Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given his crimes, something has to be wrong with him. Not excusing any of his actions and I am not saying it's insanity or that he has any type of insanity defense, but what he did is really the most horrific of crimes. Something really might be going on with him that needs addressed for his own safety and for those in the jail dealing with him.
Sounds to me like a rage killing---He saw her, violentlyTook
Her and quickly murdered her, dumping her body like garbage--
Quickly . He did all these horrible acts carelessly,leaving
Clues all over like he lost control, causing him to make
Mistakes and get caught quickly. I believe he was
Driven to kill at that moment by an uncontrollable
Urge for violent sex and an urge to kill as well. JMO

that

Do we care at this point why the computer, car and shears were removed from the home? Does it no longer matter?
As for the car & computer, I suspect they were taken initially to rule out (or rule in) any possible connection to anyone employed by the family, threats to the family, etc.

As for the garden shears, they weren't being handled as evidence in the pics we've seen so I don't think they were, despite the MSM claims.

Do we care at this point why the computer, car and shears were removed from the home? Does it no longer matter?
Don't you think they may have been irrelevant all the time? Let's hope they were examined as originally intended: the computer and car to see if her path might have crossed that of her kidnapper and the shears perhaps because maybe they really had had a new gardener who handled them, but who wasn't involved in what happened to her. If they were relevant, I believe we'll hear about them being tied in to the case.

Did Eliza run the same route weekly? Maybe one day a week? As a runner I found that I grooved into about 3-5 different routes per week. Was there a schedule? He looked like he was waiting specifically for her at my first gut instinct. I continue to find the ransom kidnapping in his past and the fact Eliza was an heiress too coincidental. Any development regarding SA would change my mind... possibly.

Earlier in the thread, maybe on thread #3, someone posted, that his schedule was 10 pm to 2 a.m., or thereabouts.
Thanks. I don't recall that and don't know if it was confirmed/linked or speculated, but regardless, there are many job and proclivity configurations that could put him on the street ~4am.
And that question about his work schedule,and his driving around after work reminds me; the car belonged to a woman he was living with: a gf? A relative? She's been awefully quiet in the aftermath of this. I think she spoke to police early on, confirming it was her car, but we haven't heard anything from her since, that I'm aware of. <modsnip>
Re the housemate/relative/gf -- hopefully she has spoken with LE. I wouldn't expect any of that to be made public until the trial. At least I hope not.

<modsnip>
IMO for the computer and car it's easy to imagine a variety of possible reasons why forensic data would be relevant to confirming what when down, ruling in or out various specifics etc. But I admit I am still very curious about the shears and hope eventually the reasoning is made known. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very suspicious of his 'on paper' law abiding status over the last 2 years. I'm just not buying it. He supposedly serves 20 years, comes out and walks the straight and narrow for 2 years, and then in 2 days, steals a woman's credit card, runs up $900+ in charges on it, and commits murder after lying in wait?? No. I think he committed many more crimes over the past 2 years.
I'm like you -- can not imagine that he controlled himself and walked the straight and narrow. I'm wondering if at this stage, LE might look for missing people they've had no results with and NOW THAT THEY know, re-examine cases. You would think they would want to solve outstanding cases. There should be a unit for that. Wonder if there is?

I know some people don’t like The Daily Mail but their video shows exactly where Eliza was found.

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in some time. I agree with @Cedarsage, while Daily <modnote - Mail. NO DEROGATORY NAME CHANGES, EVEN FOR MEDIA> does not get the facts straight, they make up for it in their photos. DM always gets the best images.

This is not the outcome we all hoped for. I do not even want to imagine what Eliza went through. May God give her family the strength to navigate this nightmare. I feel for her husband and those two adorable young boys. Life is not fair...

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
It was confirmed by the owner of the company. He was working at the movie theater on 8/31,9/1. We don't have any idea how hard he worked.
He may have been on his way home from an overnight cleaning job?

Speculation MOO
Look at this map of where that Malco theater is, vs where CA lives (Waterstone Oak Way), vs where brother is (S Orleans St). The purple dot in the middle is where he abducted EF. He had no business being there at that hour. Was out of his way home, and out of the way to CA's brothers as well. He went to U of M superficially to hurt someone now that school is back in session...IMO.
Screenshot 2022-09-07 174805.png

It's still unclear to me though when exactly CA stole the wallet from the September 1 police report. Was it on 8/31 or on 9/1? I haven't be able to find that police report to confirm.

If the theft was on 8/31, and then a police report followed on 9/1, I don't think CA's boss would send CA on his daily late night shift to that same Malco directly following the police report. Right? Malco would tell him to leave immediately so I'm a bit confused by that. But also perhaps CA was directed to another client the night of 9/1 (earlier in the evening before abducting EF), and was still getting off work around 2am.

