GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the made up accident story, he obviously got her to go willingly initially. However, she isn't a toddler, so at some point he would probably have to restrain or harm her when she became suspicious. Unless perhaps she felt like she was better off in his custody rather than her own parents.

I'm planning a mostly hiking trip to Colorado. I have learned that there is "dispersed" camping throughout the National Forests. Basically on certain dirt roads, you can pull in and setup camp for free. It's much more prevalent and widely used out west. That could maybe keep him hidden for awhile or so could backcountry camping (which I'd be surprised if he's ready for at all), but I'd think that rangers patrol those areas and would eventually find his vehicle if nothing else. Of course he could be doing so illegally too or on private land.

I believe he's been planning this. The things he didn't buy at Walmart indicate he may have been setting up a camp for a while. He wouldn't be able to keep food and supplies in his van safely. I think when he disappears he's going to the spot. I suspect his spot is within a 2 hour drive, possibly far less. i think it's close enough that he can go there fairly easily to set everything up. I have the creepy feeling he likes visiting/ setting up his lair.

Re: how did they find Gary so quickly on surveillance if he paid with cash? I think the answer is simple. Rogersville is a small town. About 5,000 people. Gary shopped in the Rogersville Walmart. Even if his purchases, demeanor or actions didn't seem strange, I wouldn't be surprised if someone said "Hey, that guy came through my line yesterday." Tennesseans are warm, friendly and inquisitive. They want to talk to you. Someone nervous or reluctant to talk would make an impression, and not a good one.

I do wonder, though, if the lack of a full camping kit suggests it already exists elsewhere - like some kind of bunker or isolated cabin.

Re: rewards - my understanding is that when rewards are offered, there is often a desire to keep it "low" in order to avoid attracting kooks, bad tips or deliberate misinformation.

This next part is my opinion only and is not based on any news, evidence or verified information. I'm speculating on a motive.

I am a mental health patient and have a condition that, in its more severe manifestations, can cause people to willfully, maliciously or deceitfully act out in order to gain attention. To me, these "disappearances" and subsequent lack of attention focused on Gary is a clear sign of mental illness to me.

Some people have theorized this may have stemmed from Gary losing custody. My condition, called Borderline Personality Disorder, is chiefly characterized by an inability to control one's emotions and their intensity. But another major facet of the condition is abandonment. People with BPD have been abandoned by parents or caregivers, or perceive they have been neglected/abandoned/are unloved/are worthless, etc. You've all heard of women who threaten their partners with suicide - "If you leave, I'll kill myself." The borderline thinks everyone they love leaves them, and will go to great lengths to avoid this. Well, this time, the borderline is going to leave first. Mainly women are diagnosed with BPD, but men can and do develop it. The problem is that in men, it's more commonly diagnosed as narcissism or narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Let's assume that Gary loves this child. But in a mental illness like BPD, you can't let go of things. You constantly feel slighted, and become petty, jealous and vindictive. Maybe Gary believes that the safest, most stable place for C. is at his house and under his care, but now she's in a situation Gary doesn't like or thinks is harmful to her. (In essence, C. "abandoned" him even though we understand, rationally, she had no control over her situation.) He can't do anything about it legally, so he comes to the conclusion that he only has one option left. If he can't have her, nobody else will.

Again, let me STRONGLY state that this is me explaining a mental illness and speculating how such a mental illness might affect someone's thoughts and actions. I have only brought this up because of certain things that have been mentioned here and stated by C.'s family about Gary and his personality.

This is also where I say that if anyone is suffering from BPD, or has a loved one with the condition and would like to talk or ask questions, please feel free to contact me. I am only a patient, not a professional, but I've been in focused therapy for 8 years, including group DBT and addiction therapy. I'm happy to steer you toward some excellent resources.

Nervous habit? There is a name for that . It's associated with anxiety and obsessive disorders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania

Yes, but usually that habit leaves people without eyebrow hairs at all, or weird, picked at eyebrows that are patchy. This looks like cross dresser eyebrows. Not that it means anything at all, just an impression I got looking at him.

They just posted on that Facebook page that there may have been another sighting in Mountain City, N.C--------posted by admin.

posted 20 min. ago.

