Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue, but we know he had intent to kill his victim, so maybe it should be?

Like I said, people may not agree, and that’s fine by me, but I’ve seen too many instances were repeat offenders have been set free only to do it again... or worse. JMO.
My martial arts instructor told us all (repeatedly, over the years) that one critical time to fight/run from a person with a gun was in the event they tried to get us into a vehicle.
She said if they get you into a car, chances are you aren’t coming out of the situation alive, so even if they have a gun, take any opportunity tofight/run/do whatever you can to get away.

We know Eliza tried so hard. I’m still holding out hope she may be injured but still alive, though it isn’t looking good.

Edited to spell out her name.

What incentive does he have to tell LE where the body is? He's already on camera abducting her, her DNA is in his vehicle and he left his shoes at the crime scene. It isn't like they'll reduce his sentence. MOO
Maybe they will take the death penalty off the table. (if it's even on the table that is) ??
ETA: Sorry @MassGuy
I just saw you posted the same thing!

Please join us in lighting candles for Eliza or doing an act of kindness today as MPD along with the FBI continues to search for her. She has two young sons. We cannot begin to imagine what they are being told when they ask "where is our mommy?" Hearts are truly breaking. We are not thinking of her as "the heiress", but as the devoted mother and teacher that she has been. Her family needs answers. We all have opinions on how this will end, and unless it was a kidnapping for ransom in which case we would have no idea at all, the answers don't appear to be positive at all. Our candles are lit. No matter what your beliefs are, whether you pray or not, doesn't matter. This young woman deserves justice. Thank you.
1f64f.png
1f98b.png
1f64f.png

Chi in Memphis

Attachments

• animated-candle-gif-14.gif
    animated-candle-gif-14.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
There are murder cases I've followed where I'm infuriated by the fact that a ticking time bomb wasn't punished harshly enough for past crimes, which in turn allowed another murder to happen.

I find myself saying, "how the hell was this guy walking free in the first place."

I don't have that here though, as it appears he was charged and sentenced appropriately for a crime he committed as a teenager.
I get it... but wasn’t he arrested again recently for burglary? I know it isn’t the same as this at all, but I would think there have been signs that he too may have been a ticking time bomb? Maybe not? I think we will learn that he may have been stalking the area just waiting for a victim. I hope she fought like hell. JMO.

Maybe they will take the death penalty off the table. (if it's even on the table that is) ??
ETA: Sorry @MassGuy
I just saw you posted the same thing!
I think it’s too early for that, and also that Memphis elite will want the DP for this guy. They will only do that if there’s a chance she’s still alive somewhere.

I don’t presume to know the mind of criminals. But my instinct tells me she’s in the river. It seems to be a go to place in this area for dumping a body unfortunately. We had a local case earlier this year where boyfriend killed his baby’s mother and then threw the 2 day old baby in the river. I pray and hope I am wrong.

I am too. If it were robbery he certainly didn't need to kidnap her. He could have knocked her down, robbed her and disappeared. Would have been much easier for him to escape from and possibly not get caught.
We have to consider that he thought he was going back to prison after the Theft Over 10k charge, just a matter of time before indicted? … He could have decided to commit a crime much worse specifically for the fame which would place him higher up on the prison food chain amongst certain groups, anyway. (Just speculating while we wait)

He didn't know that much. While in jail, he obviously was not into "true crime", DNA and such. Much less, cellphone tracking, triangulation, etc. Whether he is naturally dumb or smart, unclear. Uneducated, obviously. I suspect that he is obstinate and paranoid, but it is just my feeling. He probably won't talk. JMO. Or else, they need a very skilled negotiator.
This might be a dumb question but in cases like this, what are they able to negotiate? Just curious if they can promise him certain prison privileges or something like that??

What incentive does he have to tell LE where the body is? He's already on camera abducting her, her DNA is in his vehicle and he left his shoes at the crime scene. It isn't like they'll reduce his sentence. MOO

I think that his years behind bar didn't teach him to trust LE, this is why the negotiator, should LE use one, has to be very skilled. Also, CA's attorney, likely, advises him to deny any involvement.

If after 20 years behind bars, CA still kept some friends to post for them, i.e., he is not a loner, there still might be something, or someone, who CA cares about, that could be the negotiation focus. Plus, I assume they can lie out "option A" vs "option B".

We have to consider that he thought he was going back to prison after the Theft Over 10k charge, just a matter of time before indicted? … He could have decided to commit a crime much worse specifically for the fame which would place him higher up on the prison food chain amongst certain groups, anyway. (Just speculating while we wait)
I wonder who put up his bond?

Do we know anything about the theft over $10,000 charge, like the circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member