Perhaps. But the foul smell must have been outside the range of the usual foul if LE was able to differentiate it from the usual foul and follow it to its source. jmo
I have never experienced the smell of a human decomposing body and I pray I never do:confused:. All I have ever heard is once you do experience the smell, you will never forget the distinct odor. This is heartbreaking and just serves as a reminder to enjoy each hour we have because we will never know when it is out last. RIP Eliza, I am sure you are amongst the angels and will watch over your family.

JMO

CA's criminal history is so varied it's hard to pin down what his motives might be. There is theft, rape against a male, kidnapping of a male (although with an apparent financial motive), and now kidnapping and murder of a female... It seems nobody is safe from him.

Violence motivated him. All of his serious crimes hurt, damaged and ultimately destroyed. imo

Look at this map of where that Malco theater is, vs where CA lives (Waterstone Oak Way), vs where brother is (S Orleans St). The purple dot in the middle is where he abducted EF. He had no business being there at that hour. Was out of his way home, and out of the way to CA's brothers as well. He went to U of M superficially to hurt someone now that school is back in session...IMO.
View attachment 364900

It's still unclear to me though when exactly CA stole the wallet from the September 1 police report. Was it on 8/31 or on 9/1? I haven't be able to find that police report to confirm.

If the theft was on 8/31, and then a police report followed on 9/1, I don't think CA's boss would send CA on his daily late night shift to that same Malco directly following the police report. Right? Malco would tell him to leave immediately so I'm a bit confused by that. But also perhaps CA was directed to another client the night of 9/1 (earlier in the evening before abducting EF), and was still getting off work around 2am.
I don't think we have any reason to assume that CA was cleaning the theater the night before he grabbed EF.

He may have worked cleaning a variety of places, maybe on a repeating schedule, maybe not.

I do recall reading, early in the thread, speculation that the wallet-stealing episode was probably going to lead to him losing his job and/or going back to jail, but whether the process had proceeded along enough for him to have already been let go by that night, I don't think we know.

But you bring up a good point. Maybe he had already been fired and had no schedule whatsoever. We just don't know.

View attachment 364900

I think you are right but he was working a night shift cleaning the theater the night of 8/31 that turned into 9/1. Then he apparently used the card after work, the owner reported it when she started getting text alerts that it was being used, police investigated, then I think they arrested him the evening of 9/1. There may not have been time to fire him. I can't believe that she would keep him on after he stole but we just don't have any information and the timing would be tight.

Thanks. I don't recall that and don't know if it was confirmed/linked or speculated, but regardless, there are many job and proclivity configurations that could put him on the street ~4am.

Re the housemate/relative/gf -- hopefully she has spoken with LE. I wouldn't expect any of that to be made public until the trial. At least I hope not.

<modsnip>

IMO for the computer and car it's easy to imagine a variety of possible reasons why forensic data would be relevant to confirming what when down, ruling in or out various specifics etc. But I admit I am still very curious about the shears and hope eventually the reasoning i
The uncle spoke in two separate articles in the Daily Mail about the mom.

Violence motivated him. All of his serious crimes hurt, damaged and ultimately destroyed. imo

I actually think that the motivation was sex. It seems like this guy was such a loser, no one was interested in him. The autopsy results should give more information. The fact that her Lulumon shorts were ripped off and found away from her body is disturbing.

2 things. :)

1. Someone (not me) needs to contact a reporter about this rumored June theft charge. Maybe they can find out if it's true or not.

2. The more I think about CA raping another male when he was only 14, the more bewildered I become. This guy is not your run of the mill juvenile offender.

JMO

I actually think that the motivation was sex. It seems like this guy was such a loser, no one was interested in him. The autopsy results should give more information. The fact that her Lulumon shorts were ripped off and found away from her body is disturbing.

Isn't rape a crime of violence? (ETA: violently taking what one cannot have)

Last edited:
It was said the the bicyclist found the shattered phone and returned it to Richie, Eliza's husband. My question is how did he know that it was her phone?
was there some DNA checking or other factors involved.
I've been following this case from the start but no one seems to mention (on YouTube) how did the cyclist know?
iPhones allow someone to call an ICE (in case of emergency) contact on a locked phone. In addition to 911.

Gavin De Becker's book, "The Gift of Fear" is a must read. We've discussed it many times over the years I've been here, but not so much anymore. It's still relevant, now more than ever.
I have this book @ Knox, I highly recommend it as well. Always listen to your gut instinct. That sick feeling you get happens for a reason, never ignore it!! It could save your life.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member