I think Mountain City is actually in Tennessee. If you google map it, it's completely in the boonies and must have hundreds of little hunting/vacation cabins.

View attachment 93913

View attachment 93914
Police in Boone said there has been a possible sighting of the vehicle being driven by a Amber Alert suspect from Tennessee.
Police said the sighting happened in Mountain City Thursday night, and the vehicle was headed towards Boone.
9-year-old C. T. was allegedly abducted on Wednesday from the Rogersville, Tennessee area.

The route shown in blue is the quickest shortest route. The routes shown in grey are alternate routes.

Mountain City is a few miles to the north of Boone, N.C., maybe it is on the State line, dunno.

I posted maps yesterday. Click on attachments above or see post #110

Mountain City is about 20 miles north of Boone, N.C.

I wonder what she means when she says, ". . .for attention." It also makes me wonder if he didn't get the reaction he wanted when he would do things "for attention" and decided that he needed to up his game - for attention.

I swear, I am watching a Criminal Minds episode play out here. (Not to make light of the situation. Anything but that).

I'm hoping she doesn't mean that he has left after threatening suicide, then returns and she thinks it's for attention. I've heard people in the past say that suicide attempts are "for attention". Little do they know that is not the case.

That's what I was wondering. I worked retail before and I saw so many people a day that I'd never be able to remember who I cashed out. I'd only remember if they were a regular, or if they did something out of the ordinary that made them stick out in my mind. Perhaps he saw someone at the store that knew him, or the cashier remembered him for one reason or another.

I wonder if he told he wife he was "going to Walmart" before he left.

No luck pinging his phone, but when did he last have it on? Maybe they found the Walmart trip because he still had it on until he picked her up? Any word from the school on why he didn't pick up the sister? My kids school is large but the secretaries know how many kids are in my family. If I pick up one for an appointment they always ask if I want the others. And I know for a fact they are all listed on the emergency cards that are checked if someone else picks them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted maps yesterday. Click on attachments above or see post #110

Mountain City is about 20 miles north of Boone, N.C.

Yes, right. I just didn't want to be looking at the wrong "mountain city". So Mountain City Tennessee is pretty close to the North Carolina border. So the sightings (sounds like they may be false at this point) were in Tennessee headed toward Boone NC. It just looks like that area would be LOADED with forgotten old shacks.

Re: how did they find Gary so quickly on surveillance if he paid with cash? I think the answer is simple. Rogersville is a small town. About 5,000 people. Gary shopped in the Rogersville Walmart. Even if his purchases, demeanor or actions didn't seem strange, I wouldn't be surprised if someone said "Hey, that guy came through my line yesterday." Tennesseans are warm, friendly and inquisitive. They want to talk to you. Someone nervous or reluctant to talk would make an impression, and not a good one.

I do wonder, though, if the lack of a full camping kit suggests it already exists elsewhere - like some kind of bunker or isolated cabin.

Re: rewards - my understanding is that when rewards are offered, there is often a desire to keep it "low" in order to avoid attracting kooks, bad tips or deliberate misinformation.

This next part is my opinion only and is not based on any news, evidence or verified information. I'm speculating on a motive.

I am a mental health patient and have a condition that, in its more severe manifestations, can cause people to willfully, maliciously or deceitfully act out in order to gain attention. To me, these "disappearances" and subsequent lack of attention focused on Gary is a clear sign of mental illness to me.

Some people have theorized this may have stemmed from Gary losing custody. My condition, called Borderline Personality Disorder, is chiefly characterized by an inability to control one's emotions and their intensity. But another major facet of the condition is abandonment. People with BPD have been abandoned by parents or caregivers, or perceive they have been neglected/abandoned/are unloved/are worthless, etc. You've all heard of women who threaten their partners with suicide - "If you leave, I'll kill myself." The borderline thinks everyone they love leaves them, and will go to great lengths to avoid this. Well, this time, the borderline is going to leave first. Mainly women are diagnosed with BPD, but men can and do develop it. The problem is that in men, it's more commonly diagnosed as narcissism or narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Let's assume that Gary loves this child. But in a mental illness like BPD, you can't let go of things. You constantly feel slighted, and become petty, jealous and vindictive. Maybe Gary believes that the safest, most stable place for C. is at his house and under his care, but now she's in a situation Gary doesn't like or thinks is harmful to her. (In essence, C. "abandoned" him even though we understand, rationally, she had no control over her situation.) He can't do anything about it legally, so he comes to the conclusion that he only has one option left. If he can't have her, nobody else will.

