Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Sex has little to with rape. Rape is about violent control and being able to do to someone anything they please.

JMO
This wasn’t simple rape. It was a sexually motivated killing. He may have raped her (about power, sure), but this case all the hallmarks of a sexually motivated murder (possibly even a serial—MOO). MOO, but my money is 100% on this being a sexual thrill for this creep as it would be for most types of SK.

It has not been proven that this guy is a SK, but we do have him having committed SA and kidnapping in the past—> I think it is *highly* likely he has committed other SA/possible kidnappings/possible murders that we don’t yet know about.

Interesting! I mentioned yesterday that I thought there are more cameras at the complex with different angles. I can't believe that LE didn't ask the manager for all videos. JMO
Do they already have SO much other evidence it seemed… incidental? (kidding kinda) JMO

Last edited:
While I agree, I don't think we will see that for a while. I think they will do a deep and thorough study of his phone pings and see if he was in the area of a prior crime at the same time. There is no reason to bargain with him until they have used other tools.
I agree with you. They are telling him right now that he’s getting the DP, no questions asked.
I just meant that there are two mountains of evidence against the guy. His *only* hope is the tiniest of tiny ones, and even then, not very likely.

This wasn’t simple rape. It was a sexually motivated killing. He may have raped her (about power, sure), but this case all the hallmarks of a sexually motivated murder (possibly even a serial—MOO). MOO, but my money is 100% on this being a sexual thrill for this creep as it would be for most types of SK.

It has not been proven that this guy is a SK, but we do have him having committed SA and kidnapping in the past—> I think it is *highly* likely he has committed other SA/possible kidnappings/possible murders that we don’t yet know about.

Understood. Having said that- rape is violent, especially when it results in a murder.
For many of these perps, there is deep sexual gratification received because of the violence and the fulfillment in controlling another person.

JMO

Whatever he did during this crime AND his serious crimes of the past are important regarding criminal charges but ALL of it boils down to violence. I don't know if I've ever considered rape as "simple". jmo

Interesting! I mentioned yesterday that I thought there are more cameras at the complex with different angles. I can't believe that LE didn't ask the manager for all videos. JMO
I suspect they would have. Things have moved so quickly and information come in so fast, it's no wonder they haven't had time to cross all the ts and dot all the Is. I think they will. The LE response has been amazing so far.

I have been reading along, you all are amazing!
Three questions:
1) I am in the medical field and know close to nothing about the law. Can a perp try to plead guilty to avoid the DP and the DA say “nope, sorry, going to trial so you get it”?
2) Do we know if EF ran from her home or drove to a perhaps a fave running route? I’m just wondering if she lived in the area close to U of M and how much other crime happens in that specific area. I know the universities in my (big) city are surrounded by areas known for high crime, and given what we know of her finances I would be surprised if she chose to live in a high crime neighborhood
3) Anyone know the name of a specific app that some have mentioned that allows you to send an instant SOS? I’m a runner and sounds like something I should have.
RIP Eliza

Im a female and runner. I belong to some female running FB groups. Tonight, my fb feed is going crazy with women forming running groups to finish Eliza’s run on Friday morning.
I think it is awesome that so many people are doing this. I hope a LOT of local non-runners turn out to cheer you on! If I were near Memphis I sure as heck would be there.

Three questions:
1) I am in the medical field and know close to nothing about the law. Can a perp try to plead guilty to avoid the DP and the DA say “nope, sorry, going to trial so you get it”?
I think he can plead guilty but there is still a jury trial for the punishment phase. I am fairly certain that in every state only a jury can impose the death penalty these days.

Three questions:
2) Do we know if EF ran from her home or drove to a perhaps a fave running route? I’m just wondering if she lived in the area close to U of M and how much other crime happens in that specific area. I know the universities in my (big) city are surrounded by areas known for high crime, and given what we know of her finances I would be surprised if she chose to live in a high crime neighborhood
3) Anyone know the name of a specific app that some have mentioned that allows you to send an instant SOS? I’m a runner and sounds like something I should have.
RIP Eliza
My Garmin watch has this feature and good on them for reminding me to set it up today.

Apparently Apple watches have something similar.

It seems CA/H was familiar with the area where he dumped the body. As a juvenile he was a member of a gang called Lemoyne Gardens Gangstas. The Lemoyne Gardens site is about 2 miles from the dump site. Lemoyne Gardens was a housing project that has since been torn down.

ETA: The bit about Lemoyne Gardens being a housing project.

Last edited:
The timeline is interesting here. A lot of impulsive acts.
1. Credit card theft on September 1, 2022. Woman reported this to the police.
2. Morning of September 2, 2022, Eliza is kidnapped.

Wonder what set this series of events? He doesn't bother to hide the body, yet he washes his clothes in the sink. Strange disconnect here.

It is noted in the article below that the police were aware of the theft and that the perpetrator had done it. But he was not arrested at that time.

Of note, if he does get the death penalty, this will be his new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling