GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devine needs to update and let us know if these are confirmed sightings in Idaho and Missouri IMO.

There isn't any verifiable proof that this girl has ever been molested or mistreated by her uncle in any way, up until 6 days ago when he removed her from school for unknown reasons. There have been a whole lot of kids that have been abducted by a guardian or a relative that had no sexual motive what-so-ever. What people choose to see in the purchases he made is all up to them. I don't think that list of stuff is very conclusive one way or the other.
Usually those are parental custody disputes- multiple children are taken at once, and usually they purchase more clothing for them than just underwear, and dress up items that can be playing at sexy (lipgloss, nail polish), or camping necessities like tents. You have to look at the whole picture. And bikini underwear is very telling too- that's not the styles you buy most 9-year-olds. There are plenty of normal, non-bikini styles for little girls.

this is what I think is going on as well. At first I thought this was as 'kidnap, molest, kill' scenario. Now it looks like he intends to keep her at least for a while. He seems very disordered in his thinking. As time goes on he's going to start becoming frustrated and flustered as the situation deteriorates. C. is bound to become tired, irritable, bored, and home sick. Even if she's comfortable with him since she lived with him for a long time, she's bound to miss her family and friends. She's going to be crabby and upset. He's going to be confused as to why she isn't so happy to be with him and get more and more angry. If he had some vision of them living like a family he's not going to deal well with his vision not meshing with reality. At that point even if this was never about hurting her (either sexually or killing her) then it's going to deteriorate and he could easily become a molester or a killer.

For him to leave his fairly rigid routine, leave his son and wife, and do this makes me think his obsessive thoughts of her became so overwhelming, that he could no longer stop himself from taking her. He knows that his old life is gone. His is literally losing, or has lost, his mind. Unfortunately a child's life depends on him.

I work in the freight industry and don't know why I didn't think of this before but I just emailed every contact I have to pass along CT and GS's photos along with the photos of the van to all their drivers on the road. I'm just so hopeful someone will spot them and be able to follow them until they are stopped.

The "Truckers Missing Child Project" has been all over this from the beginning too. Hope it's okay to post their page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheTruckersMissingChildProject/

Mountain Home, Tennessee. Home of an actually excellent VA Hospital and Medical Clinic System.

FYI, not that it's relevant- there is also is Mountain House in California.

There was no particular point. Just kind of agreeing with what others were saying. Sorry I offended you multiple times today.

Hmm from the previous things she has said I've not thought of Gary having taken C. for 'safety reasons' as a valid option. But with this quote, I don't know. Why would she say "we'll get HER help"?

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing I mean this is crazy."

Wish we knew a bit more about her sister's age etc. to see if somehow it makes 'sense' for Gary to only have taken C.

Hmm from the previous things she has said I've not thought of Gary having taken C. for 'safety reasons' as a valid option. But with this quote, I don't know. Why would she say "we'll get HER help"?

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing I mean this is crazy."

Wish we knew a bit more about her sister's age etc. to see if somehow it makes 'sense' for Gary to only have taken C.

I interpret this as medical help, therapy following what he's put her through.

I interpret this as medical help, therapy following what he's put her through.

Could be. It doesn't read that way to me entirely, especially followed by the "but you've got to bring her home".

Also, if he's hurting her, why would that matter to him? I'd think he'd be more interested in how he himself can get out of this the best way possible.

I hope LE has talked with her about what exactly her fears are (I'm sure they have).

That scenario isn't about being kind or giving him any benefit of the doubt. I just don't see evidence that he took his niece to deliberately cause her harm. From HIS perspective, which IMO is obviously disordered.

What I imagine LE is most afraid of is actually the scenario I'm referring to. That he may have taken her in order to "protect" her, and given the planning he did and the way he took her, that he may go to extremes to to keep her out of the hands of those who are searching.

As to why he didn't take both sisters-- there isn't enough info to do more than speculate, but perhaps he didn't see her sister as equally vulnerable or at risk, or whatever terms he'd use if he is doing this to "protect" C.

While I don't agree that this is the case, I hope with ALL MY HEART that you are right.

Could be. It doesn't read that way to me entirely, especially followed by the "but you've got to bring her home".

Also, if he's hurting her, why would that matter to him? I'd think he'd be more interested in how he himself can get out of this the best way possible.

I hope LE has talked with her about what exactly her fears are (I'm sure they have).

I'm glad his wife realizes something's not right here and is speaking out about it rather than blindly defending him as we sometimes see in other cases.

Thank you! Well now it's obvious the nail polish and lip gloss are in dark (adult) shades and he bought her not only packages of bikini style underwear, but also a bikini with very high-cut legs- none of this which I consider appropriate for a 9-year-old. If he'd bought her jeans, jackets,socks and tops to go along with it and other camping gear, might not be so abnormal. This does NOT look good!

Just jumping in to say that I don't think shades of nail polish, bikini underwear and lip gloss really mean anything. I have 9 daughters. From 6 to 22. Three of my girls are 6, 8 and 9. One prefers the bikini cut. All LOVE nail polish and lip gloss (worn in moderation!). It CAN, but in this case I don't think it does. C. could have very well chosen everything bought for her.

I get the vibe that he thinks he is saving C. from her home life, I can't explain why he didn't take the younger sister, but I hope hope hope I'm right.

Sooner or later LE is going to have to get lucky and get a video of these two so LE at least knows which direction they are heading. Of course, that only applies if the two of them are actually on the move. if they are holed up in the hills somewhere, then there won't be anything to catch on video, will there ?

I find it pretty hard to believe that this current sighting would be them simply due to logistics. This sighting means they would have traveled over 2100 miles without anyone calling it in and with no law enforcement interaction.

I can't drive more than 20 miles on the Interstate without seeing at least one LE vehicle parked in the median trying to snare speeders. I've traveled at 3 a.m. in the morning a lot, and I still see at least one LE vehicle every 50-60 miles, even at that hour of the morning.

But let's just say it was them. Look at the map below and tell me what comes to mind................ ??

View attachment 94224
Blue on map--shortest distance Grey----alternate routes

Traveling in a straight line--- to "somewhere".

He may have crossed state lines. Has anyone heard if the FBI is involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member