Match! TN - Campbell Co, HispFem 2097DFSC, 35-45, Jan'97 *Ada Torres Smith*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=43710

The above is a quote from the comments on WBIR. I'm not sure but my impression is that it is written by someone from the police department. Somehow, I feel that this is not correct but am not certain of it. I will be speaking with Blanca and will have her see it so we can talk about it. I do recall having conversations with her about her attempts to report Ada from a long time ago. I don't think that she only called three times as the item above states. Will be posting again later after I talk with her and will attempt to have her register here and possibly post her answers to this comment.

Lenore
Auntie, I have the same feeling. It doesn't make sense to add Ada's tattoo information in 2007. :waitasec: Why wasn't it on her original Doe profile? I know your family knew what her tattoos looked like, and El Paso LE had the tattoo information on Ada's original missing persons report. I mean, that's one of the questions asked when you fill out a report...any scars, tattoos, birthmarks or other identifiers. Another thing I don't understand, why would it take 2 months to verify her identity with the tattoo info, and then request fingerprints? Todd calls Det. Farmer to request prints for El Paso LE? Why wasn't El Paso Detectives talking DIRECTLY to TN Detectives in the beginning, Jan. to exchange information? Somethings not right here.

A good way to bring the truth out about the sheriff is to find out if he was elected as a Democrat or a Repubican, then get word to the opposition. They would probably love to have this information and the link to this site. They would help get the word out about the actual facts of who solved this case.

I researched a little and found that Sheriff Dunn is a Democrat and ran against Republican Mike Klein. Dunn has been sheriff for 17 years. Here is a link to the Republicans of Campbell County website and an address to email them (which I did).

http://www.campbellgop.org/frames.asp

ccrp@campbellgop.org

This is what I wrote: "I would like to bring to your attention that your Sheriffs office probably was not the one thatl brought closure to the case of Ada Elena Torres Smith. Some one should check out the message board thread at: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47516 and read the true story. Please read it all to see how it really unfolded. It is disgraceful that someone would take credit for this just to be bragging about what a good sheriff he is!"

Auntie, I have the same feeling. It doesn't make sense to add Ada's tattoo information in 2007. :waitasec: Why wasn't it on her original Doe profile? I know your family knew what her tattoos looked like, and El Paso LE had the tattoo information on Ada's original missing persons report. I mean, that's one of the questions asked when you fill out a report...any scars, tattoos, birthmarks or other identifiers. Another thing I don't understand, why would it take 2 months to verify her identity with the tattoo info, and then request fingerprints? Todd calls Det. Farmer to request prints for El Paso LE? Why wasn't El Paso Detectives talking DIRECTLY to TN Detectives in the beginning, Jan. to exchange information? Somethings not right here.

I think you are onto something here. Something clicked when you said that it took 2 months to verify the info with the tattoos.... I really believe that one of these agencies (Tx.) didn't have the tattoo info at all. Somewhere along the line, someone passed on this piece of evidence, and when TPP contacted them, the texans had egg on their face for not catching it sooner. I really believe that their pride is in the way here, and that the amazing skill of sleuths like you guys caught the minute details.

It worries me that many cases will end up this way- a communication breakdown somewhere or a "gap" in the bridge.

The Vanessa Lynn Schultz description talks about a pink sweatshirt/tee shirt, but there are 2 descriptions of 'remains' that we could possibly see as a match- only one talks about clothing. Like, did the evidence just disappear into thin air?

MG

I was unable to return to post anymore last night but spent the time late into the night with Blanca. We discussed our plans as how to bring Ada home for proper burial. I did show her the beginning thread here where Princess made the connection about Ada. She told me she wanted me to tell you that she wanted to thank you very much for your help. I told her to register on my computer so she could do it herself personally but we ran into some problems into her being able to post here. We are hoping that she will be able to do so today or the next day. But she still asked me to thank you all for your great work in finding Ada. Now we can go on and deal with the rest.

