GUILTY TN - Dana Wilkes, 48, Chattanooga, 9 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All I know is I would hate to go missing in Tennessee. I pray this lady is located soon. It's been a week so it's not sounding good for her.

Did she have any kind of romantic relationships? Did have anything that can be followed on her computer or cell phone?
Above BBM.. Yes, you and me both, shefner.. Unfortunately for me I reside in this state whose record for unaccounted women who just vanish into thin air and/or never have justice served on their behalf, the record IMO is alarming.. Its head bangingly frustrating and yes, even quite scary when you truly sit and think about it..:shrugs:

I pray they find tiny, little Dana soon..I sadly fear she has likely been dead from shortly thereafter she went missing.. If the perp did not kill her, I fear it would not be long before her unregulated diabetes would have been past the point of no return as far as saving her.. And she is such a tiny little thing..under 5 foot and barely a 100lbs soaking wet..

In not having much to go on the couple of areas I would seek answers are:

1) obviously the neighbor who brings forth pertinent information that IMO quite likely doesn't coincide with what it appears Dana's family are stating was happening when they last spoke with her at 11:15pm. Her mother says that Dana at that time was preparing to go to bed for the night as her early morning shift began at 5:30am. So, this neighbors entering in the detail/info that according to him just 15mins later at 11:30pm he heard Dana leave her residence(I assume leave in her Jeep)..

IMO that definitely warrants further investigating and probing the neighbor for any other possible details.

2) the son who has not been an active center piece in his moms disappearance (atleast publicly he has not and there may in fact be a legitimate reason/cause for this that I am unaware of)..where as the other son appears to be front and center, active, and even speaking with media.

I want to know more about the other son, where he lives, and why possibly he is either unable or unwilling to take an active role in the ongoing investigation and search for his mom.

Also, upthread I was very confused and concerned about the information regarding one of her son's having been to her home that morning and wasn't alarmed or worried...and then later that day when contacted and told where his mom's abandoned car had been located that he immediately went to the car himself to check it out...yet, again felt there WAS ZERO CAUSE FOR WORRY OR ALARM?!?!...WTF?

Could someone please comment further about this particularly strange issue?.. Is this info correct or has it since been clarified as mistaken information?.. is this the same son who has been active publicly in searching for his mom?..or is this the other son?

My apologies for all of the questions just wanting to make sure that I am understanding correctly the liitle bit of info that we do have regarding Dana's disappearance..

TIA to anyone who can answer or clarify any of the above issues:)

My prayers for all of those who know and love Dana:heartbeat:

2000 green Jeep Cherokee. Don't know if the sports model, but here's the jist:

images

Do we know if she was seeing anyone? Had a sig other?

TBH, I don't care for where she lived. It is dark back in there at night time!!!. The houses/duplexes are very close as well. No way in hello would I open the door at 11:30 PM unless it was for a relative. Being single, I would not feel comfy coming home after dark!! Been there once and I prayed everytime I came home after midnight when working two jobs. I always left my porch light on and one night the dang bulb had blown. Hope LE are running her neighbors thru a check..just in case.

Any locals? Has the kudzu died back yet? If you take a google drive down Palo Verde it is covered and here is one spot almost directly across from where she lives. It's drop off!!! You could probably hide a whole dang car in there! http://goo.gl/maps/JFCBU Someone needs to atleast check the kudzu in that area if they haven't had a heavy frost yet. She's tiny too.

Just now saw your post. Made some great points; especially about that drop off....thanks for finding a jeep picture!!

Yes, it is a creepy street...

I wonder if there is any way her mother might be mistaken about the last time she spoke with Dana. I realize that's a long shot, but maybe she had the wrong day? Certain prescription meds or possibly advancing age might interfere with her memory (or she may be sharp as a tack)! I wonder if the phone records were checked.

I also wonder if anyone could have impersonated Dana. If someone answered the phone and said, "Sorry Mom, I'm about to go to bed, we'll talk tomorrow, love you, bye!" A stranger wouldn't do that, but someone known to the family might realize that if they did not answer the phone for Dana's mom she would probably have called police that night, leaving them no time to ...(fill in the blank)...

I wonder if any of Dana's prescription meds were missing?

MOO

What is that? It appears to be a freshly dug up hole? Are these google maps current? TIA

It's the side of the road!!! Granted it is an old pic, but I still want someone to do a look-see in that area. That is dense and I believe deep. I hope the street dept has fixed it by now. Geesh....they need a curb there. Some little kid could fall in there riding his bike.

Were there any searches this week-end?

