Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vehicle did not belong to her. It belonged to a person he was living with whose initials are GB, It is in the original complaint affidavit for his arrest. The cleaning business appears to be legit, could be a friend but was a "real job."
Has it been confirmed that he really worked this real job?

The vehicle did not belong to her. It belonged to a person he was living with whose initials are GB, It is in the original complaint affidavit for his arrest. The cleaning business appears to be legit, could be a friend but was a "real job."
I read the affidavit - I thought someone said it was friends business. All the jobs I have had, including cleaning jobs in my younger years, I had to work on Fridays so I wouldn’t have been out prowling at 4am - which is why I suspect it wasn’t a “real” job to him.

Has it been confirmed that he really worked this real job?
I'm very suspicious of his 'on paper' law abiding status over the last 2 years. I'm just not buying it. He supposedly serves 20 years, comes out and walks the straight and narrow for 2 years, and then in 2 days, steals a woman's credit card, runs up $900+ in charges on it, and commits murder after lying in wait?? No. I think he committed many more crimes over the past 2 years.

HE SERVED HIS ENTIRE SENTENCE OF 20 years. He was not released early, was not paroled etc. it is customary to serve 85% and he did. <modsnip> He was not let out, a 20 year sentence for a juvenile is extremely harsh sentencing. There is nothing <modnsnip> saying he should have been LWOP at that age. He was sentenced and served that sentence according to the law at the time.
From what I’ve read, you are correct.

CA served his sentence for a violent gun-related kidnapping as a young teen.

We don’t know his history as a prior juvie violent offender but reports allude to prior violence.

And our justice system just lets him released as a person in his 30s without any monitoring, job, or follow up? Sickening.

I cannot wait to see his prison write-ups. Is a news station foia-ing them?

I'm very suspicious of his 'on paper' law abiding status over the last 2 years. I'm just not buying it. He supposedly serves 20 years, comes out and walks the straight and narrow for 2 years, and then in 2 days, steals a woman's credit card, runs up $900+ in charges on it, and commits murder after lying in wait?? No. I think he committed many more crimes over the past 2 years.
I agree. i’m sure he did more. He just didn’t get caught.

I have no doubt in my mind he started committing crimes as soon as he got out of prison. We just don't have any records of it.

This is a beautiful and righteously angry sentiment.

Unfortunately, crime is part of the human condition.

Even the original Good Samaritan was a man who came across another man who was robbed on a road, stripped of his clothing, beaten almost to death, and left in the road to die.

I do agree that a (peaceful) revolution is needed to address legislation that frees criminals who are almost certain to be recidivists. There are centuries of empirical evidence proving this to be statistically true.

Until then I don't think we have much recourse but to continue to do our best to avoid precarious situations.

Of course Eliza SHOULD still be waking up early if she so chose and going for her run. She should still be with her family and getting ready for a new crop of students this year.

I agree that mass demonstrations (peaceful), petitions, letter-writing campaigns, and voting for poiticians who share our values may help to change some laws regarding crime and punishment.

But crime will never end.

I cry for Eliza and I cry for her family. We all know there are so many victims everywhere of whom we have never heard, because they haven't gotten the attention that Eliza Fletcher or Gabby Petito have. IMO that's on the media.

There are always going to be Jack the Rippers out there. There are bad seeds everywhere.

No, we don't want to be cloistered at home. I have a 40-year old daughter, a nearly 18-year old granddaughter, a nearly 8-year old granddaughter and a 9-year old grandson. A 26 year old niece. A sister, a mother and father. I worry endlessly about all of them.

I want Eliza to have enjoyed her run and continued on with her day. But the reality is that I wish even more she had turned over in bed and gone back to sleep.

It's completely unfair. Of course. But in hindsight, it would have been the lesser of two evils----being forced to withdraw from something she loved to do, or to be slaughtered.

Jmo and I have mixed emotions even about what I wrote.
Not finding fault in anything you said. But there has to be something in the middle between giving up what she loved to do or be slaughtered.

I read the affidavit - I thought someone said it was friends business. All the jobs I have had, including cleaning jobs in my younger years, I had to work on Fridays so I wouldn’t have been out prowling at 4am - which is why I suspect it wasn’t a “real” job to him.
He may have been on his way home from an overnight cleaning job?

Speculation MOO

He may have been on his way home from an overnight cleaning job?

Speculation MOO
Earlier in the thread, maybe on thread #3, someone posted, that his schedule was 10 pm to 2 a.m., or thereabouts. So he could have gone home for dinner, then decided to cruise around. And who knows, maybe it was his habit to go cruising around after work, possibly to scope out situations, opportunities, activities people might be engaged in, at an hour when the cover of dark would present an opportunity.

We know he was idling for 20 minutes on that street where Fletcher was jogging. Loitering. Why would he be doing that? In my mind, it potentially indicates an m.o. or a plan. Loitering at 4:30 a.m. seemingly for no reason. It's suspicious at least. JMO, of course.

And that question about his work schedule,and his driving around after work reminds me; the car belonged to a woman he was living with: a gf? A relative? She's been awefully quiet in the aftermath of this. I think she spoke to police early on, confirming it was her car, but we haven't heard anything from her since, that I'm aware of. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he had SA on his mind but may have killed her in the struggle in the vehicle...the autopsy and any other charges filed should tell...unless the prosecution decides not to charge that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m reading back through posts, trying to catch up.

I know there’s been a “connection” to eliza and and attorneys and her alleged killer BUT… is this just a very odd coincidence of opportunity OR did he target her?

We don't know if he was working Thursday night and into the wee hours of Friday morning but we do know he was working cleaning the movie theater 24 hours before that because that is when he stole the wallet.

I watched his hand when he raised it. Steady as a rock. I’ve seen others shake, but not CA. I suspected he had his face mask much higher to cover the wound I believe Eliza inflicted under his eye. I was surprised by the “premeditation” charge though I’ve thought it wasn’t random. Anyone know if he was informed of murder charges before he entered courtroom?
Would it be considered premeditated simply because he drove past her and then sat and waited for her to run by. He had every opportunity to leave.

I so agree

CA's criminal history is so varied it's hard to pin down what his motives might be. There is theft, rape against a male, kidnapping of a male (although with an apparent financial motive), and now kidnapping and murder of a female... It seems nobody is safe from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321