GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh DeVine ‏@TBIJoshDeVine 12m12 minutes ago
MEDIA: I will offer a briefing on the C. T. search at 3:15 EST this afternoon at the same corner as this morning.

Just to provide a different perspective on this....my father in law took my husband, his sister and his brother out of school and took them to Canada....a fourth child was left behind because he couldn't get access to that child so just because one is left behind doesn't mean he didn't attempt to get him. And yes this situation was planned out as well. They told them that their mother and baby brother had died in a car accident. The kids located their mother purely by accident 14 years later. The father in law had good reason to take the kids even though it took us many years to understand it...

I'm sorry for what your husband had to suffer. Being told his mother and baby brother were dead must have been a horrible experience. My father died when I was 7 so I've experienced the pain of the loss.

BREAKING NEWS: Here now is the latest out of Idaho. The TBI maintains there is still no confirmed sighting of C. T. or her uncle or the van at this time. But there certainly are some promising details here -- if the source is credible. I've just obtained a copy of the official statement from the police in Mountain Home, Idaho. Read it here first:
Mountain Home Police received a call from a Special Agent from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation around 1:30 this morning of a possible sighting from the Amber Alert that was placed on 9-year-old C. T. Officers made contact with an employee at the Jade Palace Restaurant. She observed a white van with Tennessee plates come through the drive-through window at 9:30 last night. The witness stated that she believes that the physical description of the van, suspect, and missing child matched what was provided by this Amber Alert.
Our investigators are continuing their efforts to obtain confirmation that this sighting is accurate by interviewing witnesses and reviewing surveillance video by local businesses around the city during this time frame. As of this moment, our department cannot confirm the sighting in our city other than what our witness has stated. We understand that time is of the essence to locate this missing child and we will continue to exhaust all resources to assist in doing so. In the meantime, we are urging the public to remain vigilant, and alert law enforcement immediately if they see or have seen the child, the suspect, or the van involved in this incident.

Reporters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres/?fref=nf

The comments from Gs's wife are what make me fearful. I could believe this is just a guy trying to save his favorite neice from a bad situation, but if that were the case the wife would NOT have said she is scared. She would have said "he's always protected her" or "he was worried about her parents". Since that hasn't happened, this is absolutely a sicko...I have no doubt about that. We aren't hearing anything about his mental state either, which lessens the chance of this being a confused guy trying to do the right thing.

If they are in Idaho, I wonder what the final plan is here. He's running out of states.
i don't know what to think- the wife's comments really do make it seem like Gary is out To harm C. in some way.

However, I was thinking, & we know that Gary is related to C. by marriage.
Considering it is his wife who is relayed to C.'s dad, could that mean anything? What if something (in Gary's perception, whether that's correct or not) is not good for C. at home? (It would have to be that it was only an issue got C., not her little sister, too, to make this theory plausible). Maybe he felt someone needed to step in, but his wife did not want her brother (C.'s dad) exposed for whatever Gary might think is going on. Families seem to stick up for families, as sad as it is sometime adults will even stick up for/protect their own adult family members over children (sometimes under the circumstances that the children may not be being truthful/they don't believe their brother/sister/etc., to be capable of something bad). Maybe the wife isn't speaking out as far as where she thinks Gary may be/is saying he's up to no good without even trying to defend her husband again in an attempt to not expose/protect her brother; drawing attention toward Gary being up to something bad would take speculation away from anyone else. Maybe she knows deep down that Gary could be right about whatever he suspects is going on with C., and that's why she may be 'playing dumb' as far as where the could be?
Or maybe she really has no idea?
Maybe Gary is a sicko?
Also, it's been pointed out how odd it is for her to not stick up for her husband or express shock/disbelief, but do we have any idea how their marriage is? They have a disabled son, which could add stress to their marriage depending on the extent of his disability (the extent of care needed, a possibly rigorous therapy schedule, limited finances, huge medical bills, etc.).

eta: all just my scattered thoughts/opinions.

