GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are most likely close to home as well, maybe within a 50-60 mile radius. This guy Simpson was a serious homebody from everything I've read. He hasn't really been anywhere or gone many places in the 30 years he's been married, according to sources close to him. It only makes sense that he would go to some secluded place that possibly only he knows about. Getting out and driving up and down the road for any distance at all is likely to wind up in a police chase, and he's bound to know that. This has been broadcast all over the radio in that general area, of which he would have also heard by now. I don't see anyway that Simpson wouldn't know he is being hunted, unless he is either dumber than a box of rocks or dead.

It's been a week now since the two of them disappeared. Carli is probably getting tired and wants to go home by now, but he knows that would be disastrous for him. With the motive behind this being completely unclear to just about everyone, it's hard to say what his decision will be whenever the food begins to run out or if they are spotted and recognized by a passerby. Hopefully the two of them will just show back up and proclaim they went on an impromptu camping trip.

I have my doubts that he ever intended on returning back home however.

What he could so, that never really occurred to me until now, is drop her off somewhere alive and physically healthy, and disappear himself. The public pressure to find him would be gone, and he could travel light alone.

What he could so, that never really occurred to me until now, is drop her off somewhere alive and physically healthy, and disappear himself. The public pressure to find him would be gone, and he could travel light alone.
Ive been thinking this too. Would rather he's caught but at least Carlie would be home...:/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Really hope they are found soon. Hoping that Gary has good intentions despite what Carlie's dad is saying.

This explanation makes more sense to me. When I first saw that her father said Gary was obsessed with Carlie, I initially thought, well then why didn't he say that to begin with vs saying he was shocked & never saw something like this coming. I can totally understand dad initially being shocked, but then with his daughter missing just thinking about every little detail he could all week, some things that seemed normal, now being questionable, leading him to wonder if maybe Gary was obsessed with Carlie. In hindsight. That poor family (& Carlie). I wonder if others are now realizing things Gary has done/said that seemed totally harmless that now have them wondering if there was more to it. I hope they do not blame themselves for not noticing before; Gary is the one at fault. As fas as what we know now, he's the only one. (Although I do think the school should have been updated on custody as soon as a new order was signed, but again--hindsight--and even if it was, Gary would still have been on the pick up list I'm sure. It is no ones fault but Gary's that he took advantage of trust put in him).

I think this could be spot-on.

Either way, I wanted to thank you for this post. I've been in the position where something hit me out of left field with no warning, and your post strangely brought some comfort to me personally.

Would have to go back and find it but read that Gary's wife said the girls still basically lived with them (or stayed at their house a lot). So what, if anything, changed recently is what I am trying to figure out.

I have read that the girls got off the bus at the Simpson's every afternoon. I have a similar situation. My kids ride the bus to my in-laws every afternoon and they live walking distance (not right next door), so we all spend a lot of time there - weekends, etc. However, they don't stay the night there. Maybe in the beginning, to make the transition smoother, the girls spent a few nights with the Simpsons and a few nights with dad. Now that a little time has passed, maybe those over night visits are becoming few and far between....maybe that is what triggered all of this. Who knows...just speculating....I'm with you...why now?

I hope the TBI checks with Simpsons physician to see if there have been any kind of tests run lately that came back with a negative diagnosis, such as an inoperable tumor or pancreatic cancer. It almost seems like he decided to run off with on kind of a bizarre bucket list.

I don't know if personal medical information is available to law enforcement during the investigation of a crime or not. I would assume that it is, but I really don't know.

This explanation makes more sense to me. When I first saw that her father said Gary was obsessed with Carlie, I initially thought, well then why didn't he say that to begin with vs saying he was shocked & never saw something like this coming. I can totally understand dad initially being shocked, but then with his daughter missing just thinking about every little detail he could all week, some things that seemed normal, now being questionable, leading him to wonder if maybe Gary was obsessed with Carlie. In hindsight. That poor family (& Carlie). I wonder if others are now realizing things Gary has done/said that seemed totally harmless that now have them wondering if there was more to it. I hope they do not blame themselves for not noticing before; Gary is the one at fault. As fas as what we know now, he's the only one. (Although I do think the school should have been updated on custody as soon as a new order was signed, but again--hindsight--and even if it was, Gary would still have been on the pick up list I'm sure. It is no ones fault but Gary's that he took advantage of trust put in him).

:yeahthat:

Great post!