Again, let me STRONGLY state that this is me explaining a mental illness and speculating how such a mental illness might affect someone's thoughts and actions. I have only brought this up because of certain things that have been mentioned here and stated by C.'s family about Gary and his personality.

This is also where I say that if anyone is suffering from BPD, or has a loved one with the condition and would like to talk or ask questions, please feel free to contact me. I am only a patient, not a professional, but I've been in focused therapy for 8 years, including group DBT and addiction therapy. I'm happy to steer you toward some excellent resources.

samara.matisse, Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge of BPD. I so appreciate that time you took to explain the condition and it's effects. IMO it's quite possible it could play a role here. Unfortunately, I think that there may be other, equally dangerous issues at play here. :(

How in the world were they able to determine he had been at Walmart? It appeared, when I watched the video, that he paid for his purchase in cash.

Is it a super small Walmart where the cashier may have just remembered that he had been shopping? If the cashier didn't remember him being there, how would they determine that they needed to view the tapes?

I know, small in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone remembered seeing the van in the parking lot and reported it.
LE probably looked at the security camera outside and knowing the time, it was easy to pull the video inside to track his movements in Walmart.

Yes, but usually that habit (trichotillomania) leaves people without eyebrow hairs at all, or weird, picked at eyebrows that are patchy. This looks like cross dresser eyebrows. Not that it means anything at all, just an impression I got looking at him.

The discussion of Gary's eyebrows made me think that perhaps he is vain, or had a vanity he struggled to hide, or could have trichotillomania. Trichotillomania, dermatotillomania (skin picking/pulling) or other manifestations of OCD are common co-disorders with mental illness. ("Gary has habits he doesn't like disrupted."~paraphrased statement, and to me, indicative of OCD.) These OCD behaviors are considered self-harm or self-mutilation, but when it is performed, it is soothing to the person who does it. I am diagnosed with both, and they are controlled, but not without massive amounts (150 mg) of naltrexone. Most people know this as Narcan or naloxone, the drug that reverses the effects of intoxication or opioid overdose.

samara.matisse, Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge of BPD. I so appreciate that time you took to explain the condition and it's effects. IMO it's quite possible it could play a role here. Unfortunately, I think that there may be other, equally dangerous issues at play here. :(

Thank you. BPD is poorly understood and carries a heavy stigma even within the mental health community. It's a complex condition. Surprisingly, Wikipedia has a pretty comprehensive write-up about it that is easy to understand.

I believe it is much more likely that Gary is a sociopath or psychopath and he's done all of these things willfully, without compunction. I'd like to believe something less sinister or purposeful is going on, but I don't. Mentally ill people know the difference between right and wrong. I've said it several times here: if I committed a crime and tried to blame my BPD, my therapist would be the first one on the stand to testify against me.

I'm so worried. I don't see enough about C. out there. I'm on twitter and there aren't many retweets at all.

C.'s pediatrician puts up $10,000 reward for her safe return

Calendine told the Times-News Saturday he’d been in touch with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and he was struck by how little information was streaming in to investigators from tipsters.

He noted that although he’s never had much interaction with Simpson, he did recall that it was always Simspon who brought C. for her doctor’s appointments.

Calendine said the main reason he’s putting up the $10,000 is in hopes that it will help spread the news about C. to areas where cell phones, TVs and Internet aren’t available.

“The TBI told me they hadn’t had a lot of information coming in, and they felt like (the reward) might open up some of the information,” Calendine said. “I’ve been impressed with the word getting out about her, but it’s frustrating there’s not more information coming back.”

Calendine added, “To be honest, Mr. Simpson didn’t seem like the kind of person who had the means to go very far. In my heart I hope he just headed across the (Clinch) Mountain. You think to yourself, how could anybody not know about this, but you go across the knob into Clinch and cell phones don’t work, there’s no cable or Internet, and people aren’t using Facebook as much.”

http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...-for-her-safe-return.html?ci=featured&lp=1&ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member