GUILTY TN - Dana Wilkes, 48, Chattanooga, 9 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still praying for little Dana. I do believe she knew whoever it was.

I have kind of a bias against TN as far as missing women go; they just never seem to be found. I feel a kind of dread every time I see "TN" as the state.

Key word is 'were' engaged, meaning they probably broke it off, and then lost touch for awhile. But if he has not had contact with her in some time, I doubt he would be any better equipped to find her than someone else. Unless he thinks she has returned to someone or something in her past??
IDK. I don't have a good feeling about this guy. Maybe he is sincere and they really were engaged at one time. But, his comments seem a bit odd. He has a new post on Dana's Missing FB page today saying he wouldn't return to the FB page any more but will wait to hear from her. He posted again a few hours later. Dana's sister "liked" his comments yesterday, but hasn't responded to his posts today. Nor has anyone else. I really think he's creeping them out. I hope LE is checking on this guy.

I have kind of a bias against TN as far as missing women go; they just never seem to be found. I feel a kind of dread every time I see "TN" as the state.

You are not alone in the dread of seeing TN on the missing forum......I've seen so many WS'ers say the same thing...including me.

Was so very much hoping for an update by now and that it would include news of having found this teeny little sweetheart of a woman.. My thoughts are if she is in fact already gone that the family atleast be able to have the solace in receiving atleast some amount of closure in having her body and being able to lay her to rest as they so see fitting.. it gets extremely difficult to see the bodies of the missing remain unfound..and can only imagine the difficulty for their loved ones..of that I have no words that could even begin to describe the anguish and pain they face in being robbed of their loved ones life and even robbed of their loved ones remains..

I pray this little bitty woman who from all accounts was such a sweet, caring, and giving human being to EVERYONE..not just her loved ones, but giving to even strangers in need of help.. I hope that such a wonderful act of genuine kindness would not be what led to her life being taken..tho, sadly it certainly wouldn't be a first for a perfect stranger to actually take advantage of and manipulate an act of kindness into an act of evil of harming or murdering the very human being that is offering themselves to be of assistance in some way to evil that is in the guise of a stranger in need of help..

I tend to be leaning more toward it being more likely that this was no stranger to Dana, but rather someone known to Dana who possibly has done this.. More often than not the perfect stranger has zero cause or reason to go to any great lengths of hiding or disposing of the body in a way so as to remain unfound for any length of time.. The stranger does not need to do this since there is no connection, relationship, tie to the victim therefor the stranger is not going to immediately be on the radar as a suspect..

So, IMO the longer it takes and the more time that passes with her body still not located the more IMO it appears to someone known to Dana who has harmed/killed her therefor since there is a connection, relationship, tie to the victim this perp would be on LE radar as a possible suspect..therefor they have every reason to feel the need to thoroughly hide or dispose of the body to better ensure that any possible trace evidence that he left on the body will be destroyed by the passage of time and whatever elements that the body is left exposed to depending on the location he has disposed of, hidden, or buried the body..

Sorry just rambling about some of my thoughts at this time.. All jmo, tho.

When the neighbor said Dana left her house at 11:30 pm, could someone other than Dana drive the Jeep with her in it? Hearing the Jeep leave doesn't necessarily mean Dana was driving it. I think, even in an emergency, Dana would have grabbed her purse (containing wallet, etc.) automatically.

This is one strange disappearance.

Prayers for Dana and her loved ones.

I'm surprised that she would go to get a prescription that late at night. Inside most stores that are open 24 hours a day, the pharmacy usually closes around 9 p.m. or even before. Most cities only have one all night pharmacy in the whole city. Also, why go for a prescription that late at night? I've very concerned for this lady, especially being a diabetic without her insulin. And if she was going to the pharmacy for medicine, wouldn't she take her drivers license and purse? And why would she abandon her car? I just hope this lady is found safe and the mystery solved in a way that makes some sense. Too many women and children, even young men, are going missing these days. Its very scary. And especially scary how hard it is to find them and how some are never found at all. And so sad that many are found dead.

I am a manager at a Wal-Mart. NONE of our stores have pharmacies open after nine. Not even a manager can open that pharmacy door.....it take a pharmacist!

I can't imagine a woman getting in her car to go even a mile down the road, and not take her purse. If she went to pick up a prescription, how is she going to pay for it? I suppose she could take money in her pocket but what if she got stopped and had no DL on her? Or there was an accident and she needed her ID? If she left her apt., in her car, it was not voluntarily, IMO.

Interesting that missing person Brian Wahrle’s car was found close to where Dana Wilkes car was found.

He had been planning on purchasing a topo map from a Georgia Wal-Mart just to add to the comparison. Wal-Mart is admittedly ubiquitous.

Here is where Brian’s car was found at Judson and North Chamberlain:

http://goo.gl/maps/kcTOF

You can see at the top right of the map the Wilcox Tunnel where Dana’s car was found.

