Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Command Center area that “I think” they are using after reviewing his locations after abduction. ATVs to search area and boats to search bodies of water on the golf course and perhaps the Marjorie Bayou which runs around golf course area. I think he went here immediately after abduction and then continued to McDonalds and dumped something or got him a snack because we know crimes like these make these monsters hungry.
Yeah, so I think there are going to be multiple crime scenes here.

You've got the point of abduction, to include a struggle in the vehicle. Then I imagine he drove to another location not too far away, where he ultimately murdered her. This location may also be where her body was dumped.

Then he dumps evidence at McDonald's, and drives to his brother's place where he cleans up.

He likely dumped further evidence in the dumpster there too.

I think we're going to learn that he had never seen her before, and didn't know who she was. Kidnapping for ransom is exceedingly rare in the United States, but sexually motivated homicides occur far too often.
I believe you are right about this, as you (sadly) have been all along on this case. Random/sexually motivated.

Just wrenching and terrible.

I think, with everything we do know, it’s most likely there is GPS tracking recorded that they can find Liza without his assistance. He’s not going to help, as right now he’s going to be thinking they only have him for kidnap and if he gives the location of her body (I’m so sorry to type that at this stage), it’ll be murder. I think he is stupid enough not to realise that there are lots of other circumstances that they can charge with murder, without a body. IF there isn’t location tracking sufficient for them to find her, they may start offering him something, maybe LWOP instead of DP, for his information. I still don’t think he’d talk.

I don't disagree with you, but to keep him in prison for life requires laws to change. Judges are not at liberty to sentence someone for life even in cases where they are convinced the perpetrator will re-offend. They have to rule within the confines of the laws they are under oath to uphold.
Totally agree with you. That’s a whole other can of worms lol. We need definite change in our system on many levels.

I’m just infuriated over this case (and others.. I could go on and on) I just needed to vent because it appears this beautiful mom of 2 did nothing but go for a run, and now she may never come home. It’s devastating. JMO.

Ugh, that's a really awful sign of things to come.

Do any of you ever ponder fate in cases like this? If only one of the boys had been sick, or she pulled a muscle and couldn't run that day, or Abston's vehicle quit on him that morning and he had to call a tow truck. I go over these things in my mind thinking if only ... then Eliza would be alive and with her family at Church this morning :(

Fate- yes-
I think that this perp was looking for a jogging college coed.
I do not think he targeted Liza.
As fate would have it, he chose a young wife and mom who was reported missing by her husband at 7, who is well-known and well-loved in the community and whose well-educated family rallied together early on to do everything in their power to bring Liza back. The family (husband) offered for police to come take anything from the home needed (no warrant necessary) The much talked about hedge clippers are a red herring- picked up on an officer’s whim as possibly helpful.

By the GRACE OF GOD Liza knocked this SOB’s shoes off during her struggle.
She’s a HERO in this tale and so is CODIS.

Every charged criminal - juvenile and adult- should be required to have DNA in CODIS.
CODIS alone has been the instrument that has found so many criminals and solved so many crimes.
So yes, I think fate is at play.
If a jogging coed had been grabbed instead of Liza this would be a completely different story.
Pookie would not be behind bars and would be free to re-offend- abducting and God only knows what else.

Not forgetting well-deserved kudos for the police officers, investigator, FBI, ATF, National guardsmen and all the other heros for putting Pookie back behind bars. I think we are all amazed at how quickly this horrific crime is being solved.

MOD NOTE:

The second person arrested at the same time as the POI in this case is OFF TOPIC to this case unless/until law enforcement announces they are involved in THIS case. Timeouts and thread bans will be issued for members who discuss this person.

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Eliza's specific case and facts related directly to her case. It is NOT for the broader, overall discussion of violence against women.

Violence against women is a vast public / social justice issue that is not peculiar to this case. WS has hundreds, if not thousands, of cases that have involved such violence. If you wish to discuss the topic in general, I'm sure you'll find a thread you can contribute to. Just do a 'title' search using the word 'violence' and have a look around. You will find many WS threads and resources related to violence in general.

What incentive does he have to tell LE where the body is? He's already on camera abducting her, her DNA is in his vehicle and he left his shoes at the crime scene. It isn't like they'll reduce his sentence. MOO

Totally agree with you. That’s a whole other can of worms lol. We need definite change in our system on many levels.

I’m just infuriated over this case (and others.. I could go on and on) I just needed to vent because it appears this beautiful mom of 2 did nothing but go for a run, and now she may never come home. It’s devastating. JMO.
There are murder cases I've followed where I'm infuriated by the fact that a ticking time bomb wasn't punished harshly enough for past crimes, which in turn allowed another murder to happen.

I find myself saying, "how the hell was this guy walking free in the first place."

I don't have that here though, as it appears he was charged and sentenced appropriately for a crime he committed as a teenager.

A scenario that comes to mind is a druggie out maybe for a food run, just driving, pulls into deserted church parking lot to eat, shoot up.

Remember the June 2022 arrest for robbery over $10,000? He's going back. Just waiting to process through the system. Then as he eats, shoots up, lolls around, he hears a runner. What's he got to lose? He's going back.

From the Memphis Flyer story about the Kemper Case, Abston took 5 extra years not to admit guilt: "On Monday, Abston pled guilty just before he was scheduled to go to trial and was sentenced to 20 years in prison without parole. He had earlier turned down an offer of 15 years on the same charge but, according to Durand, told the court Òhe did not want to sign his name giving himself the time.Ó Abston has a long juvenile record of theft and aggravated assault." A SAMARITAN’S TALE

I personally think it's doubtful he will be helpful.
good post @CuriousCricket — he has a felony robbery arrest in June 2022 that is a case processing through the system. This might be part of a mindset of, screw it I’m going back to prison anyway (after less than 2 years out in decades) so what the hell. Criminal mindset in full effect.

What incentive does he have to tell LE where the body is? He's already on camera abducting her, her DNA is in his vehicle and he left his shoes at the crime scene. It isn't like they'll reduce his sentence. MOO
An offer to take the death penalty off the table is the only carrot they can dangle. I can't imagine they would at this stage, as there's very little chance she won't be found.

He's not talking, but digital evidence does speak.

I guess if he was careless enough to leave his shoe at the abduction site and wash his bloody clothes at his brother's place then he's careless enough to leave his phone ( and location services) on.
Brazen idiots who have done this time again don't care because they feel they won't get caught.

I don't know, but I suspect sexual assault. JMO
I would agree but we all know criminals usually rape, murder people from same race. So there may be more to this particular crime. It still seems odd to me that he went to the University at this specific time in the morning looking for a victim to rape and/or murder. College girls after a night of partying usually head home earlier than 4:30am, I would think. I’m still not convinced it was random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks