Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Anyone else get the feeling this isn't the last were gonna hear about him.. My gut tells me they are gonna find more women murdered by this guy.
I have been pondering this thought as well. But, I stop and also think perhaps this was his first and last. My reasoning for thinking this is his first time is due to the way he left her. She was left in a neighborhood, out in the open elements, not much effort went into concealing his crime against her. Had he not been apprehended so quickly I think he would certainly act again on his impulses. One thing I do think we will learn about this case is that it was extremely violent in nature.

Screenshots from Google Maps of 1666 Victor (From Person Ave):
View attachment 364640
View attachment 364641

According to the description, it seems she was found behind/next to the house's back steps. on google maps it's barely even 30-40 feet from the intersection. so brazen. RIP Eliza
I took this screenshot from Google Images and can't make sense of this. The affidavit says officers followed tracks through tall grass, detected an odor and found an unresponsive female to the right of the steps. Look how close the other houses are. I don't understand how a human body could lie in that location undetected for 4 days. This is the image from Feb 2022 so I expect there is a whole lot more greenery there at the moment, but still. Unbelievable.
1662495060140.png

I took this screenshot from Google Images and can't make sense of this. The affidavit says officers followed tracks through tall grass, detected an odor and found an unresponsive female to the right of the steps. Look how close the other houses are. I don't understand how a human body could lie in that location undetected for 4 days. This is the image from Feb 2022 so I expect there is a whole lot more greenery there at the moment, but still. Unbelievable.
View attachment 364653
If you look at the most recent Daily Mail article linked above, it has current photos of the police working there and the empty lot between the house and the street is much more overgrown than shown on the Google image.

Edit - here is a link to the article: Police charge felon with murder of billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher

This is a snippet from the Daily Mail article about Eliza and the first kidnap victim:

"In his victim impact statement, Durand, who died in 2013, said he feared for his life during his kidnapping, where he was rescued by a nearby Memphis Housing Authority guard who heard his scream for help, the Commercial Appeal reported.

'It is quite likely that I would have been killed had I not escaped,' Durand wrote."

Now I'm wondering if that Memphis Housing Authority guard who rescued Kemper Durand is still around.

That happened 22 years ago, when CA was 16, right?

If he's still around I'd like to know what he has to say. Maybe he can show up in court if he would like, just to remind CA that there are people who remember his actions way back when.

I hope he was given all the credit he deserves for rescuing Durand all those years ago, and enabling CA to be locked up for 22 years. (If only it had been forever).

If you look at the most recent Daily Mail article linked above, it has current photos of the police working there and the empty lot between the house and the street is much more overgrown than shown on the Google image.

Edit - here is a link to the article: Police charge felon with murder of billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher
Thank you, the pictures in the Daily Mail article you linked to really show the current state of that property and the tall grass by the steps.

I have been pondering this thought as well. But, I stop and also think perhaps this was his first and last. My reasoning for thinking this is his first time is due to the way he left her. She was left in a neighborhood, out in the open elements, not much effort went into concealing his crime against her. Had he not been apprehended so quickly I think he would certainly act again on his impulses. One thing I do think we will learn about this case is that it was extremely violent in nature.
it was not his first he did over 20 years for a similar offence when he was much much younger. So this makes me wonder was this his second time or is this just who he is and there is more to the story of what he may have done aside from these two cases.

From the Daily Mail article as well as the Parker King tweets, you can tell the grass at least on the side of the house (along Person Ave) was over 3-4 feet tall. Looks completely different than Google Maps. Still terrifyingly close to the road and other people's homes, though...

This guy could have picked any field,forest,or vacant property to dump a body but he had to pick that particular home what THAT address.
Truly! Open crawl space right there. He literally took more care of disposing of her running shorts than he did her. I hope if this goes to the jury that prosecution drives home his absolute disregard for a human being on so many levels. He is an animal.
1662496219600.png

IMO, it was much a crime of opportunity by a culprit that was intelligence challenged. So his lack of a plan for concealment is not surprising.

View attachment 364653
Often times people living in high crime areas may see or suspect something but stay silent because they fear retribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member