Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to. Once he is charged, his mugshot will be available. At that point I'm sure they'll receive tips from people who perhaps encountered him during the timeframe in question.

Law enforcement doesn't typically identify persons of interest or suspects anymore, at least before they are charged.
Help me understand? If they didn’t know who they were dealing with, they would need help identifying perpetrator(s), right?

But they have detained a person (not arrested)… so do you think they know the identity of the abductor, or not?

Sorry if this seems dense…

Help me understand? If they didn’t know who they were dealing with, they would need help identifying perpetrator(s), right?

But they have detained a person (not arrested)… so do you think they know the identity of the abductor, or not?

I believe that the person they detained was the person driving the car. I’d guess that they know his identity—his name, etc. However, at this point, they may not have proof that he’s the abductor. Heck, he might not even be the abductor.

I believe that the person they detained was the person driving the car. I’d guess that they know his identity—his name, etc. However, at this point, they may not have proof that he’s the abductor. Heck, he might not even be the abductor.
This is why I thought they might ask for assistance.

But I guess they already have their man/know who their man is at this point. Just seems odd he’s not arrested if they are so sure.

So when we had radio silence from law enforcement today, I found that to be incredibly unusual. The early hours and days of an investigation like this tend to be pretty chaotic, and there's a lot of activity.

That includes press releases and press conferences. The more help they need, the more they put out.

When that wasn't happening, I took that as a clear sign that they were closing in.

I think they identified a suspect at some point, and today they moved on him. When they said that they believed they had found the vehicle and the driver, that tells you they are pretty sure. Typically they wouldn't release that unless they were very confident (because what if it's not the vehicle)?

Couple that with the collision that seems to have occurred, then that solidifies things for me. This guy was trying to get away (consciousness of guilt).

So I believe that they believe they have their man, and he simply hasn't been charged yet. It's the weekend, and they can hold him for a few days.

Come Tuesday, I expect he'll be charged with something.

In any event, I think we'll have some clarity on this well before then.

Yup, I did see that. This reporter is citing a Facebook post, which isn't typically standard practice. I believe it though.

I am impressed by the Memphis police except for their lack of communication with the public. There is always a balance between integrity of the investigation and reassuring the public. This happened right next to a university. I really think they should be giving regular press briefings.

I am not impressed by the Memphis media. They simply are not on the ball with this story. There is plenty of factual information to report but we are seeing very little of it in MSM in Memphis.

I have a feeling he is just someone who found the car abandoned and took it. Just a feeling, knowing the area of the apartments that it was found in. Robberies and carjackings are typical. High profile kidnappings, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member