Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail is reporting a standoff at the apartment complex, kicking in a door and bringing aa woman and two kids out.

Also, the guy being "detained" is not under arrest or in custody. They are trying to figure out if he had any involvement in the kidnapping. I think running into a police (ATF) car in a vehicle believed to be involved in a kidnapping would justify detaining the guy but probably would not be probable cause for arrest. Getting into an accident, even with a police car is not necessarily a crime. Maybe our prosecutor posting here can comment.

People are jumping to conclusions here. Something is definitely going on but we don't know if the ATF vehicle was helping in the investigation (seems unlikey) or just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We dont know if the guy was fleeing (seems likely) or just had a regular old traffic accident with the ATF vehicle.

I am pretty impressed with the Memphis police.

And, as an example of why Twitter is not an allowed source, someone tweeted a little while ago that 5 bodies were found at the apartment complex. This is almost certainly untrue.

The Daily Mail is reporting a standoff at the apartment complex, kicking in a door and bringing aa woman and two kids out.

Also, the guy being "detained" is not under arrest or in custody. They are trying to figure out if he had any involvement in the kidnapping. I think running into a police (ATF) car in a vehicle believed to be involved in a kidnapping would justify detaining the guy but probably would not be probable cause for arrest. Getting into an accident, even with a police car is not necessarily a crime. Maybe our prosecutor posting here can comment.

People are jumping to conclusions here. Something is definitely going on but we don't know if the ATF vehicle was helping in the investigation (seems unlikey) or just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We dont know if the guy was fleeing (seems likely) or just had a regular old traffic accident with the ATF vehicle.

I am pretty impressed with the Memphis police.

And, as an example of why Twitter is not an allowed source, someone tweeted a little while ago that 5 bodies were found at the apartment complex. This is almost certainly untrue.
It doesn’t seem unlikely at all to me that ATF is on the scene as a part of this investigation, because FBI is involved and other federal agencies have been reported to be on scene as well as such as US Marshals.

I wish they would just share photos of the person of interest. I bet it would jog some memories if they released it this close to the incident.
Exactly. That said, they have pics of the abduction, so maybe they are very confident about finding him and don’t want to tip their hand?

@MassGuy seems to have a very good feel for how these cases play out… (psst! Do you know why they wouldn’t release image of the perpetrator? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member