Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Was this a random crime of opportunity? Seems awfully stupid to have been wearing flip flops to kidnap someone. Apparently, the DNA from the accused flips flops, left at the crime scene is how police were led to the accused. He left his shoes at the crime scene!

Do we know anything about the theft over $10,000 charge, like the circumstances?
I just looked in Shelby Tn court records and found nothing about this charge. All previous charges listed on his record had been disposed. So I’m really confused as to why it’s not listed … must research further.

Attachments

• 9462181D-1502-48F9-B68F-AABEB38BA64D.jpeg
    9462181D-1502-48F9-B68F-AABEB38BA64D.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 19
Did you hear/notice that the Pine Hill golf course is temp closed. If you go to their website to try and book a tee time, it says they are temporarily closed for renovation.

This appears to be scheduled. I just did a quick google search and it was planned

So if he only served 9 years, his release for that offence was in 2009. Therefore he was incarcerated for something else altogether, that he was released from in November 2020
I read that tweet and was confused about the dates. Everything I previously read said he served the full term which ended in Nov. 2020

FWIW, his facebook account shows a selfie taken in a mirror, with a phone clearly visible, in what looks like prison -- so I would guess someone gave him a phone. My husband's friend worked in the prison system and said that phones are pretty common. I don't know why they aren't confiscated, but I think prison is a lot different from what most of us imagine.

Cellphones smuggled into prisons — enabling inmates to order murders, plan escapes, deal drugs and extort money — have become a scourge in a bloc of states where corrections officers annually confiscate as many as one for every three inmates.

In South Carolina, prison officers have found and taken one phone for every three inmates, the highest rate in the country. In Oklahoma, it's one phone for every six prisoners, the nation's second-highest rate. Other states in the top 10 are Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida and Arkansas and Louisiana.

"Most of these guys are just chitchatting with their girlfriends, but some of these guys are stone-hardened criminals running criminal enterprises," said Kevin Tamez of the MPM group, a litigation consulting firm that specializes in prison security.

Cellphones are so prevalent in the prison system, Tamez said, that "if you don't have them, you would look like a loser."

I wonder if he was released early due to the pandemic?
I read earlier in the thread that his sentence was the sort eligible for release after serving 85% of the time. So within that caveat he served the full sentence. Don't know how that folds with the more recent posts about him serving only 9 years.

I wonder if he was released early due to the pandemic?
A TN.GOV Service
Felony Offender Information

Offender Details-Searched on 9/4/2022 at 1:30 PM​

Felony Offender Photo.
Biographical Information
Name:CLEOTHA ABSTON
Birth Date:11/27/1983
TDOC ID:00338752
State ID Number (SID):1028809
Physical Characteristics
Sex:MALERace:BLACK
Height:05' 09"Complexion:DARK BROWN
Weight:180 lbs.Eye Color:BROWN
Hair Color:BLACK
Image Date: 10/03/2017
Download Image
Aliases
CLEOTHA DEWAYNE ABSTON
Current Status
Dates may change as additional court documents are received.
Supervision Status:INACTIVEAssigned Location:
Combined Sentence(s) Length:24 YRS 0 MTHS 0 DAYSSupervision/Custody Level:
Sentence Begin Date: Sentence End Date:11/07/2020
Release Eligibility Date: Parole Hearing Date:
Parole Hearing Result:
Active Tennessee Sentences
No active Tennessee sentences on file for this offender.
Order TBI Background Check Search Again

pxl
px
src=8391149;type=invmedia;cat=tenne0;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;gdpr=$%7BGDPR%7D;gdpr_consent=$%7BGDPR_CONSENT_755%7D;ord=1

This is an article about Cleotha's earlier crime, he kidnapped a local attorney. Looks like it was random. The attorney escaped when he was forced to withdraw money from an ATM, he yelled that he was kidnapped to an officer in the area.

I read earlier in the thread that his sentence was the sort eligible for release after serving 85% of the time. So within that caveat he served the full sentence. Don't know how that folds with the more recent posts about him serving only 9 years.
He was released in 2020 from a 25 year sentence for kidnapping crime in 2000

This guy is not very smart. He probably has no idea joggers do not carry money on them. This was probably a lay in wait situation hoping that she had a debit card on her, like his last victim. I won't be surprised if it comes to light that he wanted her to take him to her home for money/debit card and she absolutely fought him on it knowing her family was there. I also think she will be found in the that dumpster they hauled off or the dump. Truly sad case.
This is my guess as well. He has a lengthy record
So if he only served 9 years, his release for that offence was in 2009. Therefore he was incarcerated for something else altogether, that he was released from in November 2020
This tweet has been amended…because it was wrong. He served 20 years and change and with the 15% automatic credit in TN that was his full sentence; no parol.

Attachments

• 09A4474A-8C7B-42CF-8D88-6386F48EB7E5.png
    09A4474A-8C7B-42CF-8D88-6386F48EB7E5.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 15

This is an article about Cleotha's earlier crime, he kidnapped a local attorney. Looks like it was random. The attorney escaped when he was forced to withdraw money from an ATM, he yelled that he was kidnapped to an officer in the area.
The first crime on his adult records?

I was also thinking that it happened quickly.

It also said in the affidavit that his cell phone history shows the phone was in the area of the abduction at the same time. Since that was not his vehicle was not his, I wonder if there is any tracking that LE can use to trace his route. I was hoping that when LE caught this guy he would be the polar opposite of a criminal mastermind. Sounds like I might get my wish. He appears to be a real life version of Pinky as in Pinky and The Brain.
I believe LE can track the direction of travel based on his cell phone tower pings. Thankfully he’s not the brightest so it’s highly probable his cell phone was on the entire time. MOO.

It’s astounding that he went to Jail for 20 years and within 2 years of release he has likely committed a even worse crime that got him 20 years.

I guess I will never understand people like this that get a second chance and have had 20 years to ponder their mistakes and yet come out and commit even bigger crimes. It just boggles my mind that this was allowed to happen.

If the vehicle was idle at the scene for 4 minutes after he abducted her, why wouldn't he have quickly hopped out and retrieved his slides prior to taking off? Surely he would've known they flew off his feet during the struggle and were right outside the door. I think they must've been an extra pair (not in use at the time) that fell out the car during the commotion. My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier