Found Deceased TN - Dakota Bingham, 28, left Nobles sports bar & TA Truck Stop, East Nashville, 10 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The search for a missing man in East Nashville has now led detectives to the Cumberland River.

Dakota Bingham, 28, was reported missing this week, last seen Sunday night in front of Hunter’s Station in East Nashville.

Now, detectives investigating his disappearance say they located surveillance video Wednesday that shows a man, believed to be Bingham, struggling to stay afloat in the Cumberland River just after midnight Monday.

An MNPD helicopter is currently checking the river for any sign of Bingham.

Police search over Cumberland River for missing 28-year-old last seen in East Nashville
oh nooooooo...I hate to see this. :(

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/family-friends-continue-searching-for-missing-nashville-man

Police said on Wednesday, investigators located surveillance video showing a man, believed to be missing 28-year-old Dakota Bingham, struggling to stay afloat in the Cumberland River just after midnight on Monday.

Bingham's mom and girlfriend both flew from California to Nashville to help search for him.

They said his car is still at his home and there's no record of him at any of the local hospitals or jails.

"My gut tells me that he's already gone because they would've found him by now," said Rhonda Bingham, his mother. "I just want to take my son home."

How terribly heartbreaking.
OH NO! I am just catching up and this isn't good. IMO

This is near me and he traveled along the road I commute on daily. So sad and obviously does not look good.

His wallet being found near the river & with all the cards/cash intact is really bugging me though. Man I hope they are approaching this case from all angles and keeping an open mind on what happened here.

"There was some video that was recovered by a nearby business that showed a person that was in the water, kind of treading the water at one point in time, and then begin to float on their back and dog paddle, but you can see the video appears to show dragging that person away even though they were appearing to swim in the opposite direction, and then you lose sight of the person," Nashville Fire Department/Office of Emergency Management spokesperson Kendra Loney said.

"The sonar is limited in its imaging so since about noon or so they have been using an ROV in the water," Loney said.

Loney said crews would not be actively searching the river on Friday because of forecasted weather but would resume the search on Saturday morning .

I'm not sure why his friend referenced him "being chased" in the news article as there is no reported evidence or video showing that occurred.

Friends, family find wallet of missing East Nashville man near the Cumberland River | WKRN News 2

IMO, the friend was questioning reasons why he would have went into the River…as in “did he jump into the River because he was being chased?” IMO

From article:
“I want to see the footage, I know cops can only do what they can do, but with something like this, I need, I need proof. I want to know that it’s him. If he was being chased, why he went into the river,” explained Johnisee.

"There was some video that was recovered by a nearby business that showed a person that was in the water, kind of treading the water at one point in time, and then begin to float on their back and dog paddle, but you can see the video appears to show dragging that person away even though they were appearing to swim in the opposite direction, and then you lose sight of the person," Nashville Fire Department/Office of Emergency Management spokesperson Kendra Loney said.

"The sonar is limited in its imaging so since about noon or so they have been using an ROV in the water," Loney said.

Loney said crews would not be actively searching the river on Friday because of forecasted weather but would resume the search on Saturday morning .
I saw that. So sad. Praying!!!!

"There was some video that was recovered by a nearby business that showed a person that was in the water, kind of treading the water at one point in time, and then begin to float on their back and dog paddle, but you can see the video appears to show dragging that person away even though they were appearing to swim in the opposite direction, and then you lose sight of the person," Nashville Fire

What does the bolded red mean? What is dragging the person away? Makes no sense.

I wonder if Dakota was trying to sober up and thought getting in the water might help him do that?

Yes, I think the current was dragging him away. :(

How or why did he end up in the water? If his wallet, still intact, was taken out of his pocket first, it makes it seem like he voluntarily went in. Was he drunk enough to think a swim would be fun?

Yes, I think the current was dragging him away. :(

How or why did he end up in the water? If his wallet, still intact, was taken out of his pocket first, it makes it seem like he voluntarily went in. Was he drunk enough to think a swim would be fun?

It is sounding like he voluntarily went in and took his wallet out before he went in. I guess it could be a couple of things :

1. Thinking he could swim to the other side instead of back tracking to get up to the bridge to walk across.

2. Thinking he wanted to go for a swim.

3. Was considering self harm. This may not seem like him, but I've seen some people get down or depressed when drinking.

One other more unlikely scenario, is that he dropped his wallet from the bridge and jumped into the River to try to get it? I'm not sure how high the bridge is and if someone would actually live doing that, but it did cross my mind as an unlikely option.

ALL MOO

Metro Police have identified the body found near Rock Harbor Marina as Dakota Bingham, the man who has been missing since Sunday.

Friday morning, investigators were investigating a body found on a river bank at Rock Harbor Marina.

The body was discovered by a tugboat operator, according to Metro Police.

METRO: Body identified as Dakota Bingham

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back