Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mrspratcher

I posted this yesterday---the TBI used the phrase "abductors were," rather than "abductor was," so IMO it's likely there was more than one person involved. Purely based on whatever videos I imagine TBI had accessed.

Perhaps not, though. Time will tell.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 13
@Mrspratcher

I posted this yesterday---the TBI used the phrase "abductors were," rather than "abductor was," so IMO it's likely there was more than one person involved. Purely based on whatever videos I imagine TBI had accessed.

Perhaps not, though. Time will tell.
Great catch! Abductors plural makes it seem like this was a planned abduction ??

Wow, never have I ever (before) opened a MP FB page and found a "mutual" friend. :oops:
I have a mutual friend with her too. A wonderful guy who works with the homeless here in Denver. She seems like a lovely person. I hope these developments are coming quickly enough that they find her ok.
Jesus, this is terrifying. We actually live in a world where jogging alone is dangerous. I really hope this has a good outcome.
Unfortunately, this has always been true. The Beth Miller case happened almost 40 years ago here in Colorado. Still unsolved. Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller nearly 40 years ago?

Regarding the items seized from the home, were they gardening shears- that a hired gardener might use? Or were they more like household scissors? Do we know?
They are long-handled shears, like for clipping a hedge at arm's length.

"Police found several of Fletcher's belongings at the scene and were told that a male forcefully put her into the dark-colored SUV, later identified as a GMC Terrain, adding that there was a struggle."

So there is a witness, or a camera caught the adduction...<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Police found several of Fletcher's belongings at the scene and were told that a male forcefully put her into the dark-colored SUV, later identified as a GMC Terrain, adding that there was a struggle."

So there is a witness, or a camera caught the adduction...<modsnip>

Are you sure there were actually witnesses?
Maybe police were told by the University campus police or security guards what they saw on video… I don’t think it means that they actually witnessed it happening in the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure there were actually witnesses?
Maybe police were told by the University campus police or security guards what they saw on video… I don’t think it means that they actually witnessed it happening in the moment.
Yeah, I agree. If someone witnessed it, it would have been reported hours before.

"A man has been detained by police in Tennessee in the search for missing mother and billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher"

Wow! "billionaire heiress", this is the first I am hearing this! And they have someone in custody? They found the SUV? Wow things are moving quickly!

I wish they would stop calling her a 'billionaire heiress'. She is one of many grandchildren of a wealthy man. In the end she's a mom. Plain and simple.
I get that media will use the 'hooks' in their headlines and I get that when someone has wealthy realtives a kidnapping for money must be considered, but I think they are just diminishing her as an actual person.

"A man has been detained by police in Tennessee in the search for missing mother and billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher"

Wow! "billionaire heiress", this is the first I am hearing this! And they have someone in custody? They found the SUV? Wow things are moving quickly!
I think it’s typical Daily Mail reporting. My understanding is the family’s retail stores have billions of dollars in sales. That wouldn’t technically make her a billionaire heiress.

The “billionaire heiress” line seems peak Daily Mail IMO… true her late maternal grandfather was president of what sounds like a very successful family business in hardware wholesales and the company has done over a billion dollars in annual revenue. From her social media and MSM accounts she was not living a billionaire lifestyle, both she and her husband went to work regular type jobs every day and their home while lovely is not a vast estate, their vacations seemed fairly modest (Disneyworld, a lake vacation, etc). Not blingy or anything that screams extreme wealth.

I wish they would stop calling her a 'billionaire heiress'. She is one of many grandchildren of a wealthy man. In the end she's a mom. Plain and simple.
I get that media will use the 'hooks' in their headlines and I get that when someone has wealthy realtives a kidnapping for money must be considered, but I think they are just diminishing her as an actual person.

agree. The company is huge, with a CEO, a VP and lots of heirs. There probably is money, given the lavish wedding, but usually it is all tied up in the business. I think the newspapers want to add the glamor edge to it, as they always do, through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee