Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping residents inside? In case people want to go over with their phones and look? ( :mad: )

I’m confused now as to what is actually happening.

The foot patrol tweet did look to me like the police were walking towards the crowd in the background. But it would really just take one officer to shoo the crowd away.

I did and still do think they have found Eliza, but this amount of manpower,
with circling helicopters, doesn’t align with recovering a body. At this point the urgency is in notification, not in rescuing her.

So maybe they are searching for an accomplice? But then why are some cops just strolling?

Very confused right now.

Last edited:
The motive may have been to force her to cash out some of her inheritance. The perp has a history of forcing a victim to take money out of an ATM machine. And remember, she's known in the Memphis area to be an heiress. He could have been dumb enough to think, that her assets would be accessible via an ATM, rather than in an investment account or some such.
While he is an abductor and a thief, he must have been sitting in jail for 20 years, fantasizing about all women he’ll have once he is out. He got out, but no women standing in line. So, his next step was abduction. Sexual only in this case, I think.

The foot patrol and helicopter may be looking for additional evidence. Weapon, clothing, additional crime scene(s). Imo if there is someone else involved they wouldn’t be hiding out in the woods 3 days later.

I’m confused now as to what is actually happening.

The foot patrol tweet did look to me like the police were walking towards the crowd in the background. But it would really just take one officer to shoo the crowd away.

I did and still do think they have found Eliza, but this amount of manpower,
with circling helicopters, doesn’t align with recovering a body. At this point the urgency is in notification, not in rescuing her.

So maybe they are searching for an accomplice? But they why are some cops just strolling?

Very confused right now.
I think that a lot of people went to the scene because it was an investigation they wanted to be a part of, whether because of its high-profile nature, their empathy for the family, etc. Then someone in charge didn't like having so many people milling around aimlessly and decided to give people jobs to do. I don't think they are looking for anything specific, like a fugitive.

The theft victim is another woman. He took her wallet from the theater and along with credit card(s) he had her ID. This is the separate crime he was charged with today.
I'm pointing out a possible pattern on the part of the perp. Forces one victim to take money from his account. Now he chooses this known heiress to victimize. He could have been planning to force her to take money from her account, too. Except he left her phone and her wallet at the scene of the crime, didn't he? After a struggle with her? Still, it could have been his original plan. It seems hard to believe it was just a coincidence that he chose an heiress to kidnap.
Here's a quote from the report posted earlier of CA's prior crime involving using the victim to withdraw $$ from an account via ATM:
Abston forced Durand was forced into the trunk of his vehicle, then made him withdraw money from an ATM machine. While at the ATM (located at a Mapco gas station), Kemper screamed for help as an armed Memphis Housing Authority guard walked in.

Last edited:
why the foot patrol? I only would think that would be for someone on the run - living in LA got used to helicopters at night chasing and then police on foot...unless they are telling residents to stay in their house and not worry?

Or telling residents to stay in their house and not interfere with what LE is doing?

Rapists need life in prison. Period!

How is it that somebody with such a long series of crimes is allowed to be running loose on the streets? Typically the crimes always start out minor and get more and more major with each one, which is seemingly the case here, but this will be his last. Surely he will be locked away for life after this?

Hoping that Eliza gets found but sadly not feeling like that's gonna happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member