Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taze perhaps.
LE said "after a brief struggle" she was put in the vehicle. We have no idea what that means. Did he have a weapon? Most likely, because I don't think she would have willingly went into the SUV otherwise. Was she wounded in some way, or just held under threat of a weapon? Two people in vehicle? If so, did LE see two men, not just one? There is a reason we aren't being shown the video.

Attachments

• 60EFA6BC-DFFC-4743-8BCD-FB5D228EBCBE.png
    60EFA6BC-DFFC-4743-8BCD-FB5D228EBCBE.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 5
Given the length of the handles of the shears, it makes me wonder. LE is gloved but is holding them by the grips, where the DNA from a user would most likely be. Wouldn't he more likely hold them from mid-handle if their interest is DNA from the user?

Given the length of the handles of the shears, it makes me wonder. LE is gloved but is holding them by the grips, where the DNA from a user would most likely be. Wouldn't he more likely hold them from mid-handle if their interest is DNA from the user?
Not sure but my thought was maybe they didn’t have a paper bag large enough to put them it. Does seem like that evidence could be contaminated but I guess he has gloves on?

I wonder what the security camera coverage situation is at that apartment complex. The massive LE presence there makes me think it could be a whole crime scene in itself and not just the place the suspect lived, that maybe Eliza was brought there straight after her abduction.

They are very long and very sharp. Perhaps they didn't have an evidence bag that they would fit in, or that they wouldn't rip open with their sharp tips?

Why did they take the shears into evidence? My best guess is that they were either found in a weird place (e.g. in the lawn at the side of the house) or they didn't belong to the family.
In some cases, LE is careful to wrap the seized evidence in brown paper leaving the media and public guessing what it could be. Is it possible LE is intentionally making a show of the pruning shears, sending a message out via TV news?

JMO I would use those long-handled shears for roses bushes, bougainvilla, because of the vicious thorns.

I wonder what the security camera coverage situation is at that apartment complex. The massive LE presence there makes me think it could be a whole crime scene in itself and not just the place the suspect lived, that maybe Eliza was brought there straight after her abduction.
There is yellow tape everywhere and vans of heavily armed LE

Very brazen to keep that vehicle after all of the media attention, very.

well, we actually don’t know a lot more than we do know. The person taken into custody may or may not be the actual abductor. He may or may not be the owner of the vehicle. They may be still looking for a relative of the driver they took into custody perhaps. We don’t know if there were multiple abductors, amd if they are still looking for an accomplice. They may be searching for Eliza. We just don’t know and they certainly aren’t interested in telling us much at this point.

There would very likely be an extremely heavy police presence if the suspects apartment was located here. They would be going thru that place with fifty fine toothed combs
True I guess we don’t know that the man detained lives there at all. Just that the man detained was occupying the vehicle of interest.

There certainly is a reason for that ongoing presence. The detained man must at the least have some connection with the abduction, even if not involved directly imo.
I hope they are doing a very thorough search....boiler room, hidden janitor closets, attics if there are such, etc. You never know. It would be wonderful if Eliza was hidden in that complex, alive. One can hope...

Due to the urgency, I think when someone is kidnapped LE has wide latitude to search and seize items. The shears were probably seized because they obviously could have been be used as a weapon, not because of any specific suspicion about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1