GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What makes this "Especially Aggravated Kidnapping".

"Another type of kidnapping is Especially aggravated kidnapping. It is also false imprisonment, as defined in § 39-13-302 b:
• Accomplished with a deadly weapon or by display of any article used or fashioned to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a deadly weapon;
• Where the victim was under the age of thirteen at the time of the removal or confinement;
• Committed to hold the victim for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage; or
• Where the victim suffers serious bodily injury.
Especially aggravated kidnapping is a Class A felony."

http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-kidnapping-abduction-laws/tennessee-kidnappingabduction-laws/

Not that I don't agree with his obvious intentions, but my 6 year old daughter has that same swimsuit from Walmart, and it actually is a kid's swim suit. I don't know if the picture shows the legs clipped up high on the hanger or if it's just the way it's laying, but it's really not a super high-cut leg swimsuit, for what it's worth. I've never noticed it being any different than any other kid's swimsuit bottoms, or you better believe my hubby would throw it out! lol. JMO.

I have to agree. Neither of my daughters have *that* suit, but I love 2 piece suits for girls...So much easier for emergency bathroom runs! Also, id let both of mine wear dark green nail polish if they were so inclined.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a pedophile who either did or planned to abuse her, I just don't think those purchases are evidence of that

This is the first time I've followed a WS thread where arguing a point to show your opinion is the correct one became more important than the actual case. I'm sure it is because it is the weekend and we have no new facts to discuss. What we know is fact is that GS has been arrested and CT is home where she belongs. What can we sleuth? Maybe we can sleuth GS's past? The law for kidnapping and holding a young child? The effects of kidnapping on a victim (without any specification of there was sexual assault or not)? Anyone else? Let's try to spare this thread from being shut down again. Ideas for things we can discuss without arguing?

If by possible motive you mean a kindly old uncle trying to protect his 9 year old niece, or custody battle. The answer is no.

FACT TBI have stated repeatedly through the week that this was no case of a kidnap by a protective uncle. Further, they repeatedly told the public that CT was in extreme danger, of serious bodily harm or even death.

FACT CT was returned to the custody of her father in 2015. Mr and Mrs Simpson were still a very active part of CT and her sister's daily life. His access to her was not removed, therefore there is no reason to speculate any further that this is a custody issue. It is not.

So all discussion of kindly confused uncle wanting to go on a camping trip or a custody dispute ends now.

We can discuss motives after the hearing tomorrow. until then this thread is closed.

Specially trained investigators have already interviewed T. If the investigation goes to trial, it’s possible Trent would have to testify against her alleged kidnapper

[...]

“We make sure she's only interviewed by people who've been trained to interview children we try to get her back into her life and get it as normal as possible,” District Attorney Dan Armstrong said. “At the same time, try to get as much information as possible from her to find out exactly what happened in those eight days she was missing.”

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gary-simpson-due-in-hawkins-county-court/196223798

article also say Simpson is expected to appear at 8:30 this morning.

Armstrong stated more charges could be made against Simpson.

Simpson asks that charges against him be read into the court record.

Simpson has no attorney. Being advised by judge of his rights, including that of counsel and remaining silent

May 23 1pm is next court date. Because Gary Simpson has no counsel as yet he will remain in custody at the 1 million bond

Judge asks if he will be hiring an attorney or wants one appointed.

Simpson asks for counsel to be appointed and judge explains the process. affidavit of indigence. Judge will appoint public defender. If public defender has conflict attorney Kyle Vaughn (sp?) will be appointed

Lauren Davis ‏@WVLTLauren 3m3 minutes ago
Recapping court proceedings with Gary Simpson: Judge appoints public defender and sets next court date for May 23

Local 8 News Retweeted
Lauren Davis ‏@WVLTLauren 4m4 minutes ago
Simpson said he and his wife take care of their disabled son and only have SS as their income

Local 8 News Retweeted
Lauren Davis ‏@WVLTLauren 5m5 minutes ago
Simpson said he has no money for bond

Local 8 News Retweeted
Lauren Davis ‏@WVLTLauren 6m6 minutes ago
The judge appointed attorney Kyle Vaughn to be his lawyer

https://twitter.com/wvlt

Everything is on hold until counsel can be appointed for Simpson who has left the courtroom now.

Next appearance May 23 at 1pm.

No additional charges made as yet but DA Armstrong was quoted in an article published at 8:15 this morning that more charges may be made in future. The investigation continues and forensic interviews by qualified trained personnel are ongoing with CT. This is a process and it is ongoing.

I am reopening this thread.

No bashing of parents, no suggestion that Simpson was "protecting" CT or rescuing her from a bad situation. Zero tolerance for sugar coating this in a way that conflicts with the following from TBI:

Josh DeVine with TBI said at a news conference on Thursday morning that agents were concerned about Simpson hurting C as well as the conditions they were in. DeVine said agents interviewed all family and friends that know C and Simpson. He said the information they learned about the history of Simpson has them "imminently concerned."

"I realize that's vague, but I just can't get into the specifics of what we've learned through those conversations," he said.

Simpson was placed on the TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted list after C disappeared for more than a week.

"Let me be abundantly clear, he had no intention to help this girl. We have specific and credible information that C is in imminent danger of seriously bodily harm or death. Trust me, anyone who may be harboring Gary Simpson will be prosecuted to the fullest, and I do mean fullest, extent of the law," said DeVine.

Before the disappearance, Simpson bought about $80 worth of groceries including, two loaves of bread, crackers, paper towels, peanut butter, toilet paper, desserts and soda.

"That's not exactly cooking dinner at home with the family. That's we're going on a camping trip, but again this is no innocent camping trip. This is a crime," said DeVine. http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-be-on-Top-10-Most-Wanted-list-379197281.html

:tyou: tlcya!
:yourock:
:gomods:
#JusticeForCT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since he obviously seen he has no one supporting him I wonder if he will have to be put back onto suicide watch.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have mixed feelings about suicide watch. It seems it's often used to be cruel to a prisoner, and not out of any compassion. There was a story in the news in the last few years of how brutal suicide watch can be, and is often arbitrarily enforced.

So if GS and his wife only had SS as income, he probably did not take a lot of money out of the bank. What were they going to live off of? Makes me wonder if he planned on returning or if he was planning on committng suicide.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So I think we'll know a lot more on May 23, since he didn't have an attorney today. My guess is that's when more charges will/or will not be added.

MOD NOTE: While the DA has stated that more charges MAY be forthcoming, dependent on what is learned through the ongoing investigation and interviews with the victim, for now, stick to discussing the current charge - Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and Custodial Interference.

thank you guys

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420