Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this case and am playing catch up. What an interesting cast of characters and what a precious little darling from looking at Evelyn's photos. I am praying she is safe and sound "somewhere out there" but I am not counting on it at all. I have read so many cases here on Websleuths that did not have happy endings. There is such a lack of information about some of the characters, most importantly Mom IMO. Just praying this case has a happy ending somehow.

My heart just sank! I hope it's not true that they have knowledge the child will not ever return safe and sound. Reality sucks....

I could be completely off base in this case. I just always look for whether the reward is for the “safe return” of a missing person or “information leading to an arrest” regarding a missing or harmed person. It’s much more likely you’ll get information from a witness or tipster about a crime where you’ll have to pay out that reward than for the return of a MP safe and unharmed.

We know that the sheriff stated he was acknowledging the Dec 10, 2019 last sighting date of Evelyn by an independent babysitter over Dec 26, 2019 date alleged by MB, the mother.

I was taken back by the generous contributions* to Evelyn's reward fund by her grandfather and her uncle. From their generosity -- it seems they would have also been willing to contribute to appropriate daycare for Evelyn while MB worked. In other words, I think MB had a choice of caregivers for her child.

It was also the grandfather that reported Evelyn missing.

Reward for return of Evelyn Boswell now up to $56,000

The following people and companies have contributed to the reward fund:

• Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy - $1,000
  • Alan Levine - $5,000
  • Ballad Health - $25,000
  • Fuller Paving Group - $2,000
  • Indian Springs Armory - $500
  • Storage Source One Self-Storage-$2,500
  • Tommy Boswell Sr. - $10,000*
  • Tommy Boswell Jr. - $10,000*

Evelyn was reported missing earlier this week. On Friday, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy announced in a press conference he was donating his own money and starting a reward fund. Ballad Health and CEO Alan Levine along with Fuller Paving Group followed shortly with their own contributions to the fund.

A simple Google search would tell these people there are ways around having to actually pay these rewards.

For instance, if a person pledged money to be paid upon the safe return of the baby while knowing she wasn't going to be found alive (or found at all), what's to keep him from "giving" big?

Also:
"Be aware that monetary pledges are not as reliable as donations. It is much easier to persuade people to pledge money toward a reward than it is to get them to donate cash. Therefore, you can in theory raise much more money through pledges than you can through donations. The problem is that you cannot be sure that a pledge will be honored when the time comes to pay out the reward."

Last edited:
Here’s the link to tonight’s live discussion with Tricia for those that missed the live stream.

ETA hit the like, and subscribe buttons, and click the bell icon to be notified of future posts or live streams.

I could be completely off base in this case. I just always look for whether the reward is for the “safe return” of a missing person or “information leading to an arrest” regarding a missing or harmed person. It’s much more likely you’ll get information from a witness or tipster about a crime where you’ll have to pay out that reward than for the return of a MP safe and unharmed.

YES!

this was the big one for me when the FBI got involved you know its serious when those guys jump in
I believe endangered missing status for a child under age 17 is an automatic FBI trigger which is always welcome not only for their top-notch skills but also the federal dollars that FBI will bring to an investigation -- especially when crossing county and state borders to search for the missing child.

My mind keeps coming back to MB's "on again-off again" boyfriend saying that EB's arm had been broken. There should be a hospital record of this if she was taken to a hospital and if the baby really had some sort of injury. I don't know what would make him say such a thing unless MB really did tell him that. I think if it's not true, that he nevertheless believed it was true and I think it will become an important part of the eventual timeline of what happened to EB.
^^sbm

I'm aware of the linked interview where MB's boyfriend indicated that he and Maggie were not that close, dated only a short time and that he never once saw baby Evelyn. He also alleged that Evelyn was spending Christmas with her dad while he was on military leave, and that he took her to the hospital when she broke her arm. Seems that would be easy enough to confirm.

“While Evelyn’s father, Ethan, had the child, the baby, you know, fell off the bed and broke her arm, and he took her to the hospital,” he said. “That’s what I was told.”

Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child, Amber Alert still active

^^sbm

I'm aware of the linked interview where MB's boyfriend indicated that he and Maggie were not that close, dated only a short time and that he never once saw baby Evelyn. He also alleged that Evelyn was spending Christmas with her dad while he was on military leave, and that he took her to the hospital when she broke her arm. Seems that would be easy enough to confirm.

“While Evelyn’s father, Ethan, had the child, the baby, you know, fell off the bed and broke her arm, and he took her to the hospital,” he said. “That’s what I was told.”

Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child, Amber Alert still active
I think that is one of inaccurate statements LE was referring to when they revised the date from December 26th and have said the last known person to have seen the baby was a babysitter on Dec. 10 or 11. The grandfather said he last saw her at Thanksgiving. It sounds like MB was making excuses about the whereabouts of the baby to both the boyfriend and the grandfather. This isn't looking good now that grandmother is in custody yet still no baby.

JMO

I believe endangered missing status for a child under age 17 is an automatic FBI trigger which is always welcome not only for their top-notch skills but also the federal dollars that FBI will bring to an investigation -- especially when crossing county and state borders to search for the missing child.
The FBI has a special response team they deploy which is comprised of agents from all over the country in cases involving child abductions. An FBI rep gave a speech about it at a luncheon I attended a couple of years ago. Very impressive.

