GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He appears to have bought quite a bit of food along with the clothing. I don't think he means to kill her, however, he's under a tremendous amount of pressure due to the publicity. The Elizabeth Smart story gives me hope though.

He seemed very frustrated that there are still those on social media who do not feel this child is in danger, that the kindly old uncle is saving her from something.

shudder.

It frustrates me too. TBI can not be any clearer without saying point blank "We believe this man is a perv, a sexual abuser who has abducted this child and its been 9 days now. 9. this child is in serious danger! This is NOT A GOOD GUY"

I came in towards the end of the PC, but felt badly for the TBI guy. He seemed very frustrated at people on social media claiming the girl was safe and that TBI was "lying". Why would people do that on SM? What if someone saw them and didn't report it, thinking it was no big deal? Do these people really think LE has to give them every little detail about an investigation? I get more disgusted with SM every time there's a high profile crime.
SMH.

** Seemingly descriptive sighting reported downstairs. **

I'm not pointing fingers at his wife, by any means; I'm just trying to understand something. Is it common for a man to do these types of things, without a wife of 30+ years ever having a clue? There appear to be multiple reports of his sexual abuse. How does something like that go on in a home, without a wife having no idea at all? I've read that the perp threatens to kill, etc. if the victims ever report it (and I understand that past victims didn't report b/c they feared him). However, with multiple occurrences, woudn't there be some sort of red flag?.....a child with multiple UTIs, a child's tears, stained sheets, children acting sheepish around their uncle? I don't know the signs, but I'd think something would seem "off", and noted?????

Every time I check this thread, it feels like there's a good lead and there'll be a breakthrough, but then next time it hasn't panned out. Surely there'll be a real development soon?

It's curious in the presser about anyone helping him will be prosecuted. I wonder if they have reason to believe someone is helping/ looking out for .

It's curious in the presser about anyone helping him will be prosecuted. I wonder if they have reason to believe someone is helping/ looking out for .

VERY good question, SCMAE!

and I wonder if so... If TBI has an idea who this person(s) might be?

:dunno:

Given the perception by some on SM that Gary is not dangerous, I imagine LE may be doing due diligence to warn anyone who might be tempted to assist him should the opportunity arise, rather than calling 911.

I can only speak for myself as a childhood abuse survivor because every victim of childhood sexual abuse has their own pain and suffering they endured.
<snip>

Over the abusive years, I had become very good at protecting his dirty little secret. I always appeared to be like a child who loved my abusive parent, because I had learned what he expected me to do in order to keep his secret. No one ever knew the house of horrors I had lived in for over 10 years. In fact no one ever knew about all of the sadistic horrible things I endured at the hands of my brutal abuser until I was 38 years old. Only then was I released from the emotional chains he had placed on me for years. With that release came power and strength for me. I no longer protected his secret, and finally he was exposed for who he really was, and not what everyone thought he was.
+++++
So even though CT seemed comfortable around this creep it never means she hasn't already been molested by him even before he kidnapped her.:(

IMO

What a powerful testament to how abused children learn survival strategies. I cannot add one thing to your narrative.It conveys both the horror and the incredible coping you were able to develop. You were emotionally able to detach;indeed you choose not to allow the abuser to break your spirit.

My mom was an enabler. My dad was both mentally and physically abusive to us. He sometimes woke us up out of a sound sleep and wipped the tar out of us. I can tell you right now he was Peter Pan & my mom was his protective Windy. It also started with me around 5 but I am a survivor and NO Peter Pans for me;I am totally a Tinker Bell or put another way I kick :butthead:.
:loveyou: to oceanblueyes

I'm not pointing fingers at his wife, by any means; I'm just trying to understand something. Is it common for a man to do these types of things, without a wife of 30+ years ever having a clue? There appear to be multiple reports of his sexual abuse. How does something like that go on in a home, without a wife having no idea at all? I've read that the perp threatens to kill, etc. if the victims ever report it (and I understand that past victims didn't report b/c they feared him). However, with multiple occurrences, woudn't there be some sort of red flag?.....a child with multiple UTIs, a child's tears, stained sheets, children acting sheepish around their uncle? I don't know the signs, but I'd think something would seem "off", and noted?????

I had an uncle, also by marriage, that would fondle me every chance he got (lucky for me we lived far apart and rarely saw each other). It was one of those put me on his lap, oops my hand went up your shirt, kind of things. I don't want to be graphic so I'll leave out all the details, but there was no actual "assault" - just very inappropriate touching. I did eventually tell my mom and it's like the family knew (acknowledged) he was a pervert, but felt it was "innocent". It wasn't. My point is, maybe she/they realized he wasn't quite right but never imagined it would escalate into something even more inappropriate.

Side note - my youngest child is 4.....3 boys and 1 girl. I have educated them for as long as I can remember about appropriate and inappropriate touching. I've tried to explain to them it might not seem wrong.....I watched an Oprah episode and she made an excellent point....sometimes kids don't know its wrong because it feels good. That sickens me as I type it, but I feel that is very true.

I've wondered if perhaps he has a friend who is letting them stay at his house or maybe a cabin/vacation home. Did they ever say if Gary owned a computer and used the internet at all?

It's horrible to think about, and he may only be interested in little girls, but I know some pedos like Jared Fogle have no real preference and I shudder to think if he ever could have abused his son, given how vulnerable he is.

Another type of kidnapping is Especially aggravated kidnapping. It is also false imprisonment, as defined in § 39-13-302 b:

Accomplished with a deadly weapon or by display of any article used or fashioned to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a deadly weapon;
Where the victim was under the age of thirteen at the time of the removal or confinement;
Committed to hold the victim for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage; or
Where the victim suffers serious bodily injury.
Especially aggravated kidnapping is a Class A felony. If the offender voluntarily releases the victim alive or voluntarily provides information leading to the victim&#8217;s safe release, such actions shall also be considered by the court as a mitigating factor at the time of sentencing[iv].

- See more at: http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state...idnappingabduction-laws/#sthash.NiUlnYsE.dpuf

The presser this morning did seem to warn people who might be housing them, so maybe they're considering the possibility.

two more active amber alerts for other children :( when will it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV