.

I think knowing there's no way out gives him even more reason to hurt her. I hope I'm wrong.

if this is the case, why the heck didnt she say anything? :mad:

People want to live in denial, especially wives of creeps, it would seem. I HAD a friend in the past whose husband made a very inappropriate comment to a very young girl. He admitted he said it and that it was a joke and she believed it. It's easier to bury your head in the sand for some, it seems.

If this was a custody dispute (or, the uncle felt like he again wanted custody of C. & her sister, but the courts had obviously given the kids back to their father), I think the uncle would have taken BOTH C. & her sister. I see no reason for him to take only C. in a custody type situation.
Sadly, my thoughts are that he has a sick infatuation with C. & God knows what his intentions were or are.
For some reason, he picked up only C. from school, & not her sister. Did the school question that? If an uncle came to school with a story of a father's car accident, wouldn't you expect that uncle to pick up ALL the children in the family?

I think knowing there's no way out gives him even more reason to hurt her. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree. I think this will end in murder suicide if it hasn't already. Anything else - except in the VERY VERY improbable case that his car merely ran off the road the afternoon he took her, or somehow unbelievably he's just got her innocently camping (in which case he'll still face charges for interfering with custody), he's in prison for the rest of his life. Even if he returns her alive at this point.

Yes it's curious to me when adult cases trump missing children cases. I cannot quite figure that one out, except sensationalism.
I 'm actually encouraged by his purchases at walmart. It makes me think he does not plan to do anything 'permanent' any time soon. Gives LE more time to catch up to him with her SAFE !

I agree! If he was going to kill her, I don't think he would buy her a pink blanket and a pillow?? This gives me hope :)

best case scenario here.... maybe mom and or dad are not very responsible and this guy really feels fatherly toward them and feels as if being w parents is a very bad situation. its a shame he didn't make another choice though.

Very possible. The fact that custody was legally switched back and forth makes me believe that there was a drug or alcohol problem with the parents. Maybe now the parents are getting high on legal "prescriptions" instead of street drugs (which I have known people to do), so it's technically all legal (they don't test positive for drugs) and they get to keep custody? So he decides to take the law into his own hands, thinking he's doing what's best for her? I sure hope that's what happened and she is found safe and unharmed.

The most puzzling thing here, it seems to me, is there is NO WAY he could have gotten away with this, and he knows it. He knew it before he left with her that they knew for sure who came and got her from school. There was no attempt made - at all - to do this secretly, which it seems he could have very easily tried with all the access he has to her.

Yes, but even if he did do it secretly, it would still be pretty suspicious of him to go missing the same time she goes missing.

I can't believe they haven't been found.
I bet they are hidden in plain sight. I do wonder if he somehow changed the van.

i wonder if he has someone(s) helping or helped him? :thinking:

I would feel better if he'd bought 2 pillows instead of 1.

Yeah, and why did he buy a throw pillow instead of a comfy standard bedroom pillow? Throw pillows are more expensive I thought? I see bed pillows for $3-4 all the time at Walmart/Target.

Mentally ill people know the difference between right and wrong. I've said it several times here: if I committed a crime and tried to blame my BPD, my therapist would be the first one on the stand to testify against me.

i absolutely agree! i have bi-polar / add and i know darn well whats right from wrong.

My guess would be that him finding a good hiding spot is what triggered this entire episode. We don't know how long this was in the planning, but I'd guess it started somewhere around the time he lost custody of her. We also don't know how well that van was stocked up for a long term camping trip. What little he bought at Walmart isn't going to be adequate for any kind of a camping trip, that looked more like picking up a few final odds and ends to me. It wasn't even a full cart, and there weren't any groceries included. He may have bought many other supplies elsewhere at businesses that didn't have video cameras.

They can't be too too far into the wilderness... I don't see C. (or any other little kid) being able to hike for very long in difficult terrain off a path/hike trail.

I hope the little pillow means she has her own little space to sleep . I may be grasping at straws, but I would rather think he is in his own mind protecting her. This helps me to think he does not mean to hurt her. That doesn't excuse his actions but let's me think there is hope

I wonder what she means when she says, ". . .for attention." It also makes me wonder if he didn't get the reaction he wanted when he would do things "for attention" and decided that he needed to up his game - for attention.

I swear, I am watching a Criminal Minds episode play out here. (Not to make light of the situation. Anything but that).

I wonder that also. How would going somewhere and lying about where you went be interpreted as doing it "for attention" - doesn't make sense to me.

i would like to know if he had permission to take her out? i know when my son was in school, i had to put people on a list where they can pick him up and take him home or to the dr's and why didnt the school check the police to see if there was an accident or even call the mother? :maddening:

ok, i seen where he was on the list but apparently, school records werent updated like they should have been

Yeah, and why did he buy a throw pillow instead of a comfy standard bedroom pillow? Throw pillows are more expensive I thought? I see bed pillows for $3-4 all the time at Walmart/Target.

Now that you mention it, that IS strange!

Does anyone know how recently custody was given back to the father?

The mountains are really good places to hide. I am sure he has scoped his place out. Unfortunately, C. is not a police killer or wanted person that would have a slew of officers out searching for her.

At this moment, we have no idea where to begin searching as there are no clues as to her whereabouts. Therefore, no one is actively looking either. The last I heard, two states had been notified, however, NC was not one of those states. Hope that has changed by now.

In a few weeks, the visitors to the mountains will start picking up as Memorial Day will be here, schools will be out for summer, and vacations will be starting. People will be returning to their mountain homes, cabins, and camping will be in full gear. Wonder if he has planned that far out?

Honestly, this is a good time of the year, as far as weather is concerned, as there may be three more weeks of cold nights. Who knows what his plans are? Perhaps he was fearful of her being out of school all summer, home with her father? Speculation only!

The sooner she is found the better! Her pediatrician is one special human being to reach our as he has done! IMO, it is time CPS takes a real serious interest into this case as to what the actual facts are! Little dear C., I pray your uncle is being nice to you and not hurting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy