Match! TN - Campbell Co, HispFem 2097DFSC, 35-45, Jan'97 *Ada Torres Smith*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I commented as well. I think it's an important facet to the story. Not only should TPP get some of the credit, but it may also spark others to do the same and help clear some of this stuff up!

High fives, Teonspaleprincess, you've made a difference with your efforts!

Ditto.

And I agree our sleuthers ROCK!

Lion

Sadly, I don't think many of them do. I'm running into this when I contact county probation officers regarding myspace accounts. I've actually had to explain over the phone to a few how to do a search.

Again, great job teon. This is such a great board with GREAT minds!

Yes, and most of them seem to have the attitude that WE have no business investigating their cases. And to that I say,
poop on their old bald heads! If they won't listen to our valuable information, we should consider going to the media.

It really does. I am touched that you all stood up for me and posted those comments. It's enough for me to know that her family finally has answers.

I just posted a comment also...I know teons you have your reward knowing that her family has answers, it's just the principal of it! JMO FWIW.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You and all who have in someway contributed in our family finding our precious Ada Elena. Thank you so very much. She was very much loved by us. We had searched and reported her but had been unsuccessful in finding her. May you all be blessed for letting us have the closure we needed.

Lenore

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You and all who have in someway contributed in our family finding our precious Ada Elena. Thank you so very much. She was very much loved by us. We had searched and reported her but had been unsuccessful in finding her. May you all be blessed for letting us have the closure we needed.

Lenore

Dear Lenore. I am both sorry for the loss of your dearest, Ada, and I feel a sense of relief that she has been found. May our Lord bless you and your family each day in all that you do.

Lion

Lenore

Auntie,
Welcome and thank you so much for stopping by to thank us. It means so much to all of us. We are sorry for your loss. We are glad to be of help in finding Ada Elena. I hope you stay around and help us maybe with other cases. We are a great bunch around here.
Teonspaleprincess is our rock star.
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

tpp, I am so proud to know you. I check this thread every single day, and it is without a doubt 100% your skill, dedication, and selflessness that has solved this case. I am not worthy!!!!

To Auntie/Lenore,
My prayers to you and your family for finally having some closure. We hope that you can find comfort in humanity again after such a tragedy that came to a solution because of good people like the ones on WS.

MG

Lenore

Thank you Lenore. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish that this could have ended differently for your family, but I am happy to have helped bring Ada Elena home. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope that justice is served for Ada.

I commented as well. I think it's an important facet to the story. Not only should TPP get some of the credit, but it may also spark others to do the same and help clear some of this stuff up!

Exactly!

Lenore

Lenore, I'm sorry for your loss, and sorry you had to wait so long for Ada Elena to come home. My prayers are with all of her family.

Sincerely,
JanetElaine

I went and read some of the comments that you all posted and was awestruck. I see that someone was not happy about the posts, and says that this tip was actually sent in in February by someone else. I am in no way saying that isn't true, but when I spoke to the detective, he said that he had never heard of Ada, and I gave him the website info for Doe Network and told him that she was also listed at NCMA and gave him the contact info for the El Paso police. Whether it was my tips or someone elses, I am glad that there are more caring people out there that want to bring our mising home.

Here is another article posted about Ada, that has some info about when she went missing:

Sister of Woman Murdered 10 Years Ago Speaks Out
10:24 PM Mar 28, 2007
Campbell County (WVLT) - Monday night, we told you Campbell County Sheriff's Deputies identified the body of a woman found on the side of Interstate 75 ten years ago.
Authorities say the person is Ada Elena Torres Smith from El Paso, Texas. Now, Campbell County detectives are working to find Smith's killer.
Ada's sister, Blanca Solis, says Smith left her current husband to travel to South Carolina with her ex-husband, Brett Bush. Solis says when she called Smith in South Carolina, Bush told her Smith had left.
"I do believe that he had something to do with it, and one of the things is that you can be angry with your spouse, but one way or the other, you're going to end up talking to them. There's just no way I believe he didn't have any contact with her, being that he was the last person that saw her, he knows something," Solis said.
Campbell County Sheriff Gary Perkins says he assigned a detective to every Campbell County cold case when he took office. The identification of smith's body is a result of those efforts.
http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/6759642.html

You Rock - don't let anyone else steal your thunder. That happened to me too. I turned in a sex offender and when I called them back to see what happened, they said they already had him - THEY DIDN"T!

Lenore
My prayers and condolences to your family on the loss of your Ada Elena. I hope your family finds some peace knowing Ada was found. The searching is over, she is home and can now rest. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to visit us at WS. Blessing to you all.

I went and read some of the comments that you all posted and was awestruck. I see that someone was not happy about the posts, and says that this tip was actually sent in in February by someone else. I am in no way saying that isn't true, but when I spoke to the detective, he said that he had never heard of Ada, and I gave him the website info for Doe Network and told him that she was also listed at NCMA and gave him the contact info for the El Paso police. Whether it was my tips or someone elses, I am glad that there are more caring people out there that want to bring our mising home.

Well, I went there and left another comment, I'm irritated about the glory grubbing sheriff office. They have shown their colors.
Ok, I'm done ranting now.

gotta love the comments on that site.... just wish they'd edit the story and give credit where credit is due.

MG

Well, I went there and left another comment, I'm irritated about the glory grubbing sheriff office. They have shown their colors.
Ok, I'm done ranting now.

Me to on the second story link. The more I think about this the more peeved I get.

Sheriff Perkins knows where the information to solve Ada Elena's identity came from! That information was GIVEN to your dept. SHAME ON YOU! The TRUTH of how she was identified is a better story. Read all about it at the link below.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47516

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.dizzydolores