Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a long night.......I won't sleep, while waiting on news.
I actually don't think we're going to hear anything. It's getting late, and it's not like law enforcement is going to reveal what, if anything was found.

There's also no rush on charging this guy, even if they are convinced it is him.

The best I'm hoping for is some social media rumors, and maybe a potential name.

Does anyone remember this type of heavily armed multiple agencies involved quickly(on the scene) in a similar abduction case? They are prepared for a major offense. Why? And why was the National Guard called in? This isn't some small town that would need assistance. Would they do that for a missing Federal Witness maybe? I will be very surprised if there is no criminal conspiracy in this case.

From reading the history of the victim's grandfather's philanthropic nature and generous contributions to improving the city of Memphis, I feel they owe it to him, to his legacy, to pull out everything at their disposal in order to find this sweet lady, his precious granddaughter.

Memphis is accustomed to having a copious amount of serious crimes around the clock. Memphis has a field office for the FBI. They are well-equipped. Memphis is a hub for smuggling of all types, humans, drugs, immigrants, etal.

Officials are aware that time is of the essence. Time is not on their side after the first 48 hours.

Their FBI website makes for interesting reading.
Memphis | Federal Bureau of Investigation

I think there is about an 80% chance this is a stranger kidnapping. And no one would expect a runner to have a lot of cash so money was probably not the motivation. That just leaves one thing. The remaining 20% I would ascribe to something to do with her family wealth or being related to a federal judge.

But if her clothes were in the dumpster, which has not been confirmed, I would wonder why? If her body was also in the dumpster we would have heard about it by now on FB and Twitter as soon as the coroner showed up. Why put evidence in two locations? If she was assaulted and killed, why take her clothes? Trophy, maybe, but then why dispose of them? I know, criminals are not smart.

If her clothing was found in the McDonalds dumpster I don't think she is there. I believe she's placed somewhere else.

Clothes might have both her DNA, (proving that they’re hers,) and the DNA of a suspect—proving that he had contact with her. That’s extremely meaningful if this is a stranger-abduction

Things tend to happen at a very rapid pace when a high profile heiress is involved. Money talks, sadly.
While we do all know "Money talks" look at what this case had -- video footage of her being accosted and abducted, put into a vehicle against her will. Most cases, they have to weed through paper work, leg work, talk to everyone who MIGHT have a hint or clue what was going on with the missing person -- who BTW could not even be reported missing for what 24, 48 hours? THEY HAVE A CRIME ON FILM. To attempt to save a life, they've used every person, every possibility of a big town. These circumstances are extraordinary.

I think there is about an 80% chance this is a stranger kidnapping. And no one would expect a runner to have a lot of cash so money was probably not the motivation. That just leaves one thing. The remaining 20% I would ascribe to something to do with her family wealth or being related to a federal judge.

But if her clothes were in the dumpster, which has not been confirmed, I would wonder why? If her body was also in the dumpster we would have heard about it by now on FB and Twitter as soon as the coroner showed up. Why put evidence in two locations? If she was assaulted and killed, why take her clothes? Trophy, maybe, but then why dispose of them? I know, criminals are not smart.
Especially disposing them in such a public area? I'm not from the area, but by the looks of it on Google Maps, it looks heavily populated and well traveled. I don't see the logic of disposing of her clothing here. But, again, criminals are indeed, stupid.

If this crime was in fact sexually motivated, which I think is overwhelmingly likely, then her clothing being removed makes sense.

So he'd dump her body in once location, and dump additional evidence elsewhere (clothing, items used to clean up, etc).

Especially disposing them in such a public area? I'm not from the area, but by the looks of it on Google Maps, it looks heavily populated and well traveled. I don't see the logic of disposing of her clothing here. But, again, criminals are indeed, stupid.
Different types of killers, but Fotis Dulos dumped bloody items in multiple trash cans right in the middle of town.

Much of it was caught on camera.

Barry Morphew did the same, dumping evidence in multiple dumpsters in public areas.

You're not going to dump this stuff in your own trash, so a public dumpster makes a lot of sense.

Different types of killers, but Fotis Dulos dumped bloody items in multiple trash cans right in the middle of town.

Much of it was caught on camera.

Barry Morphew did the same, dumping evidence in multiple dumpsters in public areas.

You're not going to dump this stuff in your own trash, so a public dumpster makes a lot of sense.
Very true! It's all just baffling to me!

Very true! It's all just baffling to me!
Those guys didn't want to put all their eggs in one basket. A guy like this though, who knows. He committed a really brazen crime, and If you're going to take a risk like that, you might not be overly concerned with using one dumpster.

I have thought since I started following this crime that it was not random, but your post has me thinking that it could be a stranger kidnapping. So on this note, why wouldn’t the police be issuing a warning to the people of Memphis about it?

Yes, I was initially confused as media report or maybe it was LE said it was a van? But it's not, the picture on the tow truck shows a *white Cadillac Escalade*.

What is the source of the quote? I thought it was a Jeep.

Might have felt things closing in. Couldn't drive far in vehicle everyone in town is looking for. Felt having clothing off his/her person and even a little distance was better than being caught with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025