Flyer saying where Brain’s car was found posted by Dreamweaver post #114

http://media.timesfreepress.com/docs/2009/12/Wehrle_report_1209.pdf

Here is a page discussing the location and condition of Brian’s car when found:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89758&page=5

I can't imagine a woman getting in her car to go even a mile down the road, and not take her purse. If she went to pick up a prescription, how is she going to pay for it? I suppose she could take money in her pocket but what if she got stopped and had no DL on her? Or there was an accident and she needed her ID? If she left her apt., in her car, it was not voluntarily, IMO.

I agree with what you're saying. I do know a pharmacy will ask for photo ID (driver's license or state ID) and a medical insurance card when you get a prescription filled or picked up.

In a lot of jurisdictions, if you're pulled over for a traffic stop and don't have a DL with you, you're taken into police custody.

Since she is a diabetic, I just can't see her leaving home without her purse, ID, and her meds. What if she is out somewhere and had a sudden medical emergency?

I know people that have diabetes who take their insulin with them when they're away from home.

Her disappearance is very suspicious. I don't believe she left home that late at night on her own accord.

I'm not sure anyone suggested she disappeared while going to pick up her prescription. We don't know what time she did so. But, she would've had her purse with her then. My speculation was that someone followed her home from Wal-mart. We know from Dana's conversation with her mom that she was home and ready for bed at 11:15 that night.

I agree with you that it would be odd for her not to take her purse with her, even for a short drive, but I could see it if she had received an urgent call from a friend who lives a block away (and she didn't want to walk that late at night), or a neighbor asked her to drive him someplace nearby. If it was a spur of the moment thing and she didn't keep her car keys in her purse (I asked early if she kept them by the front door), she may have forgotten to get her purse. I did that once when a neighbor asked me to drive her to a convenience store about a mile away. I did remember it before we left and went in to get it (but then I noticed the next day that my spare house key that I kept in my car was missing, but that's another story).

It seems even more unbelievable to me that she would leave her house unlocked, even if she didn't plan to go far and be gone long. Though, I have forgotten to close/lock my front door a couple of times and had to drive back home to lock it. If someone entered her home and incapacitated Dana, and then took her out to her car and drove away in it, it would take a great deal of effort for a perp to do, no matter how big he was. I can't imagine someone risk being seen and heard.

But, what if someone came to her door and said something like "your son has been in an accident. My car is broken down, but I'll ride to the hospital with you." In her desperation to get to her son, Dana may have grabbed her car key and not even thought about her purse or locking her door. That's about the only kind of scenario that makes sense to me!

I really would like to know more about the neighbor's account of Dana leaving that night at 11:30pm..

What led to him knowing this?

Was it just his hearing her Jeep crank and drive away?

Was it his seeing her Jeep at some point leaving(i.e. pulling out of her driveway or driving down the street)?

Was it his seeing Dana actually get into her Jeep and leave?

Was it his hearing Dana or another persons voice outside(I know the apts/duplex are very close in proximity to one another that actually hearing a neighbor's voice outside would be easily possible)?

I just would like to know more about what EXACTLY THE NEIGHBOR HEARD AND/OR SAW that night at 11:30pm that led him to believe that it was Dana leaving her home?

Dana, where are you?

I was hoping to see some good news....more waiting....

I too would like to question the neighbor!!

I really would like to know more about the neighbor's account of Dana leaving that night at 11:30pm..

What led to him knowing this?

Was it just his hearing her Jeep crank and drive away?

Was it his seeing her Jeep at some point leaving(i.e. pulling out of her driveway or driving down the street)?

Was it his seeing Dana actually get into her Jeep and leave?

Was it his hearing Dana or another persons voice outside(I know the apts/duplex are very close in proximity to one another that actually hearing a neighbor's voice outside would be easily possible)?

I just would like to know more about what EXACTLY THE NEIGHBOR HEARD AND/OR SAW that night at 11:30pm that led him to believe that it was Dana leaving her home?
Yes. That's what I'd like to know, too. And did he hear a knock on the door? Is there a doorbell? Even if someone rang the doorbell, the neighbor should've heard the door open.

I live in a townhouse and can hear people next door coming and going. If I hear any unusual noise in the parking lot, I look out the window. I don't see how someone could get Dana out to the car without making a lot of noise, especially if she was incapacitated. If someone forced her out to the car with a weapon, I would hope she would make as much noise as she could before getting into the car; even start pleading loudly with the person to draw attention.

Was it common for the neighbor to hear Dana/ visitors coming and going late at night? Did Dana keep the screen door locked while she was home?
If someone did take Dana during a home invasion, why? Was he looking for something? No one has said that anything was missing from her apartment or that anything was out of place. Did she go outside to get something out of her car and was ambushed?

IMO, if someone came to her door, this was someone whom Dana knew at least remotely, possibly through work, through her family, or through a neighbor. IMO, she opened her door for him believing he could be trusted because he was a familiar face.

Another question...if Dana was ready for bed, was she wearing a night gown or pajamas? Would her family recognize if it was missing from her apartment (suggesting she left wearing it, which would be very noticeable if anyone saw her that night)? Or did she sleep in sweats, so wouldn't have looked out of place in public?

So many questions. When will we, and Dana's family, have some answers?

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Hope you are home soon, Dana.

Prayers to family and friends.

:please::please::please::please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members