Why didn't the restaraunt stall him and call LE?!

I'm having a hard time believing this story or that it was in fact them. Why would he risk going through a drive-thru where he would be sitting and waiting on food? People would be more inclined to also see him and get a good view of him and the van? He seems to have stocked up on some food. If he was going to get food then it would make more sense to park out of view and go inside and alter your appearance. Again, it seems crazy that he would be traveling and nobody has actually caught his van on camera because surely he would need to get gas? But I truly hope I am wrong and this was his van because at least now they have a better idea of where he may be headed.

http://kboi2.com/news/local/amber-alert-9-year-old-missing-girl-spotted-in-mountain-home

On Tuesday, Mountain Home Police says an employee at the Jade Palace restaurant in Mountain Home spotted what she believes was Simpson and the 9-year-old girl stopping for food.
"I saw the van and it sticks out like a sore thumb," the employee told KBOI 2News. "I thought it was odd that an older man and little girl were out so late in the first place."

The worker said she recognized the man's accent because it matches her husband, who's from Tennessee. At the time of the encounter, the worker said they were unaware of an Amber Alert.

I am pretty sure HA was not sexually assaulted. I found that whole situation very strange.

HA was a minor and so is not legally able to consent. So if there was sex, then she was assaulted, by legal definition.

This fella' must have one of those law enforcement stealth vans..............the van is visible to everyone, except for the guys chasing him .

https://www.facebook.com/kboi2/posts/1187796927898678

The person who claims to have spotted her discusses it in the comments section of this local news story!

I feel terrible for this woman. She didn't know about the Amber Alert until she got home from work and reported immediately.(paraphrasing her comments on the facebook page) Her comments about the little girls face make me sad.

Ok. Idaho. And the ID was based on a similar looking van, and a man with a Tennessee accent and a similar looking blond girl.

Seems like a long shot, but who knows.

I'm not certain he's been spotted anywhere. That old van is going to need a lot of gas to get all the way across the country. He is paying with cash (presumably), so he would need to go into the gas stations to pay. I think it's far more likely he is camped out somewhere. The sightings reminded me of the Hannah Garner case. People all across the country were just certain they'd seen her (her dad even went to check some of them out), and it turned out she never left the west coast.

There are rarely stories of parents/people taking kids for noble reasons. It happens, I'm sure, but we don't hear about it here very often. I can hope he is doing the best he can and we will get contact soon.

I know people would like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and I think that's very kind, but the big picture is that he left his home, his wife and disabled son (whom he was the caregiver of per MSM. When someone is defined as a caregiver, there may or may not be compensation). He took a large amount (undefined) of money from his bank account, stocked up on supplies and took a child that he was not the custodial parent of from school under false pretenses. He didn't feel the need to take her sister which leads me to believe he wasn't trying to "save" her from a dangerous situation (because he left the other girl there) Will he say that's what he was doing? Probably. Predator's say all kinds of things when they are caught. JMO

That scenario isn't about being kind or giving him any benefit of the doubt. I just don't see evidence that he took his niece to deliberately cause her harm. From HIS perspective, which IMO is obviously disordered.

What I imagine LE is most afraid of is actually the scenario I'm referring to. That he may have taken her in order to "protect" her, and given the planning he did and the way he took her, that he may go to extremes to to keep her out of the hands of those who are searching.

As to why he didn't take both sisters-- there isn't enough info to do more than speculate, but perhaps he didn't see her sister as equally vulnerable or at risk, or whatever terms he'd use if he is doing this to "protect" C.

This is exactly the scenario that I am leaning towards .....
That scenario isn't about being kind or giving him any benefit of the doubt. I just don't see evidence that he took his niece to deliberately cause her harm. From HIS perspective, which is IMO is obviously disordered.

What I imagine LE is most afraid of is actually the scenario I'm referring to. That he may have taken her in order to "protect" her, and given the planning he did and the way he took her, that he may go to extremes to to keep her out of the hands of those who are searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95