GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this isn't a spur of the moment thing - if he's prepared for this for quite awhile and so will be successful in keeping her concealed for a much longer time than at first thought.

Could he have a credit card no one knows about, been stashing money and nonperishables away, to the point he's able to sustain them for weeks undetected? So, I'm thinking, he never intended for this to be a quick trip. The fact that he so brazenly ID'd himself before taking her makes more sense - he'd planned to be gone for a long time, so even if he did it really sneakily, it wouldn't matter, they'd KNOW he was with her because he disappeared also for a very long time.

While searching #AmberAlert on Twitter, I found these on a reporter's Twitter account. This may not be a new thing, but I had never seen or heard of this before and couldn't believe what an amazing resource this is. Wondering what it would take for all states to implement something like this.

OMG!! I'm so excited to see that!! Long story short..... Several years ago we had a case on here. Dad murdered mom and took off with daughter. The murder happened right after a " going away to prison" dinner that the dads family had. A member here was one of the Canine SAR searchers.. I remember the members dog got injured. I cannot remember the poor child's name!
Anyway, at the time I was convinced gas stations were the best place to spread the missing poster. At the time we owned an auto repair business that we operated at a gas station we rented. I contacted every auto repair association, every major fuel supplier, corporate offices, everyone I or our fuel company contact could come up with!! I spent months and months contacting people and getting little if any interest. It was horribly frustrating!! I kept at our fuel company executives to help me. I KNEW there had to be a way to do it!!! I am so grateful someone found it!! ( sorry for the long winded post. This just brought tears to my eyes and made my night.

ETA.... I just remembered the little girls name was Aja Johnson.

I'm going to lay this out from the negative side, because it's the only side I see. If any of this was done in a "loving" way to somehow protect C., it was done in the most twisted, horrific way possible. If C. is found alive, I think she will be scarred for life as a result.

Here's the thing. Gary went to the school. The story is C.'s dad is in a car accident. Gary informs the school that C. likely won't be back the next day. This implies severity even if not explicitly stated. If C. heard or was told any of that, my guess is she would be upset, maybe crying. A crying, upset nine year old worried about their daddy is not thinking clearly, even if s/he is normally very sharp and perceptive. It would be easy for Gary to say "We're going to see Daddy," and maybe he needed to go to a hospital in a bigger, more distant city. Now they're on the road and in an hour or so, they're outside of the terrain C. could easily recognize or navigate.

The statement by Gary's wife was the very first thing I read about this case. To me, her "why would you kidnap someone if you weren't up to any good" (paraphrased) statement tells it all. Why wouldn't she say "Why would Gary take C.?" That her apparent first choice of word is "kidnap" rather than "take" when speaking about a man who regularly looked after and indeed "took" C. lots of places is terrifying. I think she knows something, suspects something, or is afraid of revealing too much because more harm will come to others in her proximity. She may not be complicit but I don't think she's innocent in the purest sense of the word.

This might not have been fully planned out, but there is no good in it. The fact that the wife's statement defaults to the worst case scenario speaks volumes. I don't think we are going to find her or her uncle alive. If he'd just wanted to get her out of school, there are plenty of other, more plausible, far less dramatic ways to do it. This is not going to end well. I hope I am quickly proven wrong.

I wish we would hear SOMETHING (somthing good)! I can't get little C. out of my mind.

Bumping you back to the first page little one!

Community holds prayer vigil for missing Rogersville 9-year-old girl

Residents of a small Hawkins County town gathered Friday night at East Rogersville Baptist Church to pray for one of their youngest town members, C. T.

“It's confusing for all of us because we don't understand why he would do something like this or what is the reasoning behind it,” said her mother, Shannon Trent, at the ceremony. “He was a good uncle, so we thought.”

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/comm...missing-rogersville-9-year-old-girl/178557782

Outside Sylva, North Carolina, about 7:30pm EST, while travelling the backroad to Atlanta, we saw a white conversion van pulled over on an access road by 3 LE vehicles. I see there is nothing about it now, but I was hoping though. At least the various police departments are on it.

I keep coming back and hoping C. has been found. I haven't posted in her thread yet (working), but I am thinking about you and praying.

I really thought they would be found before now. I hate to think of C. spending another night with this creep.

When you think of this perp and his ill thought out plans, it would seem he would caught really quickly. I wonder how he's keeping them hidden so well.

On Friday, the TBI released surveillance footage showing Simpson shopping at an East Tennessee Walmart before he picked up C. at school.

“This gentleman went to a Walmart store in Rogersville shortly before he went to the school and took C. out of the school, and then they essentially disappeared,” said Josh Devine with the TBI.

Devine said Simpson appeared to be buying items for camping.

“So the information that we’ve been able to develop has us thinking that perhaps they might be hiding out in a campground or someplace very isolated,” he said.

TBI officials said they have called campgrounds in Tennessee and nearby states and told them to be on the lookout for the two.

“We’re absolutely looking, exploring any and every possible avenue to get these pictures, get these names, get this story out there in front of as many eyes and ears as possible,” Devine said.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...-continues-for-9-year-old-from-east-tennessee

I'd say the TBI is exactly right.

When you think of this perp and his ill thought out plans, it would seem he would caught really quickly. I wonder how he's keeping them hidden so well.

My guess would be that him finding a good hiding spot is what triggered this entire episode. We don't know how long this was in the planning, but I'd guess it started somewhere around the time he lost custody of her. We also don't know how well that van was stocked up for a long term camping trip. What little he bought at Walmart isn't going to be adequate for any kind of a camping trip, that looked more like picking up a few final odds and ends to me. It wasn't even a full cart, and there weren't any groceries included. He may have bought many other supplies elsewhere at businesses that didn't have video cameras.

I was really hoping beyond hope to see some good news about C. this morning. :(

How in the world were they able to determine he had been at Walmart? It appeared, when I watched the video, that he paid for his purchase in cash.

Is it a super small Walmart where the cashier may have just remembered that he had been shopping? If the cashier didn't remember him being there, how would they determine that they needed to view the tapes?

I know, small in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the world were they able to determine he had been at Walmart? It appeared, when I watched the video, that he paid for his purchase in cash.

Is it a super small Walmart where the cashier may have just remembered that he had been shopping? If the cashier didn't remember him being there, how would they determine that they needed to view the tapes?

I know, small in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the very same thing! That was pretty fast to find that video imo.

I keep checking in hoping she's been found. I'm holding on to that 1% that he's not hurting her.

I thought the very same thing! That was pretty fast to find that video imo.

I keep checking in hoping she's been found. I'm holding on to that 1% that he's not hurting her.

They found it super speedy.

I'm sure they have more info than they have released. This whole thing is just nuts to me.

I'm thinking when he would "disappear for a few hours" he was gathering items and setting up camp. I hope the wife was able to give a good account of what his story was. There made be tidbits of truth, or a direction of travel in there.

"She gave examples of Gary Simpson disappearing for a few hours and making up a story for attention. She said he has daily rituals that her hardly breaks, so this kidnapping had to be planned."

http://www.local8now.com/content/new...378203981.html

C.'s mom makes statements at the above link as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member