I wonder if there is any way her mother might be mistaken about the last time she spoke with Dana. I realize that's a long shot, but maybe she had the wrong day? Certain prescription meds or possibly advancing age might interfere with her memory (or she may be sharp as a tack)! I wonder if the phone records were checked.

I also wonder if anyone could have impersonated Dana. If someone answered the phone and said, "Sorry Mom, I'm about to go to bed, we'll talk tomorrow, love you, bye!" A stranger wouldn't do that, but someone known to the family might realize that if they did not answer the phone for Dana's mom she would probably have called police that night, leaving them no time to ...(fill in the blank)...

I wonder if any of Dana's prescription meds were missing?

MOO

Good point about someone possibly detering suspicion, or atleast delaying suspicion WRT Dana and the late night phonecall from her mom..

Below are a few snipped quotes that answer some of your questions..

HTH:)
Her purse and medication were left behind.
Her family is fearful something may have happened to her.
«snip»

There's no way she could go this long without her insulin," said Yates.
"If she was going to go somewhere for a long time, she'd take it," added Boulware, who says his mom never leaves home without her medication.
«snip»

He found the doors unlocked.
Wilkes' purse and insulin were on the nightstand.
«snip»
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20101659...-missing-woman

Smooth, pretty sure it is the same son who has been active and seen in the media.
Believe the other son is younger...per pics on his gma's FB. Not much to go on is there? Did she have a bf or someone special in her life? Anyone in her circle she may have had problems with? Friend, neighbor, co-worker? So many people seem to disappear on a Friday. ?

It's the side of the road!!! Granted it is an old pic, but I still want someone to do a look-see in that area. That is dense and I believe deep. I hope the street dept has fixed it by now. Geesh....they need a curb there. Some little kid could fall in there riding his bike.

Were there any searches this week-end?
The hole ~n/t~ was referring to is a large hole in someone's front yard on Buena Vista Dr. It's to the left of a wood railing and behind a tree. The image date is Aug 2007, though, and it's a round hole. Someone was probably getting ready to plant a tree. Just wanted to clarify what ~n/t~ was talking about.

I certainly would love to know the actual evidence found in her Jeep that LE state indicated that Dana was not alone?

Ciggy's and/or smoking paraphenalia(lighter, ashes, etc) is definitely a good guess at what it is, but I guess I just don't see that as an absolute affirmative that someone was with her in her vehicle at the time of her disappearance..as in it could have been someone she gave a ride to at some point earlier(hours, days, etc prior)..

So, I just wonder if there is something else more definitive that indicated someone was with her in the vehicle at/near the time of her disappearance?
The info from her mom, if in fact true and accurate(and not mistaken day or time as TGI suggested as a possibility) and it was in fact Dana speaking with her mom at 11:15pm and that Dana was in fact prepped and ready for bed at that late time of night ..well.. I just cannot come to any logical conclusions that would have so very drastically changed the course of that late night hour in such a teeny amount of time...15 mins later Dana out of her home in apparently a rush that she left behind her purse, meds, and did not even lock the door to her home.. In her Jeep and leaving her driveway never to return??

What could have possibly transpired THAT MOST IMPORTANTLY WOULD HAVE LEFT NO TRAIL OF HAVING OCCURRED?.. what I mean is that the most logical thought that comes to mind is that very soon thereafter she hangs up the call with her mom..moments later she received a call of someone in need and hurriedly left out to go assist whomever that someone is...kwim??

But this would have left an easily discernable trail of exactly who and exactly what time the person called Dana for help.. Yet as far as we know there is nothing whatsoever indicating a person called and spoke with her at any point after the 11:15pm phonecall she had with her mom..

So, I'm back at square one of what transpired so very quickly thereafter she ended the phonecall with mom that would so very drastically change the events that occurred that late night?

Don't know if it's anything, but something is/was going on in Catoosa Co, GA, just south of Chattanooga. Police cars and woods taped off. Comments from Channel 3's FB, but none in newsroom is answering.

Maybe coinkydink, but there is a post praying for Dana right after the comment.

http://www.facebook.com/WRCBtv

Smooth, pretty sure it is the same son who has been active and seen in the media.
Believe the other son is younger...per pics on his gma's FB. Not much to go on is there? Did she have a bf or someone special in her life? Anyone in her circle she may have had problems with? Friend, neighbor, co-worker? So many people seem to disappear on a Friday. ?

Speaking of significant other.. In one of the comments under her news article linked upthread(same article that has the openid comments from the WL guy) there is a comment from a woman who talks about what a wonderful person that Dana is and how they desperately want her found..this commenter states that her daughter(the commenter's daughter) is the step-daughter of Dana..as in Dana is the step-mother to the commenter's daughter..and from her words there seems to be a very good, working relationship between Dana as step-mother to this woman's daughter..

