Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Jaglois
@JessicaJagsTV
·
8h

Exclusive in the #ElizaFletcher case: Suspect Cleotha Abston's juvenile court records show he was detained 16 times between ages 11 and 16. He was charged with rape at age 15. His dad was incarcerated when he was a child and still is. Details at 6p on
@WMCActionNews5

Well, I agree with the governor: If he had served his full sentence, Eliza Fletcher would MOST CERTAINLY be alive today. (Because charming Abston would still be in prison.)

Also, the DA claiming he doesn’t believe in long sentences but more “rehabilitation”: Well, yeah. But some people aren’t rehab-able. (Is that a word?)

Seriously, folks. Does anyone believe that this guy is ever going to change and become a good person? Some people have the conditions to do so, but many simply don’t. They have zero interest; have spent a lifetime among nothing but bad influences; have little self control/impulse control and maybe low intelligence on top of it.

Posters here often ask why Abston would risk going back to prison so soon after his release. What was he thinking? Um, he wasn’t. He doesn’t think. He wanted something, he took it. He got angry, he lashed out.

We either have to have the stomach to send some people to the gallows or to lock them up and throw away the key. Otherwise, there will always be Eliza Fletchers, viciously maimed, murdered, and thrown away like so much trash, yet another incident on the long, long, rap sheet of a relentlessly violent, lifetime criminal.

Rehabilitation is great for people who have it in them, but to view all criminals with the same lens is simply unrealistic. And dangerous.

This is goinf to sound terrible, but I just want to make this clear: If you've been trained in self.defense- it does not matter- if a much larger man attacks a woman - her best fight won't work- unless she's one of the lucky few- we usually hear about those women woman fights off attacker- rarely. We can convince ourselves all we want, but in my own experience, and I do have the dreaded expeeience- I always thought I was a tough cookie- I'd take a mf down if he attacked me- nope- I was like a China doll. Me- unbelievable. I was no match especially if your not on a gym mat expecting to strike. It comes out of nowhere, there is no time. You do your best and hopefully they run off bc you're not an easy mark- but that's just not often the case.
Just wanted to reply to this to draw attention to it. This is so true!

So important to realize.

The school wrote in a follow-up tweet: "We continue to draw strength from our all-school read, 'The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse' by Charlie Mackesy. 'We don't know about tomorrow,' said the horse, 'all we need to know is that we love each other.'"

1662554285833.png
It is a story of friendship, relationships and life lessons for people of all ages. These unlikely characters discuss life, forgiveness, and the journey we all take on this earth.

You are assuming "something is wrong with him"-- perhaps low IQ, perhaps some sort of mental illness? sorry to say I don't need to hear excuses- lots of people out there with low IQs and mental illness don't become habitual criminals and then finish it off with murdering a young woman on a jog. Why he did it is an answered question for me: He has a certain mindset- perhaps impulsive- he had an urge to commit violence that probably included sexual assault- he felt the urge to kill and he did it. I just want him either to get the death penalty or put away for life so he cannot commit any further acts of violence.
I am not stating anything. I am wondering if in 1995, when he got first arrest, at 12, diagnosis, prevention and rehabilitation would be still possible. Now, not at all.

I carry one of these. Hooked on my keychain or belt or tucked in my cleavage. It is exquisitely sharp and will do serious damage. Not only against a human attacker but also the aggressive dogs in the neighborhood.

ETA: You wrap your fingers around it and make a fist. The blade part projects out from there.

View attachment 364754
With any weapon you carry, you need to keep in mind that it can be taken and used against you.

Seriously, folks. Does anyone believe that this guy is ever going to change and become a good person? Some people have the conditions to do so, but many simply don’t. They have zero interest; have spent a lifetime among nothing but bad influences; have little self control/impulse control and maybe low intelligence on top of it.
^^rsbm

Reportedly, CA was released early from his 24 yr sentence in Nov 2020. He's said to have a mother and brother, locally, and had family support both when he was inside and when he came out. He had a job, and access to a nice vehicle. But it wasn't enough. CA did not want to work and earn his own way. He thought he was entitled to get something for nothing when he stole a woman's credit card out of her purse just days before he ended the life of EF, a mother, wife, daughter, sister, teacher, Christian, and friend. Her life was not his to take. I don't care if he goes back to prison and becomes a good person or evolves into Mother Theresa reincarnate. What I care about is that CA is removed from society and lives in a cage that suits him. Good riddance -- once and for all. :mad:

Gavin De Becker's book, "The Gift of Fear" is a must read. We've discussed it many times over the years I've been here, but not so much anymore. It's still relevant, now more than ever.
Yes! I've given this book as a gift many times. Gavin also recommends "When Violence Is the Answer" by Tim Larkin. It is excellent.

I'll risk being off-topic, hopefully, every death like this will save other lives, and someone will decide to never jog alone and only where they are in plain view of others. Jog where there aren't bushes for concealment. Blitz attack opportunities can be lessened, head on a swivel, and all that.
Sometimes when a person is loving and trustworthy and has a big heart, like Eliza, they think most others are, too. That is perhaps a little naive but at 34 years old, perhaps she preferred not to have a hardened heart.

JMO

Just wanted to reply to this to draw attention to it. This is so true!

So important to realize.
I really believe some people have an innate sense to detect danger when it is lurking. Sort of like a 6th sense. Its some type of inner radar. There may be a name for it, I don't know. I know its hindsight but if Liza had been aware of this car lurking with its lights on, I wish she had noticed it, and had the wherewithal to go hide somewhere so he couldn't find her. This is the stuff that keeps me up all night. :(

It was said the the bicyclist found the shattered phone and returned it to Richie, Eliza's husband. My question is how did he know that it was her phone?
was there some DNA checking or other factors involved.
I've been following this case from the start but no one seems to mention (on YouTube) how did the cyclist know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC