Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... It makes me think they're looking in "typical" locations like bodies of water or woods. Did he do something incredibly stupid like, grasping at straws here, placing her body behind a WalMart or some sort of business, maybe one that's been abandoned for awhile, and it will go overlooked a long time because they're thinking he'd be more clever to try to hide her for a longer period of time when she's probably closer to visibility than they'd think? I don't know.
There is a not a sensitive way to say this, so I apologize in advance, but with the oppressive heat in the area, if she was just dumped somewhere on land, with little cover, which perhaps may be the case, given how quickly he was back at his brother's apartment, washing his clothes and cleaning the suv, buzzards may reveal her location pretty soon, if people just keep their eyes out. JMO

Last edited:
May be overkill but this kind of timeline helps me to keep facts straight so thought I would share. Please feel free to let me know if any needs corrected. All of this is straight from CA’s arrest affidavit:

Friday 9/2

4:00am - Eliza leaves for run

~4:06am - surveillance captures black GMC Terrain vehicle in area of abduction and captured partial plate.

~4:30am - Surveillance video from 3876 Central Avenue showed a black GMC Terrain passing and then waiting for victim to run by. When she ran by, man exited vehicle, ran aggressively at victim and struggle ensued. Eventually forced her into passenger side of black GMC. Vehicle remained in parking lot for 4 minutes. Then drove away.

6:45am - citizen riding bike finds phone and pair of Champion slides lying in the street (area of Central Ave and Zach Curtain Street). Items turned over to EF family member, then given to LE.

7:00am - RF, husband of EF, reported his wife missing after she failed to return from her morning run.

7:50am - SA sees CA outside home of his brother (MA) at 1700 block of S Orleans Street aggressively cleaning/scrubbing interior of black GMC Terrain, reports he was acting strangely. Both SA and MA reported that CA also cleaned his clothes in the sink of this home.
Over three hours unaccounted for. That's actually a very significant amount of time.

Yeah, seems they may be following his cell phone GPS. I suppose he could have dropped his phone off at home, then left again with her body. Maybe he called someone else and handed her off to be dumped, maybe in the river. It’s awful to think about.
I think they only have pings at this point. Getting GPS data would require a warrant and I doubt they have the time. Ping data is good enough to trace his movements.

Regarding a handoff, I doubt it. This guy just got out of prison under 2 years ago. He does not have local friends. Even his brother would hardly know him. Sad to say but I think they will find her body in exactly the areas they have been looking near brother's house and in the next day or so. He probably crudely concealed it but someone will find it.

That would make sense and maybe following car gps. Seems like they are looking at parks and water. He could have ditched his phone. I’m not sure he was smart enough to understand phone or car gps. Will be interesting to hear for sure.
20 years in prison. Lots of time to talk.
Bet he heard a thing or two about how to dump a body.

I think they only have pings at this point. Getting GPS data would require a warrant and I doubt they have the time. Ping data is good enough to trace his movements.

Regarding a handoff, I doubt it. This guy just got out of prison under 2 years ago. He does not have local friends. Even his brother would hardly know him. Sad to say but I think they will find her body in exactly the areas they have been looking near brother's house and in the next day or so. He probably crudely concealed it but someone will find it.
Taking a look at his Facebook, I think he does have local friends. But as others have said, it’s a tall order to help a friend hide a body and face prison.

Good points all, but I do think he had quite a few friends/family. I scoured his Facebook a day or so ago, and when he posted the "I'm out" indicating he was leaving prison, he had a ton of people welcoming him home. That being said, it would seem his closest ally would be his brother - based on his posts and the close relationship they seemed to have - and LE has said his brother has no connection to the case. Given that even his brother wouldn't help him out with this, then I tend to believe what you've said that he didn't have an accomplice. We don't have a good reason to think there was a "handoff" and unfortunately your theory is the most likely outcome.

20 years in prison. Lots of time to talk.
Bet he heard a thing or two about how to dump a body.
I had the exact same [unfortunate] thought earlier today. Initially with all of the forensic evidence he left behind it seemed this would be resolved much quicker, but as time has gone on today I too wondered what all he may have gleaned on this awful topic during his time behind bars.

May be overkill but this kind of timeline helps me to keep facts straight so thought I would share. Please feel free to let me know if any needs corrected. All of this is straight from CA’s arrest affidavit:

Friday 9/2

4:00am - Eliza leaves for run

~4:06am - surveillance captures black GMC Terrain vehicle in area of abduction and captured partial plate.

~4:30am - Surveillance video from 3876 Central Avenue showed a black GMC Terrain passing and then waiting for victim to run by. When she ran by, man exited vehicle, ran aggressively at victim and struggle ensued. Eventually forced her into passenger side of black GMC. Vehicle remained in parking lot for 4 minutes. Then drove away.

6:45am - citizen riding bike finds phone and pair of Champion slides lying in the street (area of Central Ave and Zach Curtain Street). Items turned over to EF family member, then given to LE.

7:00am - RF, husband of EF, reported his wife missing after she failed to return from her morning run.

7:50am - SA sees CA outside home of his brother (MA) at 1700 block of S Orleans Street aggressively cleaning/scrubbing interior of black GMC Terrain, reports he was acting strangely. Both SA and MA reported that CA also cleaned his clothes in the sink of this home.

Thanks for the timeline.

The one thing I had a question about was the call to authorities by RF. I see the affidavit states RF called earlier than the 7:45 time that has been previously reported.

Liza Fletcher abduction: Timeline of the Memphis teacher's disappearance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads