Found Deceased TN - Dakota Bingham, 28, left Nobles sports bar & TA Truck Stop, East Nashville, 10 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What does the bolded red mean? What is dragging the person away? Makes no sense.

I wonder if Dakota was trying to sober up and thought getting in the water might help him do that?

That's what I was also thinking, that's the only thing that seems to possibly make sense.

ETA: Just saw the news that he has been identified. Very sad, but not unexpected outcome.

Sad but certainly not unexpected in these circumstances. I hope the increase in CCTV will finally dispel the “smiley face killer” foolishness, and perhaps provide some insight into why intoxicated young men are drawn to the water.

That could well be the case.

At the same time, some aspects of the alleged Smiley Face cases seem strange. For example, I think the serial killer possibility could be dismissed more easily if the fact pattern was:

- Heavily intoxicated young men are winding up in dead in water while attending parties along the shores of lakes and rivers. The parties tend to occur at picnic areas and unofficial drinking sites.

- Some of the parties feature alcohol mixed with night swims, towel snapping and "skinny dipping" with young ladies in varying degrees of un dress. All fun, but accidental drownings would not be surprising.

But.... the fact pattern behind some of the deaths seems to be:

- Intoxicated young men, some of whom are only moderately intoxicated and a number appear to used to alcohol and thus unlikely to be in a blind stupor even if truly intoxicated wind up dead in rivers etc.

- The men had no stated intention of swimming, going down to the shore to drink, or to frolic with young women etc. The modern bridges in the area tend to have high pedestrian guard rails.

- Some of the victims were athletic and thus less likely to slip from shore or bridges. And if slipping from the shore, more likely to know how to swim..... .

Last edited:
JMO while there's always at least a little hope in every case, based on everything we heard it was sure hard to overlook that this might end badly (for me, it was when they said there was video of someone struggling in the water). Sadly saying RIP Dakota.

Although I guess they didn't get verified there was what seemed to be an insider comment in the beginning that he was a beach type person so I would say that he thought that he could just take a little swim in the river similar to the way he would in the ocean and he didn't want to lose his wallet in the water so he left it on the bank.

Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers

Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers
Compilation of information on similar deaths around the country - are they connected?
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S422920.shtml?cat=1

This is from the Star Tribune (Minneapolis). LE officials are taking a look at the deaths of male college students throughout the nation. In every case the cause of death has been drownings, but maybe not...

I KNOW DAKOTA ISNT A STUDENT--but this ^^ thread is about dozens of males who walked out of a bar, and went missing, mysteriously. Many ended up in the water.
This is exac;y what I was thinking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back