One thing that I am concerned about is Ada's daughters. I asked Blanca if she had any idea or had heard anything from or about them and she said "no". I am wondering where they may be and if they may be in danger or what. Since the last time that Ada came to dinner at my home on Thanksgiving around 95, I have not seen them nor heard from them. If I am not mistaken, the picture the news stations are showing of the family is from around that year. I believe that the girls are around their late teens at this time. As to Charles, Ada's stepson, he supposedly drowned sometime after Ada disappeared. That was the story apparently given to some of my relatives from his dad. I am honestly worried that the girls may be in need of some care and possibly protection by us. I don't know how we may need to proceed to look for them and would really appreciate it if anyone here might direct me in the right direction or help me with this.

Lenore

Lenore, can you give me some more info on Ada's girls, and on her ex husband? If they are teens now, its possible that they are members of groups like myspace. Would you recognize them from a picture? Is Charles' last name Bush also?

Auntie, rest assured these ppl here can find her daughters. We have many ppl with talents in the research dept.
I will have to read all the available info to do a search. If you don't want to post info about them on the boards, pick one of us and send a private message with more info.

**I'm so glad you are a member here! Most of us are survivors of crime and/or have LE backgrounds. Welcome!

ada2.jpg

Ada Elena Torres Smith
Rest in Peace.
You were a lovely young woman and your family
can now bring you home to rest.​

ada2.jpg

angel%20at%20dawn.jpeg

Rest in Peace Ada Elena Torres Smith.
You were a lovely young woman and your family
can now bring you home to rest.​

Hello everyone. Sorry that I have not been getting in touch with all here but there has been so much going on here at my home which has kept me from doing so.

To answer your question, rich (hope you don't mind if I call you that), the answer is no. Not yet. We are in the process of working out some of the details in bringing her home. Hopefully we will soon be able to have her here where she belongs. Blanca has also been trying to find out if we can lay her to rest with their mom. We haven't come to a decision as yet. We need to find out more information on it.

I know that it is taking long to do this and believe me, we are anxious to bring her home. This has been very hard for my brother, her dad, and all the rest of us. Sometimes, I personally feel like this is all a bad dream where I can't seem to wake up from. The only thing we do at this time is to hold on to each other for love, support and comfort. We also appreciate what we have left more than ever.

As soon as we have made the final arrangements, I will personally let you know all the details. It will be here in El Paso where she will be laid to rest. This is her home and all of her family lives here. She grew up here and she will be here forever.

I thank all of you for all your help from the day you found her to this day. I and the rest of our family will always be indebted to you and thankful too. May God always be with you all.

Thank you ..

Lenore

Hello everyone. Sorry that I have not been getting in touch with all here but there has been so much going on here at my home which has kept me from doing so.

To answer your question, rich (hope you don't mind if I call you that), the answer is no. Not yet. We are in the process of working out some of the details in bringing her home. Hopefully we will soon be able to have her here where she belongs. Blanca has also been trying to find out if we can lay her to rest with their mom. We haven't come to a decision as yet. We need to find out more information on it.

I know that it is taking long to do this and believe me, we are anxious to bring her home. This has been very hard for my brother, her dad, and all the rest of us. Sometimes, I personally feel like this is all a bad dream where I can't seem to wake up from. The only thing we do at this time is to hold on to each other for love, support and comfort. We also appreciate what we have left more than ever.

As soon as we have made the final arrangements, I will personally let you know all the details. It will be here in El Paso where she will be laid to rest. This is her home and all of her family lives here. She grew up here and she will be here forever.

I thank all of you for all your help from the day you found her to this day. I and the rest of our family will always be indebted to you and thankful too. May God always be with you all.

Thank you ..

Lenore

Lenore, just let us know if we can help.

Hello Lenore:blowkiss:. I am sorry that you have not yet been able to bring Ada home. Please let us know what we can do. I sent a couple of links through teons, and I hope they help. Please keep us posted. We are resourceful little buggers, and perhaps we can help you in some way.

Lion

Hello Auntie, and welcome to Websleuths. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

I know that Teons didn't do this for the glory of it, but it would be nice for her to get a little of the credit. Plus, it seems like that could really inspire other folks to do the same sort of thing in their spare time. I know that I wouldn't have thought about it without her example.

