Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I kept hoping since he let his previous victim go, maybe he would hold onto her until she could get him some money or something. I know that’s super unlikely, but it was my hope that he wanted money, not to kill anyone :(
The previous victim was a male and money was the driver. JMO, but in this case I think the kidnapping was sexually motivated. It's too much to think about what Eliza endured, I'll stay away from that.

How stupid do you have to be to wash the clothes you committed the crime with, in such an eye-catching and incriminating way? I guess he counted on his brother's silence, and the silence of his brother's girlfriend. Which thankfully, he didn't get.
About as stupid as you would have to be to leave your shoes at the crime scene

I am really wondering about this. I hope LE will delve into where this guy has been the last few weeks. I'm not convinced that he hasn't been trolling the streets for awhile. JMO

Another question, was there a water bottle found? I don't recall it being mentioned in the affidavit.

I would guess her shoes, with his DNA, something along the lines of her falling to the ground and kicking, and him removing her shoes before loading her into his SUV. As fit as she was she only weighed 137lbs and from his mugshot he is six feet and at least 200lbs, without a serious weapon, she had no chance.
The slides the DNA came from belonged to the suspect, not Eliza.

All she would have to do is give authorization for LE to review the data, correct?
With evidence that the vehicle was used in the commission of this crime, LE will not need her authorization to review data, it will be easy to get a warrant for the info. No different than any other vehicle used in such a crime. JMO

I think he abducted her around 4:20 am per the camera footage.

I am trying to figure out why he dumped evidence in a dumpster near Mario’s house. Was he hoping to frame him?
Very Barry Morphew-esque. Sounds like he was panicking a bit, so clear thinking wasn't his forte. In terms of the what the brother/female observed - he probably knew his goose was cooked, the shoes being left behind were going to be a BIG problem.

Did he have any social media?

Last edited:
305412823_10229835196092806_1815392452644029327_n.jpg

(6) Bria Jones (@BriaJonesTV) / Twitter

I would not be surprised if EF's Family uses a cleaning service, and I would not be surprised if it was the one CA worked with. If so, CA may have done some landscaping work on EF's property.

I think this is why LE had the hedge clippers in hand when processing potential evidence.

JMVHO.

Or to take your phone and leave it on. Or to commit the crime on video. Or, if the vehicle has tracking, to use it.

Or to even do this to start with.
Agreed. This definitely makes me think it was a crime of opportunity and not planned out.
However, the washing of the clothes and vehicle does not bode well for Eliza. IMO.

I’m so infuriated that this can happen anytime, anywhere. I think I’m getting angrier as details trickle out. This woman obviously fought hard and is still missing. She has to be in the area somewhere, IMO. I don’t think he had time to get too far away, judging from the timeline. I doubt he will give up any information, but I hope LE can find her and throw away the key with him.

A man has been charged with kidnapping a woman who went missing while jogging near the University of Memphis on Friday, police said.

Cleotha Abston, 38, “has been charged with especially aggravated kidnapping and tampering with evidence,” the Memphis Police Department said in a statement on Sunday.

Eliza Fletcher, 34, “has not been located at this time,” said the police...

Eliza Fletcher: new details revealed (wreg.com)
When Abston saw authorities, he was standing in a doorway and immediately tried to run, but he was eventually captured by the US Marshals.

Investigators also interviewed a woman who said after the abduction, Abston was behaving in an odd manner. The witness advised investigators Abston was in a strange mood and vigourously cleaning the interior of his car with carpet cleaner as well as washing his clothes in the house’s sink.

After his arrest, Abston refused to provide Fletcher’s location.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member