JMO

I'm wondering why TBI feels it necessary to share this additional photo. There are already several photos of Evelyn out there, and those aren't blurry. Perhaps this is a very recent pic of her that someone just provided ? I dunno.
I wondered the same thing. It seems so random and comes with no new info. I keep obsessing over whether her hair looks longer or the same in the BMS photo.

^^sbm

100% EP never saw EB over Christmas. Either HW was fed false information by MB or complicit in disseminating it..that I don’t know

Monday, February 24th:
*Initial Appearance Hearing for both (@ am) – NC/TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. - *William Bryant McCloud (33) arrested, charged & arraigned (2/21/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500). No plea entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail.
McCloud was arrested & charged (7/12/1) & arraigned (8/30/19) with 2 counts of aggravated domestic assault & 1 count of domestic assault. Next is announcement hearing (Case #71492) & arraignment hearing (Case #72474) on 3/27/20 @ 9am. Sullivan County #82CC1-2019-CR-71492 (Aggrav Asslt) & #82CC1-2019-CR-72474 (no descr). $1K bond.
*Angela Boswell (42) arrested, charged & arraigned (2/21/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & violation of probation/parole. No peal entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail.
Awaiting extradition to Sullivan County, TN.
2/21/20 Update: First court hearing on 2/24 for both.
2/21/20 Update: The vehicle, a 2007 BMW involved in the Amber Alert, that LE were looking for had been reported stolen and was located and recovered in Wilkes County, No. Carolina. The occupants, William McCloud, 33 arrested & charged (2/21/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & Angela Boswell, 42 were arrested & charged (2/21/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & a probation violation. Both held without bond. Both were arrested on Tennessee warrants and will be prepared for extradition. Their first court date is Monday, 2/24.
Associated case:
TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services). Mother: Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys – was questioned by authorities at the Sullivan County Sheriff’s office on Thursday (2/20/20) evening. She was not charged with any crime and left the Sheriff’s office after the questioning.
2/20/20 PC: Evelyn was last seen by a babysitter on December 10th in Sullivan County. The baby's grandfather reported her missing to the Tennessee DCS on 2/18/20. The mother has provided conflicting information & they cannot rely on the information she's provided. Certain information she has provided has been explicitly contradicted by video evidence or eyewitness testimony per LE. As of Sunday (2/23/20), a reward totaling $56,000 has been offered for information leading to Evelyn's safe return.
Father: Ethan Perry (21) active U.S. army soldier stationed in Louisiana.

did we actually have this before on here that it was MB who was buying the car for her mother, maybe i just missed that

Megan Boswell was in the process of buying the BMW in question for her mother, Angela Boswell, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
A purchase agreement was never completed, and no money was exchanged for the vehicle.
The owner of the BMW was unable to contact Megan or Angela Boswell, and the car was reported stolen, the sheriff's office said.
Angela Boswell and McCloud are both Tennessee residents. They are being held in the Wilkes County Jail, each charged with theft over $2,500, according to the sheriff's office. Angela Boswell is also being held on a violation of probation warrant for theft.
It's unclear whether they have attorneys.
Both are awaiting extradition hearings before being transported to Sullivan County in Tennessee. They're scheduled to appear in court Monday.

Last edited:
I personally am not FB friends with her but I do know people that are/were. Those friends went and searched her pages for pics before the whole thing really blew up and she unfriended most the people and locked down her pages. They found very few pics of the baby. I would also like to point out that she had more than the 3 FB profiles listed. I know of at least 4.

I’m behind in responding but this just isn’t true. There are tons of photos up until Oct/Nov.

did we actually have this before on here that it was MB who was buying the car for her mother, maybe i just missed that

Megan Boswell was in the process of buying the BMW in question for her mother, Angela Boswell, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
A purchase agreement was never completed, and no money was exchanged for the vehicle.
The owner of the BMW was unable to contact Megan or Angela Boswell, and the car was reported stolen, the sheriff's office said.
Angela Boswell and McCloud are both Tennessee residents. They are being held in the Wilkes County Jail, each charged with theft over $2,500, according to the sheriff's office. Angela Boswell is also being held on a violation of probation warrant for theft.
It's unclear whether they have attorneys.
Both are awaiting extradition hearings before being transported to Sullivan County in Tennessee. They're scheduled to appear in court Monday.

If Megan was the one buying the car, who didn’t make a payment or sign any paperwork - why isn’t she also being charged with Theft?

I keep thinking about TB’s interview saying to his ex wife “if Evelyn doesn’t come home I’m gonna do something about it,” and she said “you better not do that you’re gonna regret this.”

To me this means at least mom (grandma) knows something. JMO

I’m just catching up so this has probably been mentioned - but is it possible that grandma was saying he was going to regret reporting Evelyn missing because it will end with their daughter in jail?

So today we should get some more news to work with, the extradition hearing into these two people will occur today, this will be the first news really we've had since friday, the weekend has been quite slow in the case of finding little Evelyn

i expect if there is any updates at all for this case we'd probably get it today at least maybe after the hearing takes place as a precursor to them crossing state lines back to TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734