GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article about the van found in the forest states that it wasn't there so if they are processing a van must have been found elsewhere....IMO

Shelby County Sheriff’s deputies checked the park but found nothing, a sheriff's offfice spokesman said.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/la...ber-alert-sighting-in-shelby-forest/276555990

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm thinking "the article is not accurate" means just that "not accurate" - doesn't mean they haven't found the van. JMO

So the van was possibly found, without either of them? Not encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a report go so far astray from a van was reported, looked for and not found in the Shelby Forest TO a van was found, Shelby County and TBI processing it for clues?????

So frustrating. :burn:

Where is this child?!

Probably explains imminent danger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yes, LE statements on imminent danger or death make sense if this is the "specific -- credible" information they have (that he sexually abused/molested other children in the family)... but because they don't know if he's also abducted before and/or think he hasn't, this is really alarming to them and make them mention her death as a possibility. This is soooo horrible. It makes my skin crawl. To think he could have been stopped before getting to C if his previous crimes were reported, and that her parents didn't have a good feeling about him... Praying for you to be found soon, C.

So what the heck is the article about a van being processed??? This has from a different location. I hope so anyway!!!

I'm not sure what to make of the Shebly forest thing, if it is a thing or not...seen media state both...so confusing.

So what the heck is the article about a van being processed??? This has from a different location. I hope so anyway!!!

The articles I saw said that a van that "may" be linked to the AA case was being processed.

http://www.fox19.com/story/31948529...g-9-year-old-despite-1200-tips-from-19-states

"TBI said someone saw a white van without a license plate in Shelby Forest. TBI said it had no reason to believe the van was the one Simpson was last seen driving, but TBI asked Shelby County Sheriff's Office to check it out just in case.

SCSO went to Shelby Forest and found nothing.

We have NOT found the van or anything leading us to believe they are in Shelby County," an SCSO spokesman said in an email to Memphis media outlets."

I'm not sure what to make of the Shebly forest thing, if it is a thing or not...seen media state both...so confusing.

You may have seen this already but the Sheriff at Shelby TN has commented on its Facebook page that the Shelby Forest report did not turn up the correct van.

Can someone :please: explain to me why a multi-state, if not nationwide Amber Alert was not (or has not now been) activated?

I can't understand it?! Especially in light of these most disturbing turn of events?!

I've spent many hours since 4May "downstairs" faithfully transcribing - and the citizens have had their eyes peeled and called in tips in the area of the limited AA.

It just does NOT make sense to me!

Perhaps my emotions are getting the best of me, but dagnabbit, this has gone on far too long already!

#WHEREISCARLIE???

:praying:
:candle:

My opinion - he built a bunker somewhere close where he is keeping her. I don't think he is far, either. Ugh, I feel so sick to my stomach.

This is the worst of all news so far. The other victims were likely too scared to say one word. I know that in some families there is a code of silence.
Horrible but true. Gary, if you are reading this................................justice is coming for you. Leave that child alone. Drop her off somewhere safe.
Go hide you evil self under the bottom of a river or something.

It's not the worst news. I'm praying C is recovered alive and unharmed. I have little hope for the latter but she may still be alive.

Can someone :please: explain to me why a multi-state, if not nationwide Amber Alert was not (or has not now been) activated?

I can't understand it?! Especially in light of these most disturbing turn of events?!

I've spent many hours since 4May "downstairs" faithfully transcribing - and the citizens have had their eyes peeled and called in tips in the area of the limited AA.

It just does NOT make sense to me!

Perhaps my emotions are getting the best of me, but dagnabbit, this has gone on far too long already!

#WHEREISCARLIE???

:praying:
:candle:

I believe every state has their own Amber Alert criteria, rather than there being a nationwide system.

I too have wondered why it took so long. Perhaps police didn't initially believe it was a criminal case given the man was still listed as a person who had permission to pick her up (which may mean it wasn't technically a crime to pick her up, but clearly became one when it was clear he wasn't returning her). Just a thought/possibility.

Rsbm. I believe I'm correct in saying there is no such thing as a "nationwide" Amber Alert. There are multi-state Amber Alerts, however.

Can AMBER Alerts be issued across state and jurisdictional lines?

Absolutely. When an AMBER Alert is issued an abductor may take the child outside the jurisdiction of the issuing law enforcement agency, crossing state boundaries. When that occurs, the AMBER Coordinator contacts the State AMBER Coordinator where the abducted child is believed to be and requests the AMBER Alert be extended into their jurisdiction. This is referred to as a Multi-state AMBER Alert activation.
http://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm#faq8

ETA: An Amber Alert had been activated in Missouri for C but was subsequently cancelled.

Wait. I'm confused about something. Was GS not the primary caregiver of his adult disabled son? If so, how was he gone 10 hrs per day? I read that his wife said he was gone that length of time each day, but she didn't elaborate or know where he had been. Maybe I'm wrong about him being the primary caretaker, but how could he possibly be gone so long, if he had those daily duties? How on earth could the wife not question him of his whereabouts, esp. if he was to be taking care of their son? If my husband didn't work, but left home each day for 10 hours, I'd be asking some questions. I think this points to her being afraid of him too. Sounds like no one wanted to question or rock his boat.

"Tennessee and the contiguous states share a baseline philosophy that they will not issue an AMBER Alert, unless there's credible information that the child's in that state, which is why we've not seen an AMBER Alert in North Carolina or Virginia. At this point, we just don't have the information that they're there. We honestly don't know where this girl is," said DeVine.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...MBER-Alert-subject-and-suspect-378655711.html

I wonder if the relatives' abuse was not reported to authorities until maybe the past day or two. Today's news posts seemed much more urgent regarding C being in danger. Now that the cats out of the bag this guy may never come back...So sick

"Tennessee and the contiguous states share a baseline philosophy that they will not issue an AMBER Alert, unless there's credible information that the child's in that state, which is why we've not seen an AMBER Alert in North Carolina or Virginia. At this point, we just don't have the information that they're there. We honestly don't know where this girl is," said DeVine.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...MBER-Alert-subject-and-suspect-378655711.html

BBM:
:scared:

:tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics