Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lurker, but I had to post this:

I genuinely think everyone here means well, and the main goal is to make sure that Evelyn is safe. That being said, the comments against Romani people are downright racist. I am not Romani and don't think I personally know anyone that is, but just because we don't understand their culture doesn't mean it's okay to bash it and assume the worst. There are approximately 1 million Romani people in the US, and they are frequently discriminated against. Just because they live a lifestyle that we don't agree with doesn't make them inherently bad. Imagine some of the things that have been said, but insert another race. Now tell me if those things would be called racist. I don't even know if MB and her family really are Romani, but either way... it's not okay to run an entire culture into the ground just because this 19 year old girl brought them up in an interview.

I won't claim to know where Evelyn is, but IF she really is okay and IF she really is being passed between other Romani families, would it be so hard to understand why they're doing that? They have good reason to not trust the general population, LE, and any government in general. Discrimination leads to distrust, and it transcends generations.

It's possible that they believe Evelyn would be better off being brought up with Romani family instead of tossed into the system because of MB's actions. Is it legal to hide a child from LE? Absolutely not. Is it at least understandable in some cases? Unfortunately, I think yes. I hope that someone does have her, and I hope that person comes forward. It's far better than the alternatives. Also, if someone does have her and they manage to keep her hidden but safe, I'm okay with that, too. Sure, that would be frustrating because we'll never know (and let's be honest... curiosity and wanting to know is the main reason most of us are here), but Evelyn being SAFE is the main thing we should want. If she is never found, I'll hope with all my might that she's running around happy and free in a Romani village.

In case you're interested: Roma Culture: Customs, Traditions & Beliefs | Live Science

P.S. I'm not trying to come after anyone, and I'm not expecting anyone to walk on eggshells to keep from offending anyone. I'm only asking that people pause and think about Roma being any other minority. "Gypsy" is slang and offensive to many Roma. "Gypped" is thought to come from that derogatory term and stereotype of being dishonest and sly. You don't make fun of people from Mexico for celebrating Día de Muertos in a cemetery, so maybe don't judge this girl for doing an interview in the same location? They're a different kind of spiritual than you, and that's okay.

Judge her for lying, not for her belief system or lifestyle.

I cannot get on board with “passing” a baby around. Regardless of race or culture.

I cannot get on board with “passing” a baby around. Regardless of race or culture.

As I said, it's illegal, and I hope that if that's happening, someone comes forward. I'm not "on board" with it, but I can at least imagine a scenario where they might be doing it because they genuinely believe it's what's best for her.

chicken guy prolly the daddy, wonder if he just found out? can you imagine?

He was in contact with her up until two days before he did that interview, according to him. They were photographed together with friends on 2/4. So he either already knows, in which case why distance yourself from her so much? Or he didn’t know. Or he’s not the father. But if she’s using SM with his last name, you have to assume he is the father, right?

It definitely makes the timeline of their relationship and his description of their relationship (or lack there of) more interesting.

In this video where the mom says she was taken to a campground and she's going to go find her herself if they don't look for her it bothers me how she's kinda smiling while saying this. I am with others this is giving me a Casey Anthony vibe.

Mother of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell says she is pregnant again

Honestly, the fact that she gave an interview YESTERDAY, and then reached out again today to say she is pregnant just proves she is looking for attention. Who announces their pregnancy to MSM?! Smh. MOO

I think it's against rules so I can't say what but I read, but something from days ago from Maggie or purportedly by Maggie on SM, that implied as much. MSM was probably following up on the same thing that I saw and asked her to confirm, is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1