GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did think of some other kidnapping motives - they still don't apply here: not being able to have a baby/ black market adoption/ child slavery ring/prostition.

I said nothing about the video of her.
I only quoted the DA. That is what I meant by not physically harmed. Those were HIS words.
We've seen abduction victims come back so injured they can't have children later.
I thought it was a great sign that the DA said she wasn't physically harmed.
Others disagree and feel she was still brutalized.
I'm choosing to have hope that it's not that bad. <modsnip>.

And I agree that it is a great relief she was not brutally raped and physically injured. It is a wonderful sight to see her happy and safe at home.

I am just wanting to remind people that these kinds of 'loving, caring' obsessive perps, sometimes leave no physical scars. But the emotional scars can run deep.

My 'loving' uncle never brutalized me, never left any marks or physical injuries. He always whispered into my ear how much 'he loved me.' He taught me to do various sexual acts with him that could not be traced in case I was examined. He mixed up 'love' and 'sex' and 'desire' in my little brain in such a way that it took decades to out grow my muddled confusion.

I just want people to remember that even if he acted like he was a loving nurturing 'uncle', he may have indeed been a true monster, physical scars or not. JMO :cow:

This thread will remain closed overnight.

We've got GREAT NEWS about a beautiful child who was located, rescued and is ALIVE.... And I'm reading all this bickering and fighting between posters. Unbelievable. How utterly disrespectful. Not just to C but to the members who wish to rejoice in her being found alive.

Giving us all a break for the night. Expect to see more time-outs to be issued.

ROGERSVILLE - CT was all smiles when she said hello and thanked the four men who helped rescue her at her homecoming party Saturday afternoon in Rogersville.

She, alongside her sister, father and a few other family members, shook the hands of Roger Carpenter, Stewart Franklin, Donnie Lawson and Larry Hamblin.

CT gave them hugs and even brought one of the men to tears.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/carlie-trent-thanks-the-men-who-rescued-her-with-warm-hugs/193171513

&#8220;Oh it&#8217;s great. They do quite a bit of arguing but that&#8217;s just the way they are,&#8221; Trent said. &#8220;I know K missed C so badly because she didn&#8217;t have anyone to argue with but it didn&#8217;t take long to get back to normal.&#8221;

http://wishtv.com/2016/05/15/celebration-held-for-carlie-trents-safe-return-in-tennessee/

Opinions vary on Gary Simpson's motivation for kidnapping his 9 year old niece. At this point, everyone has expressed their opinion on whether they believe sexual abuse is a factor. Bottom line, we will know soon enough. Mr. Simpson has court tomorrow. Additional charges will either be added or not.

Until then - agree to disagree - scroll and roll.

Tomorrow we will know more.

This was a wonderful result. A child missing for over a week was found - safe - alive - after being abducted. Celebrate this little girl is alive. If the bickering begins again the thread will be closed until after court tomorrow.

Opinions vary on Gary Simpson's motivation for kidnapping his 9 year old niece. At this point, everyone has expressed their opinion on whether they believe sexual abuse is a factor. Bottom line, we will know soon enough. Mr. Simpson has court tomorrow. Additional charges will either be added or not.

Until then - agree to disagree - scroll and roll.

Tomorrow we will know more.

This was a wonderful result. A child missing for over a week was found - safe - alive - after being abducted. Celebrate this little girl is alive. If the bickering begins again the thread will be closed until after court tomorrow.

Thanks for reopening the thread, Tlcya. I am so thrilled that sweetie pie is back home where she belongs.

I believe this is a game of chess, and believe the DA when he says additional charges aren't coming. I don't think we'll ever know what happened to C - nor should we, to protect her - and I think they're going with the especially aggravated kidnapping because that fills the bill of keeping this guy locked up. And gives her some privacy.

Thanks for reopening the thread, Tlcya. I am so thrilled that sweetie pie is back home where she belongs.

I believe this is a game of chess, and believe the DA when he says additional charges aren't coming. I don't think we'll ever know what happened to C - nor should we, to protect her - and I think they're going with the especially aggravated kidnapping because that fills the bill of keeping this guy locked up. And gives her some privacy.
So grateful CT is home with her family :) For all of the cases that end tragically, I'm so glad that this one turned out so well. If anything hopefully the other family members will press charges for the alleged abuse GS bestowed upon them. From what Ive read Tennessee has no statute of limitations which could be a huge blessing to keep this man locked up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I believe this is a game of chess, and believe the DA when he says additional charges aren't coming. I don't think we'll ever know what happened to C- nor should we, to protect her - and I think they're going with the especially aggravated kidnapping because that fills the bill of keeping this guy locked up. And gives her some privacy.

I think I missed something - the DA said that additional charges ARE NOT coming? Where was this reported? Thanks!
And I've never heard of charges NOT being added, to protect the privacy of the victim. Would that really be done? His original charge has a max of 60 years - time served can be a fraction of that, then released on parole (much less if he doesn't get max sentencing). So....if this man really is an abuser, I don't think they'd want to take the chance that he could abuse many others in the future, to protect the privacy of one girl. I believe if he abused her, there will be additional charges.

