Match! TN - Campbell Co, HispFem 2097DFSC, 35-45, Jan'97 *Ada Torres Smith*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kudos Teonspaleprincess! I have been following this thread for some time wondering when LE would take it seriously. I took the liberty of posting this on the comments section of that news article.

Aww, thank you so much, that was so nice of you to do that. I am working on the other lady that was discovered a year later, but I have only seen one that was a possible match. It would be awesome to be able to help solve both cases.

I didn't leave my comments on the "comment" section---I didn't want someone to be able to edit them---I sent my e-mail straight to one of the evening anchors.

Just saw this on our local paper and came here to post. I sure was hoping they would credit websleuths and teonspaleprincess... :(

Knoxville News Sentinel Article

I am happy for the family, though!

Teons YOU deserve the credit for this. It was YOUR hard work who identified this woman. :clap:

Congrats again and GL on the woman you are working on now.

teonspaleprincess

Congratulations on a job well done!

My hat is off to you!

fran

Aww, thank you so much, that was so nice of you to do that. I am working on the other lady that was discovered a year later, but I have only seen one that was a possible match. It would be awesome to be able to help solve both cases.

OMG, I think you are on to something there! You go girl! I will be following this thread to see what happens.
BTW, any rewards from the families of the missing women? If there is, it should go to you! I know that's not why you do this but still...credit due!

I just read the knoxnews article and I thought it was rude of LE to not give you credit. The way the article is written makes it sound like they matched it all up themselves.

Oh well. We still love you!

I can't help but think of that family now that they at least know where there loved one is, even though it turned out sad. Teon, I'm so proud of you!

Hmmm they didn't post all comments submitted (mine from yesterday is MIA for example), but that's okay... y'all covered what I said, anyway! :D

Teons, congrats on this amazing find! What an inspiration you are!!

WOW!! :blowkiss:

JanetElaine, they may have thought to dismiss your comment until they saw the rest of us show up...power in numbers! Websleuths Rocks! That new sheriff is just playing politics. He wants the glory since he is elected. And I want to ask...do any of the detectives these days have any computer skills. Geesh, if I was a cold case det, that would be one of my most valuable tools.

Way cool! I think one of those newsblurp corrections are in order.

I agree Cubby. I hope they do the right thing and give credit where credit is due.

A heartfelt congratulations to you Teons!:clap: . Thank you for caring and taking the extra steps. You really make a difference:).

Lion

JanetElaine, they may have thought to dismiss your comment until they saw the rest of us show up...power in numbers! Websleuths Rocks! That new sheriff is just playing politics. He wants the glory since he is elected. And I want to ask...do any of the detectives these days have any computer skills. Geesh, if I was a cold case det, that would be one of my most valuable tools.

Sadly, I don't think many of them do. I'm running into this when I contact county probation officers regarding myspace accounts. I've actually had to explain over the phone to a few how to do a search.

Again, great job teon. This is such a great board with GREAT minds!

I commented as well. I think it's an important facet to the story. Not only should TPP get some of the credit, but it may also spark others to do the same and help clear some of this stuff up!

High fives, Teonspaleprincess, you've made a difference with your efforts!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back