Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s pause and reserve on conclusions. This is an apartment complex where a 3BR goes for $995 despite being in one of the hottest states for rent growth in the entire country … this is what people in multifamily real estate investment call a Class C, which generally a neighborhood where many are working on improving their lives, but by and large residents have histories and warrants and unpaid fines and the like. This is a place where a stolen car might reappear and where people are frightened of law enforcement with tanks and helis. Let’s see what a bit of time reveals.
That crossed my mind also. The abductors could have abandoned the vehicle with keys, knowing someone would steal it. I hope I am wrong though and answers come soon.

There are far too many TOS violations in this discussion.

Read The Rules that Websleuths has in place folks or thread reply bans or Time Outs will be issued.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

LINKS and REFERENCING OUTSIDE SOURCES

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors and conspiracy theories are not allowed. Do not link to them and do not mention them.

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is only your opinion, please make that clear in your post so that opinions do not become rumors attributed to Websleuths as the source.

NOTE: Blanket disclaimers in signatures that posts are your opinion are not sufficient as signatures are not visible to guests or members who are not logged in.

Quoting an outside source is allowed when the content is intended to substantiate a post. Examples are a snipped portion of a mainstream media (MSM) news article or a legal or scholarly article. While Websleuths does not prohibit quotes from sources outside of WS, we reserve the right to remove the quote and link if the source is deemed inappropriate. Random blogs and podcasts are not allowed without prior approval by a Mod or Admin.

NOTE: When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images. All images require a link to the source.

When discussing video content, a link must be provided to the source and also include an approximate timestamp so that other members and Websleuths staff don't have to wade through hours of content to find what is being discussed.

If you aren't sure a source is approved, please private message a Mod or Admin before posting to ask. Don't just post "Mods please delete if not allowed". We may not see your post for weeks, meanwhile it has introduced non-approved information into the discussion, requiring massive cleanups or thread closures.

WHY would they remove lawn shears from her home? I get the computer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, they're looking for forensics to prove or disprove by lack of evidence. But LAWN SHEARS? Thoughts?

Police Towed a Vehicle & Removed Lawn Shears & a Computer From The Home of Richie & Eliza Fletcher​

Looking for DNA?

Yikes. I've been away all day and caught up in page order, then reached the part where someone was detained, as well as the suspect vehicle, but no Liza.

We have, all of us, been around this block too many times before. It does not look promising for a happy resolution.

I'm going to say it's still going to be a stranger abduction---but whether it was random, premeditated, or for ransom since her family is wealthy, or for the usual reason men pounce on women, I have no idea.

God help this family.

There are far too many TOS violations in this discussion.

Read The Rules that Websleuths has in place folks or thread reply bans or Time Outs will be issued.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

LINKS and REFERENCING OUTSIDE SOURCES

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors and conspiracy theories are not allowed. Do not link to them and do not mention them.

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is only your opinion, please make that clear in your post so that opinions do not become rumors attributed to Websleuths as the source.

NOTE: Blanket disclaimers in signatures that posts are your opinion are not sufficient as signatures are not visible to guests or members who are not logged in.

Quoting an outside source is allowed when the content is intended to substantiate a post. Examples are a snipped portion of a mainstream media (MSM) news article or a legal or scholarly article. While Websleuths does not prohibit quotes from sources outside of WS, we reserve the right to remove the quote and link if the source is deemed inappropriate. Random blogs and podcasts are not allowed without prior approval by a Mod or Admin.

NOTE: When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images. All images require a link to the source.

When discussing video content, a link must be provided to the source and also include an approximate timestamp so that other members and Websleuths staff don't have to wade through hours of content to find what is being discussed.

If you aren't sure a source is approved, please private message a Mod or Admin before posting to ask. Don't just post "Mods please delete if not allowed". We may not see your post for weeks, meanwhile it has introduced non-approved information into the discussion, requiring massive cleanups or thread closures.
Reposting so we don't get this thread shut down. Please don't link to random social media posts unless it's confirmed information.

Something still feels “off” to me.
A Crime of opportunity is usually quick and dump the evidence, creating as much distance as possible between the perp & the crime.
Ransom demands would be within the 1st couple of hours. There is zero chance this person driving the suv (if involved) couldn’t have heard about this case & wouldn’t have ditched the car.
Even stupid criminals wouldn’t stick around. Especially, when finding out this is an affluent family in the area.

Even Molly Tibbs killer (who spoke no English) covered his crime and wasn’t caught for a while.
Idk. Something still doesn’t seem right.

Oh and I think there was more than one person involved.
+1. I’m thinking the person was known to her, not a simple crime of opportunity. I am thinking there’s evidence of obsession/stalking on her computer (that was seized as evidence). MOO.

Hoping for a miracle for this family and those two little boys.

+1. I’m thinking the person was known to her, not a simple crime of opportunity. I am thinking there’s evidence of obsession/stalking on her computer (that was seized as evidence). MOO.
I think they were most likely just covering their bases, and all of that is going to amount to nothing (except for her DNA that I imagine they gathered from a toothbrush or something).

I believe they were finally able to identify the vehicle, and it came at some point after that.

Not the news I signed on to tonight hoping to hear. Good police work, but the fact they have not found Eliza does not sound good. Her poor family. I couldn't even watch the video. I apologize for speculating on the husband. Maybe I've been too right on in the past about other husbands and saw this -- a run at 4:30am as the perfect time for something like this to be staged by someone she knew. I'm sure I was wrong. Yet another random attack against a woman out exercising alone. Absolutely sickening.. I feel so terribly for her family and especially her young children if they have to grow up without their wonderful mother. Saying prayers and still hoping against hope Eliza is found. Sorry again for any speculation

Maybe I am being naive here, but I just don't see someone driving around at 4:30 AM looking to abduct someone at random. This feels intentional and planned out to me. MOO.
It might be planned out, but not necessarily either. Personal experience, when I was younger I jogged starting in the early morning, at 5 a.m. One morning someone drove by in a car and stopped, tried to rob me. I got away and called the cops with a vehicle description and a partial license plate. The cops caught him, and it turned out he was a high-functioning crackhead looking to get the money to keep his high going. The point is, at 4:30 in the morning it could be a druggie who impulsively wanted to kidnap a young woman for sex crime purposes although I pray that is not the case here.

I think they were most likely just covering their bases, and all of that is coming to amount to nothing.

I think they were finally able to identify the vehicle, and it came at some point after that.
So you think random stranger driving by saw her and snatched her? Even if there were 2 people in the suspect vehicle?

Interesting.

I think they were most likely just covering their bases, and all of that is coming to amount to nothing.

I think they were finally able to identify the vehicle, and it came at some point after that.

I wonder if they were aided by gleaning various surveillance footage from the area. That would take some time to complete but it would certainly yield an idea about which direction the vehicle took as it left the scene, as well as a closer look at the vehicle's identifying features, such as partial or full tag numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee