TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim probably wasn't too interested in the beautiful day, hahah.

Judge tells jury to relax today, and come back tomorrow. Judge looks relieved.

Keeping alternates separately, no interaction overnight. Will bring them back tomorrow. "Remind your families still can't discuss the case. A couple more days, you'll be back w your families. Until then, please refrain from watching on tv or getting on computer."

:parrot:

Releasing jury. "Relax the rest of the day, get a good night's rest. Come back in the am, alternates w you... we'll put on the add'l proof in the am. Not sure how long that will take but anticipate will conclude that tomorrow. Greatly appreciative of what you've done, have a little way to go. Come back refreshed and ready to face tomorrow. Don't read or talk about anything."

I'm sure jury's already made up their respective minds re sentence.

I agree. I think the jury is ready to give a death sentence right now

Thank you jurors! Hopefully this will give the families a bit of peace knowing this animal won't see the outside of a prison ever again. I feel so awful for them- having had to sit and listen to what their children endured. This has got to be one of worst cases I've ever followed. Hopefully the penalty phase will be brief and the families can then try and move forward.

Battle-worn Heroes
23885s.jpg

Judge tells jurrors not to talk to families about case yet. He says they'll be headed home in a couple of days. Mr Davidson won't. (He didn't say that, I did.)

Defense tells judge they will have 8 witnesses. Plan to give a "social history." Will take more than the am, but can probably complete tomorrow barring extensive cross.

Defense will call one expert and 7 witness.

Gee, will this be family members who flip flop?

Now they will be bringing in the whole parade of bull **** character witnesses in.
To no avail, IMO, sorry defense attorney.

I agree. I think the jury is ready to give a death sentence right now
The way some sounded when polled, they'd be glad to carry it out right now. :eek: lol

Good for them! :bow:

Defense attorney actually looks depressed. This isn't very Christian of me, but good!

This is absolutely the best news to come home to!!!! So happy both Chris and Channon got their justice today!!! Now if he gets the death penalty, there's an even bigger celebration!! I'll drink to that!!

Defense says will have list of mitigating factors by end of today.

Well the defense can kiss my lily white.....

Wonder how nervous the defense would be if they were on the wrong side of town in an expensive SUV with the beast and gang staring them down. Oh, I could just go on and on and on............Out of all the cases that I've followed and obsessed about, this one is so raw, hard, ugly, sad, evil, nasty, sickening, disgusting, gross, etc....

I pray for strength for all of us that has been touched by this case. AMEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member