I think I missed something - the DA said that additional charges ARE NOT coming? Where was this reported? Thanks!
And I've never heard of charges NOT being added, to protect the privacy of the victim. Would that really be done? His original charge has a max of 60 years - time served can be a fraction of that, then released on parole (much less if he doesn't get max sentencing). So....if this man really is an abuser, I don't think they'd want to take the chance that he could abuse many others in the future, to protect the privacy of one girl. I believe if he abused her, there will be additional charges.
I think the charges not being added was probably a typo :)

I am following another case where two girls were abused back in the 80's. They recently came forward because this man is a POI for a missing boy. Turns out charges were never pressed to begin with because they didn't want to make the girls have to testify to put them through more hell. They had just started getting the technology to test DNA back then and couldnt nail the by testing alone. If DNA is found I dont see why they cant nail GS without CT standing in court causing her more distress. If anything did happen, hopefully GS confesses fully.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

we will work with District Attorney Dan Armstrong to ensure that Gary Simpson is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Gary Simpson is charged with especially aggravated kidnapping, but officers and agents will pursue additional charges if warranted.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/5/12/324085/Carlie-Trent-Found-Safe-In-County-Where.aspx

Simspon was charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping. TBI said he may face more charges. As of Friday morning - Simpson's birthday - he remains in custody.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/...emains-in-hospital-suspect-remains-in-custody

He could face more charges depending on what investigators learn from interviewing Simpson and C and the results of her medical exams.

&#8220;We have some concerns obviously as to what when on,&#8221; District Attorney Dan Armstrong told The News.

C &#8220;appeared to be in reasonably good healthy,&#8221; but that the two &#8220;didn't&#8217; have much food, so she probably hadn&#8217;t eaten much,&#8221; Armstrong added.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-remains-hospital-abduction-article-1.2636112

I can't find the exact quote, Gabby, although I looked and searched this thread for "Armstrong" - the name of the DA in this case. I can't recall the specific quote, so since I can't cite it, I apologize. Maybe I'm remembering an amalgamation of quotes between Armstrong and Gwyn, the TBI guy.

I think there have been many cases in history where sexual abuse was glossed over or not even brought up, if there are charges enough to put someone away otherwise. This isn't really the same thing, but Melissa Huckabay pled guilty to rape and murder of Sandra Cantu when there was also torture that happened, and I believe the DA did that to spare the family having to hear the horrible testimony.

So I don't know. I think if I were family of a child who was kidnapped and sexually assaulted (not saying that's for sure what happened here) I think I'd push for the perp to plead guilty to the Especially Aggravated Kidnapping charge and get 20 years without parole.

I get so frustrated when partial comments by officials are published. It is so clear that we only get what the news sources edit. Thanks for finding the informations and posting the sources, Ticya.

I wonder what the school plans to do to make her return easy. I think if I were the school, I'd send out an email blast to parents that when C returns, please greet her the way you usually would, and don't ask questions.

And maybe her classroom could have a welcome back thing with muffins and juice her first morning, and then leave it at that. Her aunt said they're going to let her choose when she wants to go back to school.

I wonder what the school plans to do to make her return easy. I think if I were the school, I'd send out an email blast to parents that when C returns, please greet her the way you usually would, and don't ask questions.

And maybe her classroom could have a welcome back thing with muffins and juice her first morning, and then leave it at that. Her aunt said they're going to let her choose when she wants to go back to school.

I would hope they would do nothing. Just get her back to school as soon as possible like nothing happened. She is doing fine, she is playing, she is getting on with her life. She will do fine in school too, if everybody just leaves her alone and doesn&#8217;t keep reminding her about it.

we will work with District Attorney Dan Armstrong to ensure that Gary Simpson is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Gary Simpson is charged with especially aggravated kidnapping, but officers and agents will pursue additional charges if warranted.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/5/12/324085/Carlie-Trent-Found-Safe-In-County-Where.aspx

Simspon was charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping. TBI said he may face more charges. As of Friday morning - Simpson's birthday - he remains in custody.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/...emains-in-hospital-suspect-remains-in-custody

He could face more charges depending on what investigators learn from interviewing Simpson and C and the results of her medical exams.

&#8220;We have some concerns obviously as to what when on,&#8221; District Attorney Dan Armstrong told The News.

C &#8220;appeared to be in reasonably good healthy,&#8221; but that the two &#8220;didn't&#8217; have much food, so she probably hadn&#8217;t eaten much,&#8221; Armstrong added.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-remains-hospital-abduction-article-1.2636112

Regarding lack of food.. I think this shows that he didn't plan in advance. I said from the beginning that I don't think he would have taken her out in public to the store, if f he planned in advance. He would have had what they needed. His trip seemed so random - little food, lots of TP, like he was in a bit of a hurry and not planned. There was a lot of curiosity over where he would "disappear" to before the abduction - people were thinking maybe he was off building a bunker, planning, etc. It appears that wasn't the case. I think it was Carpenter who said it appeared that they wouldn't have been at that location much longer, had they not found them when they did. I wonder what made him think that. Was it b/c they'd need to get food soon? (That doesn't necessarily indicate that they might not have left to get food, then return to the same location). Something else? Did he plan for just a few days, get out of dodge where he might not be as recognized, then get more food (but then became aware of all of the search parties in the area and couldn't leave?). Did he just really intend to take her on a camping trip for a couple days, then realized that he was in trouble and stayed? I think this was a very impulsive trip. My questions are:

Did he have feelings that got the best of him and he made an impulse move?
Was he mentally ill and made a rash decision?
Did something happen that made him think he needed to get her away immediately? If so, why didn't he take her sister?
More than one of the above?

What makes this "Especially Aggravated Kidnapping".

I would hope they would do nothing. Just get her back to school as soon as possible like nothing happened. She is doing fine, she is playing, she is getting on with her life. She will do fine in school too, if everybody just leaves her alone and doesn&#8217;t keep reminding her about it.

Right. That's what I was saying.

Leave her alone and don't keep reminding her of it. The whole point is, EVERYONE will be staring at her if they aren't given some kind of instructions, and closure. Ignoring that she was gone for 8 days and held captive isn't something kids do very well - they need instruction on how to do that.

But the truth is, she will forever and ever in that town be the girl who was kidnapped and rescued. Forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back