GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like it's really lip GLOSS. The colors of the nail polish and the bright lip gloss colors leads me to believe that she probably saw it and begged for it, like someone else mentioned in this thread. If he was buying her clothes, she probably asked him for the makeup, too, I bet.

She wasn't yet with him when he bought it.

WHY did he buy her (age appropriate) clothes? The nightgown and bathing suit sound ominous, but there's nothing sexual about them. Same with the makeup, totally the colors little girls are in to rather than more mature colors. Why did he care the she has a nightgown to sleep in? Why does he care if she has clean clothes? Does he really plan to take her swimming somewhere? I don't know anything about pedophiles, do they usually want their victims to appear older or keep them childlike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really starting to think they have more than one video of him at Walmart. Where are the pictures of camping gear and batteries they talked about in the beginning?

WHY did he buy her (age appropriate) clothes? The nightgown and bathing suit sound ominous, but there's nothing sexual about them. Same with the makeup, totally the colors little girls are in to rather than more mature colors. Why did he care the she has a nightgown to sleep in? Why does he care if she has clean clothes? Does he really plan to take her swimming somewhere? I don't know anything about pedophiles, do they usually want their victims to appear older or keep them childlike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just wonder if there had been ongoing abuse going on when he had custody and C. had been groomed over the years to accept it as normal. Or maybe nothing has happened as if yet and he is trying to win her utmost trust.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ugh, maybe he's expecting her underwear and pants to get soiled? It hurts to even type that.

I thought along those lines too. I also thought maybe he only bought 1 set of clothes because he doesn't expect her to live long enough to need more :( however, he might have only found multi-packs of underwear. I'm not sure I've seen them available as just one (not at Walmart anyway). But my daughter is 16 so maybe things have changed.

I keep hoping Simpson's misguided notion is that he is protecting her from some nefarious recent family dynamic. I've read in news reports that at some point C.'s parents separated, James Trent the bio dad was given custody, and subsequently (if he was arrested) custody of C. and her younger sister was given to uncle Gary Simpson and wife http://www.people.com/article/missing-tennessee-girl-uncle-allgedly-amber-alert and &#8220;documentation on file at the school listed Mr. Simpson as a legal guardian&#8221; http://wjhl.com/2016/05/04/amber-alert-issued-for-kidnapped-rogersville-girl-mother-pleas-for-uncle-to-bring-her-home/ He had custody for a period of time, but custody of the bio dad was restored. <modsnip>"Simpson and Trent live beside each other on Pine Mountain Road in a rural area of Hawkins County far north of Rogersville called Pressmen&#8217;s Home.
Simpson has been married to Trent&#8217;s sister for more than 30 years, and he is unemployed and cares for their disabled adult son. Trent, C. and another daughter age 7 live next door. Trent said Simpson has always been good to his children, and there was no hint that he is capable of hurting them. 'He&#8217;s just as caring to those girls as you could ask anybody in the world to be,'Trent said." http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...ing-9-year-old-Hawkins-girl-taken-from-school. "TBI investigating family dynamics in Amber Alert to understand motive...The girls&#8217; father says he regained custody a little over a year ago...according to Linda Simpson, Gary Simpson&#8217;s wife, Linda Simpson, who is C. T.&#8217;s aunt, they used to have custody of C. and her sister because their father was in jail. The girls&#8217; father says he regained custody a little over a year ago, but according to Linda Simpson, the girls still primarily live with them. (see third video) http://wate.com/2016/05/06/mother-o...l-in-amber-alert-pleads-for-daughters-return/

I'm sorry, I thought she was with him at Wal-Mart, my mistake. So the lip gloss and nail polish is very odd to me.

Pretty crazy if they are in Idaho- it's snowing in many parts out there, Montana too...a few light blankets and a pair of pants won't cut it sleeping in that van. Speaking from experience.

Thank you, I've been lurking for a few days, pray this girl is found! You guys are awesome!

Maybe he knew she would be wearing shorts, but knew they would be going somewhere she would need pants (would need her legs protected - woods, areas with tall grass, etc).