I guess the only logical way of this connection would be if Dana is married to the commenter's EX-husband, therefor Dana is a step-mother to the child of the ex husband and ex wife..:crazy:..lol..did that make any sense whatsoever?..lol..

Point being that it would appear to be that Dana is married to the commenters ex-husband for that relationship to be correct, right?..or have I totallly confused myself and now evsryone else..lol

Don't know if it's anything, but something is/was going on in Catoosa Co, GA, just south of Chattanooga. Police cars and woods taped off. Comments from Channel 3's FB, but none in newsroom is answering.

and wouldn't you know the scanner for Catoosa Co is terminated....urggggg

:banghead::banghead:

I am not able to see any comments at all on the news channel 9 article. We are allowed to paraphrase if someone would be so kind. Can anyone just give me the gist of what the comment said and how this WL is related to the case?

I am not able to see any comments at all on the news channel 9 article. We are allowed to paraphrase if someone would be so kind. Can anyone just give me the gist of what the comment said and how this WL is related to the case?
WL claims he knew Dana when she lived in AL (he lives in Montgomery) and they were engaged, but said he lost touch with her and has never given up on finding her. Promised her in 1988 that he wouldn't lose touch with her. Now appears to be upset that she is missing and has health problems.

If he's been looking for her, how is it he finds her only now, when she is missing? How do you lose touch with someone you're engaged to in the first place? His FB page is fishy because there are about 6 posts about Dana on 11/16 - 2 of her MP poster. Under one post, a CP comments about Dana and another girl (now found) missing and several deaths in the family.

anything else about this????

Thanks Indy, that is very creepy! Kind of...stalkerish? Weird though, since it shouldn't have been that hard to find her if he had really been looking. A former fiance should have at least known who some of her family members were, if he couldn't find her why didn't he try to contact any of her family? ( ...and why did he "lose track of her"?)

I'm thinking he is the figment of someone's imagination with a fake FB page or plain old whack-a-doodle.

anything else about this????

Nothing that I can find on it. Nothing on her FB either except they are going to ask about a search the next time they talk to LE. Shame one could not have been organized for this past week-end.

I don't know what to think of WL on FB. Agree tho, one strange site. Maybe there is reason they only made it to engaged. ? I believe she has been married twice. So definitely could be some step-children in there. I'm finding much more from her maiden name....even another addy in Chatt, but ATM not sure if it indeed is her. Many of the sites I use to search are off-line or not available now for some reason. ??

Where are you Dana? Hope LE is finding something.

WL claims he knew Dana when she lived in AL (he lives in Montgomery) and they were engaged, but said he lost touch with her and has never given up on finding her. Promised her in 1988 that he wouldn't lose touch with her. Now appears to be upset that she is missing and has health problems.

If he's been looking for her, how is it he finds her only now, when she is missing? How do you lose touch with someone you're engaged to in the first place? His FB page is fishy because there are about 6 posts about Dana on 11/16 - 2 of her MP poster. Under one post, a CP comments about Dana and another girl (now found) missing and several deaths in the family.

Key word is 'were' engaged, meaning they probably broke it off, and then lost touch for awhile. But if he has not had contact with her in some time, I doubt he would be any better equipped to find her than someone else. Unless he thinks she has returned to someone or something in her past??

Speaking of significant other.. In one of the comments under her news article linked upthread(same article that has the openid comments from the WL guy) there is a comment from a woman who talks about what a wonderful person that Dana is and how they desperately want her found..this commenter states that her daughter(the commenter's daughter) is the step-daughter of Dana..as in Dana is the step-mother to the commenter's daughter..and from her words there seems to be a very good, working relationship between Dana as step-mother to this woman's daughter..

I guess the only logical way of this connection would be if Dana is married to the commenter's EX-husband, therefor Dana is a step-mother to the child of the ex husband and ex wife..:crazy:..lol..did that make any sense whatsoever?..lol..

Point being that it would appear to be that Dana is married to the commenters ex-husband for that relationship to be correct, right?..or have I totallly confused myself and now evsryone else..lol

Yes, technically to be a step-mother you have to be married to the child's father. And if the marriage to the father ends in divorce, you are no longer the child's step-mother, legally. But... if the father dies while you are still married, then I suppose you are still referred to as the step-mother, unless you remarry which would end any connection, legally. But I'm sure there are some people who disregard the legalities and still call someone a step-parent even if there is no connection anymore.
I may have made less sense than you did, Smooth!
She must be a special person, if the mother of the step-daughter thinks that much of her. Usually there is always a bit of resentment surrounding 'real' moms and step-moms, as well as ex-wives and current wives.
Been there, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back