Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something still feels “off” to me.
A Crime of opportunity is usually quick and dump the evidence, creating as much distance as possible between the perp & the crime.
Ransom demands would be within the 1st couple of hours. There is zero chance this person driving the suv (if involved) couldn’t have heard about this case & wouldn’t have ditched the car.
Even stupid criminals wouldn’t stick around. Especially, when finding out this is an affluent family in the area.

Even Molly Tibbs killer (who spoke no English) covered his crime and wasn’t caught for a while.
Idk. Something still doesn’t seem right.

Oh and I think there was more than one person involved.
Many criminals are deeply dumb and/or thoughtless. On this thread yesterday someone posted about the murder of Eve Carson, a UNC student abducted and murdered in 2008. It was a crime of opportunity as the two dudes were trawling the campus area at 330 AM and grabbed her when she was walking to her car. Those criminals were dumb enough to be caught on camera multiple times including going through ATM drive ups trying to withdraw money with her card, while using her car and with her visible in the backseat! After brutally shooting and killing Eve and leaving her in a field, they continued to try to use her ATM card for DAYS, being caught on camera at various convenience stores etc.

Plenty of stories like that one where one might think, how could they think they could get away with this, and yet.

@Mariposa In that case, you said yourself, there was a motive. Money. And she was dumped in a field nearby.
Idk. I just have a bad feeling.
Btw: often, they like to get the family in front of cameras to see if there is any odd behavior.

Edited to add name, not sure why it’s not quoting.

In that case, you said yourself, there was a motive. Money. And she was dumped in a field nearby.
Idk. I just have a bad feeling.
Btw: often, they like to get the family in front of cameras to see if there is any odd behavior.
I respect your opinion, and agree the motive with Eve Carson was robbery. There is also another major criminal motive when women and girls are abducted that is not robbery.

I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread, so forgive me if this has been said. Maybe I've watched too many movies, but I've wondered all along if this was a kidnapping for ransom. There could have been a drop and someone followed, of course they would never make that public. IMO

I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread, so forgive me if this has been said. Maybe I've watched too many movies, but I've wondered all along if this was a kidnapping for ransom. There could have been a drop and someone followed, of course they would never make that public. IMO
If it were a ransom, I highly doubt they would release the info the car was found and she was not.

The abduction event, to the vehicle and male being detained, has been separated by significant time and space.

Sometimes the publics help is not needed and can be a risk to a case (sometimes).

This poor woman…. IMO

I wonder how long until we have a name for the person they are detaining.
I wonder if the man driving the car today could possibly be a relative, friend, or associate of the potential abductor and not the abductor himself. Such as when multiple people may have access and use to the same vehicle. In that case they might need to do more investigating which would delay naming names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234