GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, another question.

Did somebody say this was an inquisitive jury? ;)

wooo hoo! it's raining, no baseball for me...the trial watch continues! Another question?? I'm really thinking that this jury is having a hard time coming together on a verdict.

ETA: Is Jamie not doing updates anymore? I just checked her twitter account and no updates since yesterday?

This should be interesting...

BTW Muffet I am glad you're here... you make following this case much easier so thank you :)

Thank you! I feel lost without suzi, but having all of us here together for backup and moral support helps so much.

wooo hoo! it's raining, no baseball for me...the trial watch continues! Another question?? I'm really thinking that this jury is having a hard time coming together on a verdict.

ETA: Is Jamie not doing updates anymore? I just checked her twitter account and no updates since yesterday?
So glad you got to stay! I was wondering about Jamie too. I hope she's just taking a well-deserved break. :eek:

Jury wants to know the definition of the word "perpetration". :waitasec:

Want to know what perpetration means (the jury).

Judge says he assumes they are referring to page 13... He's reading the page - I'll see if it's in the documents we have.

Answer, he says, is that the court can't provide any definition, other than to tell them to apply the common definition of the word.

I've got to leave for work now and I hope I come home to find a guilty verdict. I'll be thinking of Chris and Channon all day and trust they get some justice.

He says the court can't give a definition use it the way it is in everyday life. No special meaning in the law.

Well it doesn't look like we will have a verdict today. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a guilty verdict.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2009/10272009carjack_davidson_verdictform.pdf

You can see where the word comes in in the counts, e.g., starting on page 12

FIRST DEGREE FELONY MURDER OF CHANNON CHRISTAIN
DURING THE PERPETRATION OF RAPE BY ORAL PENETRATION OF CHANNON CHRISTIAN

and here, on page 13:
COUNT THIRTEEN:
FIRST DEGREE FELONY MURDER OF HUGH CHRISTOPHER NEWSOM DURING THE PERPETRATION OF THEFT OF HUGH CHRISTOPHER NEWSOM

Poor Judge...I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Well until tomorrow peeps. Hopefully we'll have Suzi back too so she won't miss the verdict. I think they're waiting for her to come back anyhow...didn't want her to miss it! :)

I hope it's just me, but I think that TK and Leland look a little deflated too. Maybe it's like the judge said, they're just all spent from the toll this has taken on them. On the flip side...Ms. Coleman couldn't be happier for some reason. Go figure.

Well it doesn't look like we will have a verdict today. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a guilty verdict.

Hopefully. :crossingfingers:

It's hard to tell where they are, going by what page they're on. This morning's question was about page 15, and this one was about page 13.

http://twitter.com/gpatterson12

# Jury being sent to hotel for the evening. They'll start again first thing in morning. They arrived today around 8:30 am

# We cannot provide you with answer. Jury must use normal and common usage "as you understand it" says Judge.

# Question: what is definition of perpretation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018