Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliza Fletcher: new details revealed (wreg.com)
When Abston saw authorities, he was standing in a doorway and immediately tried to run, but he was eventually captured by the US Marshals.

Investigators also interviewed a woman who said after the abduction, Abston was behaving in an odd manner. The witness advised investigators Abston was in a strange mood and vigourously cleaning the interior of his car with carpet cleaner as well as washing his clothes in the house’s sink.

After his arrest, Abston refused to provide Fletcher’s location.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.”

He was parked and awaiting to attack and kidnap her and this makes me wonder if he knew her running patterns.

Agreed. This definitely makes me think it was a crime of opportunity and not planned out.
However, the washing of the clothes and vehicle does not bode well for Eliza. IMO.

I’m so infuriated that this can happen anytime, anywhere. I think I’m getting angrier as details trickle out. This woman obviously fought hard and is still missing. She has to be in the area somewhere, IMO. I don’t think he had time to get too far away, judging from the timeline. I doubt he will give up any information, but I hope LE can find her and throw away the key with him.
From the Affidavit -

“As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned".

Oh great… he must have been advised in prison by other “smart” guys - “no body, no crime.”
According to records, Abston refused to provide investigators with information regarding Fletcher’s location. Records also state that the abduction, which was caught on camera, was violent in nature and may have resulted in serious bodily injury.

Eliza Fletcher: new details revealed (wreg.com)
When Abston saw authorities, he was standing in a doorway and immediately tried to run, but he was eventually captured by the US Marshals.

Investigators also interviewed a woman who said after the abduction, Abston was behaving in an odd manner. The witness advised investigators Abston was in a strange mood and vigourously cleaning the interior of his car with carpet cleaner as well as washing his clothes in the house’s sink.

After his arrest, Abston refused to provide Fletcher’s location.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.”
Just a minor detail but: Weren’t there were reports yesterday that the suspect’s SUV was in an accident with an ATF vehicle? That must’ve been a different SUV or just a false report if they found the suspect in the doorway.

MOO

Just a minor detail but: Weren’t there were reports yesterday that the suspect’s SUV was in an accident with an ATF vehicle? That must’ve been a different SUV or just a false report if they found the suspect in the doorway.
There were pictures, so I doubt its a false report. He could have been found in a doorway, then ran to his vehicle, tried to drive off when he was pinned by the ATF vehicle.

I really hope LE is at the new location after following the vehicle GPS and/or cell signals that shows where he may have left her. I do not think he will give up her location voluntarily. Her family needs answers. ETA: I am curious as to where this is located…Memphis proper, Shelby County or another surrounding county.

So Abston had his cell phone on when he abducted Eliza. Did he later turn it off or does LE have a trail of pings that will eventually lead to finding Eliza?

Billionaire heiress 'kidnapper' was released from 20-year sentence in 2020 for abducting lawyer | Daily Mail Online
A resident of the area around the McDonald's told KWAM: 'They were knocking on doors of houses with cameras to see if we had anything helpful on our Ring.

'They told us to review our footage from yesterday 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. and send them anything valuable via a phone number they left with us.'

Not long before that search, police raided an apartment complex where they were engaged in a standoff with a person inside a unit.

One resident in the complex posted a photo showing members of the Memphis Police Department SWAT Team preparing for the raid Saturday evening and said police were in a standoff with a person inside the apartment. Officers kicked in the door of an apartment and brought a woman, her daughter and a baby, according to the witness.

Another resident of the complex- The Lakes at Ridgeway - which was surrounded by a massive police presence, said that she also saw an ambulance at the scene.

Police have 'detained' a suspect and located the car being sought in relation to the kidnapping. Authorities have not released the identity of the person who is in custody.

According to ABC24's Ian Ripple, the SUV being sought in relation to the case was found after getting involved in a car wreck with an Alcohol Tobacco Firearms vehicle close to the complex.

1662314234111.png

MOO
It says in the affidavit when they saw him in the doorway he ran, and was then arrested in the vehicle. So I think he ran to the vehicle, tried to pull out of the parking space, and they rammed him

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member