I keep hoping Simpson's misguided notion is that he is protecting her from some nefarious recent family dynamic. I've read in news reports that at some point C.'s parents separated, James Trent the bio dad was given custody, and subsequently (if he was arrested) custody of C. and her younger sister was given to uncle Gary Simpson and wife http://www.people.com/article/missing-tennessee-girl-uncle-allgedly-amber-alert and &#8220;documentation on file at the school listed Mr. Simpson as a legal guardian&#8221; http://wjhl.com/2016/05/04/amber-alert-issued-for-kidnapped-rogersville-girl-mother-pleas-for-uncle-to-bring-her-home/. He had custody for a period of time, but custody of the bio dad was restored.<modsnip>"Simpson and Trent live beside each other on Pine Mountain Road in a rural area of Hawkins County far north of Rogersville called Pressmen&#8217;s Home.
Simpson has been married to Trent&#8217;s sister for more than 30 years, and he is unemployed and cares for their disabled adult son. Trent, C. and another daughter age 7 live next door. Trent said Simpson has always been good to his children, and there was no hint that he is capable of hurting them. 'He&#8217;s just as caring to those girls as you could ask anybody in the world to be,'Trent said." http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...ing-9-year-old-Hawkins-girl-taken-from-school. "TBI investigating family dynamics in Amber Alert to understand motive...The girls&#8217; father says he regained custody a little over a year ago...according to Linda Simpson, Gary Simpson&#8217;s wife, Linda Simpson, who is C. T.&#8217;s aunt, they used to have custody of C. and her sister because their father was in jail. The girls&#8217; father says he regained custody a little over a year ago, but according to Linda Simpson, the girls still primarily live with them. (see third video) http://wate.com/2016/05/06/mother-o...l-in-amber-alert-pleads-for-daughters-return/
Very informative post! Thank you :)

So he abandons his disabled adult son he cares for to take off with his niece..? This man has gone froot loops.

Would like to know if Simpson has a history of mental illness issues

Ok - it is possible that the lipstick and nail polish was because he's seen her play with those things in the past. Girls that age do that. I am encouraged by one thing. The colors of both lip stick and nail polish are things a young girl wears. Often when a sicko makes up a little girl for sexual reasons he puts on deep red or other "sexy" type colors. So far things like the blanket, clothes, sodas, kid-type foods etc. makes me think he is getting things for her. I still think she's in tremendous danger but there is still enough for me to hold out a little hope that this is some odd version of him wanting to be her dad rather than an end game to ongoing sex abuse.

In the videos she doesn't look scared and he doesn't seem at all concerned that she might try to get away. I'm wondering if she just thinks she's supposed to be with him for a little while right now. She's had multiple custodial parents so it might not seem that strange to her.

I was struck as well by his willingness to turn his back to her, how unhurried he was even when he couldn't see her, and that he didn't touch her at all. Not sure how much that means, though, since he's had custody of her, and likely feels confident about her trusting him.

About what his wife said. There isn't anything other than a "bad" reason to kidnap a child who is not your own, but that doesn't mean he has bad intentions, at least in his own mind.

IMO, what he bought- -fingernail polish and blanket on through a bikini- can be seen as "innocuous" rather than an indication of dark intentions. His thinking seems obviously disordered. May that thinking not result in any more harm, whatever his intentions.

Okay fellow sleuths we're always being reminded not to sleuth the victims but Uncle is not a victim here! Has anyone done any digging around? Did he drop out or graduate from high school? Did he attend any vocational or technical school? Did he go to college?

I can see a girl asking for them, also but she was not with him when he was a Wal-mart. He bought all of those things because he wanted them for her for whatever reason. Also, why just buy her panties and shorts? Why no shirt?????

:maddening:

Okay fellow sleuths we're always being reminded not to sleuth the victims but Uncle is not a victim here! Has anyone done any digging around? Did he drop out or graduate from high school? Did he attend any vocational or technical school? Did he go to college?

I have found zero, zilch and nothing on him.

I am curious and sure the police have interviewed the sister to see if C. confided anything to her sister regarding the nature of the relationships between C. and her Uncle? Or if their was anything that raised red flags? I am sure these types of things aren't going to be open for the public to hear about but maybe that is why they feel she is in some sort of danger as well? Being two years apart it would seem that the sisters would confide in each other perhaps? Also, if the van was on the move it would seem that some camera or people would spot them at this point? I keep thinking about that creepy movie where the predator was obsessed with the young girl next door and spent months creating a hideaway underground for her and him (somebody will have to remind me the title.) It would seem that might be a likely scenario since his wife claimed he disappeared for hours at a time and his van hasn't been spotted.

Mod Note: The only suspect here is Gary Simpson. Please do not link to criminal records or sleuth other family members. Unless Law Enforcement gives us some reason to believe they are considering any other person a suspect in this crime (Abduction) everyone else is off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95