NEW DETAILS ON THE CARLIE TRENT CASE: Sadly a day of false alarms. I've just confirmed with authorities in Idaho that the van reported seen outside Boise was NOT Gary Simpson's van. While the tip initially was promising enough for the TBI to request they look into it, there was not a match. Police pulled surveillance video and were able to determine it was not Simpson's Dodge van. At the same time, we've also learned an Amber Alert activated in Missouri after a reported sighting turned up nothing. Of course, this is disappointing, but it shows authorities are leaving no stone unturned. The TBI has received well over 500 tips -- many in the past 24 hours. But so far, NO confirmed sightings. So were does the search stand? Square one. It seems Simpson remains off the beaten path ... He and Carlie are likely camping at a remote location possibly somewhere in east Tennessee or the North Carolina mountains. I feel confident if Simpson was out and about someone would have spotted him by now. But that time WILL come. Supplies will begin running low.

Reporters Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres/?fref=nf

I'm sure this information was probably posted last evening, but here are the details for anybody running 1/2 a day behind like me. This is in response to all of the Amber Alert sightings going on yesterday.

I think they are most likely close to home as well, maybe within a 50-60 mile radius. This guy Simpson was a serious homebody from everything I've read. He hasn't really been anywhere or gone many places in the 30 years he's been married, according to sources close to him. It only makes sense that he would go to some secluded place that possibly only he knows about. Getting out and driving up and down the road for any distance at all is likely to wind up in a police chase, and he's bound to know that. This has been broadcast all over the radio in that general area, of which he would have also heard by now. I don't see anyway that Simpson wouldn't know he is being hunted, unless he is either dumber than a box of rocks or dead.

It's been a week now since the two of them disappeared. Carli is probably getting tired and wants to go home by now, but he knows that would be disastrous for him. With the motive behind this being completely unclear to just about everyone, it's hard to say what his decision will be whenever the food begins to run out or if they are spotted and recognized by a passerby. Hopefully the two of them will just show back up and proclaim they went on an impromptu camping trip.

I have my doubts that he ever intended on returning back home however.

I completely agree. I do not think they are far. After a week, if they had been driving very far, they would have been spotted and seen, for real. Unless he is completely batty, he is not going to take that chance. If he still had access to her even after her dad was given custody, and he STILL took her...that is the most alarming thing. That means he wanted not only to see her and maintain a relationship, but wanted something more...unlimited access, access in privacy, and uninterrupted for as long as he wished. And wanted her away from anyone she could tell or anyone who might discover what is going on. In my opinion, that is the ONLY reason he has taken her, after hearing the latest statement from the father. I am terrified for this little girl. I think his motive is along the lines of what happened with JC Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, and the three girls (whose names escape me) who escaped from the attic of the man who had been holding them for years (10?)....The thing that GS has against him right off the bat is that everyone knows he has her. He can hide her forever, but he cant hide forever. He will have to come out for supplies at some point and he WILL be found. IF his intention is long term. If it isn't long term because he KNOWS he will be seen because he HAS to come out, I am afraid this will end very badly for Carlie.....it looked like he had enough supplies for two weeks or a month....and not beyond that. That is terrifying.

I hope somehow, someway, someone stumbles upon something in the Smokey Mountains that looks suspicious....like something is in the ground....or a van parked barely visible in the brush...and that this happens SOON. I think that is the only way this thing is going to be ok.

Would have to go back and find it but read that Gary's wife said the girls still basically lived with them (or stayed at their house a lot). So what, if anything, changed recently is what I am trying to figure out.

What has changed, IMO, is his urges became uncontrollable and now he has to act on them.

With cash and craigslist he could be driving a different vehicle (and depending on TN license plate rules different plates or the vans) that he could travel alone in. Here is hoping he does care more about Carlie than his need to be with her.

I have been wondering the same thing! I wonder if maybe Carlie had said anything about wanting to run away (as many kids do in moments of anger or disagreement with their parents) and GS took it literally and went crazy with it? Maybe he had this obsession and she said something that justified or reinforced something he already was thinking, like the final straw? Something had to have caused him to snap. Or perhaps he has been planning for a very very long time and just finally had everything ready... Although that doesn't explain the last-minute trip to sav-a-lot after taking her...
Ugh I just hope she is found safe, and soon!!

Was it mentioned how much in cash he had and if he had any credit cards?

@TBIJoshDeVine
MEDIA: I will offer an 11:30 EST briefing in Rogersville on the ongoing work to #BringCarlieHome. Corner of Kyle & Church.

We know he set this up in advance. I really hope that he leaked some info to someone. Maybe when he secured the location or ordered some supplies, someone is now looking back and realizing he is the missing kidnapper?

I think they are staying in the van rather than having a hide out already set up before he took off. Reason being that he waited until the last minute to stock up on things he could've bought and stashed at a hide out earlier. I don't think he had a place to hide it or he would've and he couldn't just leave it in the van or someone would've noticed it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6