I'm sure that if a lot of people focused on checking and cross checking these sites, that it would be more work for LE fielding calls from people who think they may have matches. But it would also be like adding X number of people to their workforce for tracking things down. They don't have time to sift through the internet and do this.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

This thread alone has rec'd over 7,000 views...that's alotta people looking :) Everytime someone sees one of these cases the chances go up of a lead being found. This is now a homicide case correct?

One thing that I am concerned about is Ada's daughters. I asked Blanca if she had any idea or had heard anything from or about them and she said "no". I am wondering where they may be and if they may be in danger or what. Since the last time that Ada came to dinner at my home on Thanksgiving around 95, I have not seen them nor heard from them. If I am not mistaken, the picture the news stations are showing of the family is from around that year. I believe that the girls are around their late teens at this time. As to Charles, Ada's stepson, he supposedly drowned sometime after Ada disappeared. That was the story apparently given to some of my relatives from his dad. I am honestly worried that the girls may be in need of some care and possibly protection by us. I don't know how we may need to proceed to look for them and would really appreciate it if anyone here might direct me in the right direction or help me with this.

Lenore

We need some information to start looking into this, do you know, have any, or all of the following?

All childrens names, ages, birthdates, any pictures. Last known sighting (city/state), by whom and where/when...that would be a start.

Also, names, ages, bdays, addresses, any info, on anyone who may have had contact with them. It would help to have stats on the mom and any men who may have been involved.

If they are missing, we should figure out the steps that need to be taken to get them listed. I would think the first thing is to report them as missing.

There are many here who have much more experience in this than I.....help? ;)

We need some information to start looking into this, do you know, have any, or all of the following?

All childrens names, ages, birthdates, any pictures. Last known sighting (city/state), by whom and where/when...that would be a start.

Also, names, ages, bdays, addresses, any info, on anyone who may have had contact with them. It would help to have stats on the mom and any men who may have been involved.

If they are missing, we should figure out the steps that need to be taken to get them listed. I would think the first thing is to report them as missing.

There are many here who have much more experience in this than I.....help? ;)

Lenore is waiting for the go ahead from Blanca (Ada's sister) before they do any looking for now. They do not want to take a chance of him harming the daughters or disrupting their lives until the police have done some investigating of their own.

Lenore is waiting for the go ahead from Blanca (Ada's sister) before they do any looking for now. They do not want to take a chance of him harming the daughters or disrupting there lives until the police have done some investigating of their own.

Thanks Teons. We are all but a PM away if any help is needed.

I want to say I'm sorry for your loss and glad that you are able to know where your loved one is. Sorry for how it turned out and I hope that some day justice will be served.

I hope by now that you've been able to bring her home.

I was unable to return to post anymore last night but spent the time late into the night with Blanca. We discussed our plans as how to bring Ada home for proper burial. I did show her the beginning thread here where Princess made the connection about Ada. She told me she wanted me to tell you that she wanted to thank you very much for your help. I told her to register on my computer so she could do it herself personally but we ran into some problems into her being able to post here. We are hoping that she will be able to do so today or the next day. But she still asked me to thank you all for your great work in finding Ada. Now we can go on and deal with the rest.

Lenore

Hi Lenore, I was just googling something else and came upon the Topix post. It appears her daughter is looking for you guys

~~~SNIP~~~

Brittany Sweatman - December 16, 2008
Hello, my name is Brittany and I am the daughter of Ada. I am currently looking for any family members of her that I can get in contact with. If anyone can help please email me at godsmack_420_99@yahoo.com I just found out all of this information just 2 days ago and it's been a really big shock. I am trying to deal with all of this so any one that can help please so.

Thank you

Lenore, can you give me some more info on Ada's girls, and on her ex husband? If they are teens now, its possible that they are members of groups like myspace. Would you recognize them from a picture? Is Charles' last name Bush also?

Hey, great job on helping!
Even if your call was the one to put the fire under LE's behinds to follow up on someone else's lead, you should be very proud.

She is not listed on myspace under the email I posted above. I just checked.

Can someone get in touch with Auntie to pass on the info from Brittany? If she doesn't come here to read for several days/weeks/months she may miss the info and chance to reconnect with Ada's daughter.

I'm praying someone has contact info and will get in touch with her.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back