GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
at the 1:15 mark on the youtube video I hear Simpson say:

"but I don't understand why I am being charged with something her dad's girlfriend does occasionally."

which makes absolutely no sense to me but that is what I hear him saying.

:confused: pretty sure CT has never been subject to an amber alert in the past or reported abducted previously or removed from school under false pretenses and removed to the wilderness for 8 days.

I heard the same thing. Is this man completely crazy ? Is he setting up some whacked out defense? Ugh.

I am not one bit surprised that no family members attended the hearing.

In Ticya's post #395 Upthread ^^^^, the statement from TBI agent Josh DeVine regarding their concern over the imminent danger C was in with Simpson, is not to be taken lightly. TBI had to learn of suspicious circumstances, that when all put together painted a picture of danger, but perhaps individually didn't mean much.to the family and friends. Maybe no one had talked about it or compared notes. It was just passed off as ' that crazy Uncle Gary'. This is not sugar-coating his actions. Too many families have a 'crazy Uncle Bob' never realizing what is actually going on or to what extreme.

The additional charges may even be from other people he has abused if statue of limitations have not run out. We have no idea what TBI was talking about in the above article. It did seem their knowledge came from realiable sources, so I hope the charges are not applicable to just C. I pray she escaped any abuse from him. One can always hope for a miracle!

So is he saying the father's girlfriend ALSO takes them from school and leaves for a week without communicating to the family? I'm actually curious.

I highly doubt it. Some people try to justify their actions by finding one tiny little thing that may be true (like picking kids up from school) - and their disturbed brains forget everything else.

Authorities are holding Simpson on a $1 million bond.
A judge also appointed Simpson a public defender on Monday morning.
Simpson said in court Monday he was not employed, did not have money for an attorney and takes care of his son, who is special needs.
The judge said Simpson must remain 1,000 feet away from T.
Bbm. IMO - IF (very unlikely thankfully) he gets bailed out, 1000' is not far enough. For CT's piece of mind I wish the judge would have set it much higher. I understand Gary & CT live close by, by that can be Gary's problem-it's his fault the situation is what it is.

Armstrong said there could be more charges made against Simpson.
If Simpson is convicted of the especially aggravated kidnapping and custodial interference charges, he would likely serve 15-25 years in prison.
Bbm - IMO-- that's it?!!?!

More @ link: http://www.wbir.com/mb/news/local/gary-simpson-due-in-hawkins-county-court/196223798

Sounds to me like G didn't like anyone else in CT's life. Warped view from his perspective IMO

So there was a sad case near Galveston, Dannariah Finley, kidnapped from her grandfather's house in the early hours (before 8 am) and reported missing. She was 4, and it took an entire day to contact all the people who might possibly have her legitimately. Because that's how the family structure worked - if an auntie or cousin or neighbor came by the house to drop something off and she was playing on the porch alone, they'd likely take her for the day to play with her. Without telling anyone.

I'm guessing that's the kind of structure maybe the Trents have?

CT gets back into a normal routine

Rogersville, Tenn. (WVLT)-- For the first time in over a week, CT will be back at Hawkins Elementary School, where she feels most comfortable.
"My favorite subject is science," said T.
It's the same place police said her uncle, Gary Simpson, abducted her last Wednesday, forcing her to be away from loved ones, teachers and her best friend, Miley.

More @ link: http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Carlie-Gets-Back-Into-A-Normal-Routine-379591171.html

I don't understand the whole remaining 1000 feet from T. The judge must have some thought that Simpson will get out of jail soon.

He doesn't have the $ to get out IMO. I did see on NG that the A. kidnapping charge alone can carry up to 60 years?

I don't understand the whole remaining 1000 feet from T. The judge must have some thought that Simpson will get out of jail soon.

Not necessarily. If someone is eligible for bond, some/initial conditions are usually set in advance, whether they actually end up getting out on bond or not.

He doesn't have the $ to get out IMO. I did see on NG that the A. kidnapping charge alone can carry up to 60 years?

If they don't increase the charges on May 23, I would think his court appointed attorney will argue (successfully) for a reduction in bail even though he's certainly a flight risk. There has to be some reason the judge set that stipulation of 1000 feet from C. Also, with the especially aggravated kidnapping charge, there are parts of it that involve physical harm, use of weapons, etc., that probably factor in to the sentence range. if all they're planning to present in court is that he took her from school and had an 8 day camping trip where he didn't plan well enough to bring enough food and provisions, that probably carries a lesser prison term than other things that are included in the Especially Aggravated Kidnapping charge.

yes I recall posters saying that his kidnapping charge alone could keep him in prison 60 years, and that very well could be most of his natural life. 15-25 years is much more unsettling imo

According to this article: http://www.timesnews.net/News/2016/...e-of-kidnapping-Carlie.html?ci=content&lp&p=1

Gary Simpson, 58, said he did not know why he was being charged with kidnapping (CT) when the girlfriend of T's father occasionally does the same thing.

The sound on the video I posted upstream is not the best. GS is hard to hear.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Stupid sociopathic liar thinks he can lie his way out of anything. :badmood::furious: He lied to take CT from school. He was hiding out with the child - not in a camping area - on private property that he didn't have permission to be on. His phone was off so untraceable. Stupid CYA lies won't work. Judge won't fall for this. Simpson is VERY DANGEROUS. NO BAIL!!!

I don't understand the whole remaining 1000 feet from Trent. The judge must have some thought that Simpson will get out of jail soon.
1000 feet isn't nearly enough... hopefully this man will never be free to worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

After he was captured last week, Simpson made no statements to Hawkins County officers, according to Sheriff Ronnie Lawson, referring questions to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. TBI spokesman Josh Devine said no additional details of the incident are expected to be released in the near future.

[...]

Besides Lawson, Franklin gave credit to additional men they were working with them in their Thursday search: Roger Carpenter and Larry Hamblen. Franklin says that duo had been looking for C for several days, so he expects the $40,000 reward money for her recovery to be split four ways.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/crime-...c7-85af-343f-e053-0100007f48a7-379619181.html

[video=youtube;VwQ5bKQvXaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQ5bKQvXaY[/video] for those having trouble with constant buffering from news channels, here is the WJHL youtube version of the hearing

I don't understand the whole remaining 1000 feet from Trent. The judge must have some thought that Simpson will get out of jail soon.

:tyou: tlcya for posting the YouTube video. I did not hear anything about gs having to stay 1000' from CT. I did hear the Judge say he was to have no contact with the victim and her family members and to avoid any location where she could be. Granted, the YT video cut out shortly after he was sworn in to address issues related to obtaining a public defender, so I may have missed it. :confused:

I hope he remains in custody throughout the adjudication process. I can't imagine that sort of stress being placed upon the victim. :no: IMO, he does not deserve bail! :cow:

I truly appreciate everyone's updates and posts here. The journey to #JusticeForCT continues...

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895