GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people in the courtroom. I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

The live feed is up. Looks like Lavit is at the table.

*sitting on pins and needles*

This is going to be a long day. I can't imagine how the Newsom's and Christian's feel.

I'm sure at least one juror is the problem.

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

This is longest deliberation yet in these cases. The other three ranged from 6 to 8 hours in guilt phase.

I suspect any not guilty voters will be far more solid and unwilling to budge than the guilty voters. This is just a hunch and I could be wrong. I say this as someone who has seen the jury in person.

David From TN

From what you're saying, there is more than one that might feel VC is not guilty? It's hard to believe after listening to the testimonies that anyone could think that VC was not guilty. Unless, when you were selected you had already made up your mind or you can't get past the fact that Daphne wasn't charged.

I think Jamie would fit right in here at WS. lol. I wonder what case she is working on?

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

I'm spending my time in jury wait zone by preparing to write about another murder case in which I am required to read about maggots

From what you're saying, there is more than one that might feel VC is not guilty? It's hard to believe after listening to the testimonies that anyone could think that VC was not guilty. Unless, when you were selected you had already made up your mind or you can't get past the fact that Daphne wasn't charged.

A former prosecutor with 30 years experience told me that jurors sometimes "pardon" defendants. This means they know the defendant is guilty, but decide to let them go for various reasons. He told me that if a juror or jurors don't want to convict, they will not convict. The evidence will not matter in cases like this.

I hope this will not happen, but if Coleman is not convicted of either murder it will not be because of the lack of evidence. Daphne Sutton would be one excuse. Another would be, well, the other three are convicted. Some jurors may have come in sympathetic to Coleman, period.

Now, she may be found guilty of the main charges, but I am laying out the reasons why it may not happen.

David from TN

I believe will get G for Channon and NG for Chris... then LWOP :furious: .

Hopefully the jurors voting for guilt will stick to their guns and not compromise too much. At worse, just cause a hung jury and a retrial. Get a different jury then. No wonder Vanessa was so happy and smiling during the trial. She knew/suspected that juror was on her side.

Was anyone ever able to find a list of all the charges against Coleman? I did a brief search and couldnt find them.

A former prosecutor with 30 years experience told me that jurors sometimes "pardon" defendants. This means they know the defendant is guilty, but decide to let them go for various reasons. He told me that if a juror or jurors don't want to convict, they will not convict. The evidence will not matter in cases like this.

I hope this will not happen, but if Coleman is not convicted of either murder it will not be because of the lack of evidence. Daphne Sutton would be one excuse. Another would be, well, the other three are convicted. Some jurors may have come in sympathetic to Coleman, period.

Now, she may be found guilty of the main charges, but I am laying out the reasons why it may not happen.

David from TN
BBM

...and if that juror is obvious about it, it would explain the smiles and spring in VC's step. :furious:

I feel sick. I have to believe there are more people who will refuse to let such a monster get off lightly, for the sake of the victims' families.

It's awful that they might have to go through a repeat trial, but it would be better than seeing her get off lightly.

Something tells me this jury won't go away in silence like the others have. I hope they tell us everything that went on in there. heheh

I really think that they're gonna end up a hung jury. This is taking way too long. God I hope not for the families sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018