Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...this is my first post on WS. I've followed a few cases on here but this one is hitting me a little harder, I think because I have a child around the same age as sweet Evelyn.

Just a few thoughts here--MB mentioned that her mom was threatening her. IIRC, this was also mentioned by MB's father in an interview. He said that AB told him that he would "regret it" if he called in the missing child.
Also, I've seen speculation about AB being a drug user and wondering why MB would trust her to babysit, help her buy a car, etc. I've seen situations similar to this before...where a child has a parent that is an addict of some sort, and while they don't condone the behavior the child does still genuinely want to help their parent. Addicts can have periods of being sober and then fall off the wagon, so is it possible that AB was doing well at the time that MB trusted her, then fell back into her old ways?

All of this is MOO, of course. I think I'm just really trying to find hope that Evelyn is ok, although I know that chance is diminishing quickly.

So MB told LE where to find the child. LE goes there and what did they find? Was there a camper? Did those who owned the camper possibly take off? Any signs of a child having been in the area? Was this just another "story" MB shared?

I don't know why but I genuinely feel in my gut that baby is alive. I don't quite understand how this will all play out but something tells me she's alive. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. JMO.

Do we have any idea what type of work MB was doing while granny watched Evelyn? Whatever it was, it was to last a couple months? Longer?

Sorry I’m just getting up to speed on this case.

Please let this child be ok.....
I haven't seen any verification that she had a job at all. Whatever it was, it is not an excuse as to why she would not demand to see her baby or allow two months to go by without calling LE or reporting the baby missing.

Her love and concern for her child should outweigh the fear of her own mother. If she had called police and her mother had not produced the child then she would have been arrested then and she would have no reason to fear her.

But then again the investigation would have started much earlier which might not have been to her benefit.

Imo

I just mean like, when did HE last see her? Did MB ever send him pics or updates while he's been gone? How much interaction did he have the last 15 months?

Right. But he's already told all of that to LE, so it's not something the public really needs to know, KWIM ?

I think EP is just wisely choosing not to add to the media circus. Unlike MB (trying to save face) and HW ( who took every opportunity to plug his Chicken Shack several times during a missing child investigation ).

JMO, MOO, etc. etc.

So MB told LE where to find the child. LE goes there and what did they find? Was there a camper? Did those who owned the camper possibly take off? Any signs of a child having been in the area? Was this just another "story" MB shared?

I don't know why but I genuinely feel in my gut that baby is alive. I don't quite understand how this will all play out but something tells me she's alive. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. JMO.

They checked several campgrounds in the area and found nothing

OK I kind of have the jist but have two questions:

1. Who reported her missing finally?
2. Whose silver BMW was reported missing that GMA was found in?

Do we have any idea what type of work MB was doing while granny watched Evelyn? Whatever it was, it was to last a couple months? Longer?

Sorry I’m just getting up to speed on this case.

Please let this child be ok.....

Was she working at Chicken Shack? Working on getting pregnant?

She obviously wasn’t working on watching her baby, or even knowing where she was.

Whose house were the photos of Evelyn taken in? The house with the yellow walls. Looks clean and well kept. Why couldn’t the baby stay there?

LE stated they did investigate the story about the silver camper and they apparently have not found any evidence to support it, despite the fact that MW has insisted they aren't doing anything to find it.

They also stated she has not given them any credible information.

That whole story might just be a red herring to distract from what really happened to Evelynn. Maybe she and her mom came up with that explanation in the car ride they took on the 19th.

Imo

I'm a lurker, but I had to post this:

I genuinely think everyone here means well, and the main goal is to make sure that Evelyn is safe. That being said, the comments against Romani people are downright racist. I am not Romani and don't think I personally know anyone that is, but just because we don't understand their culture doesn't mean it's okay to bash it and assume the worst. There are approximately 1 million Romani people in the US, and they are frequently discriminated against. Just because they live a lifestyle that we don't agree with doesn't make them inherently bad. Imagine some of the things that have been said, but insert another race. Now tell me if those things would be called racist. I don't even know if MB and her family really are Romani, but either way... it's not okay to run an entire culture into the ground just because this 19 year old girl brought them up in an interview.

I won't claim to know where Evelyn is, but IF she really is okay and IF she really is being passed between other Romani families, would it be so hard to understand why they're doing that? They have good reason to not trust the general population, LE, and any government in general. Discrimination leads to distrust, and it transcends generations.

It's possible that they believe Evelyn would be better off being brought up with Romani family instead of tossed into the system because of MB's actions. Is it legal to hide a child from LE? Absolutely not. Is it at least understandable in some cases? Unfortunately, I think yes. I hope that someone does have her, and I hope that person comes forward. It's far better than the alternatives. Also, if someone does have her and they manage to keep her hidden but safe, I'm okay with that, too. Sure, that would be frustrating because we'll never know (and let's be honest... curiosity and wanting to know is the main reason most of us are here), but Evelyn being SAFE is the main thing we should want. If she is never found, I'll hope with all my might that she's running around happy and free in a Romani village.

In case you're interested: Roma Culture: Customs, Traditions & Beliefs | Live Science

P.S. I'm not trying to come after anyone, and I'm not expecting anyone to walk on eggshells to keep from offending anyone. I'm only asking that people pause and think about Roma being any other minority. "Gypsy" is slang and offensive to many Roma. "Gypped" is thought to come from that derogatory term and stereotype of being dishonest and sly. You don't make fun of people from Mexico for celebrating Día de Muertos in a cemetery, so maybe don't judge this girl for doing an interview in the same location? They're a different kind of spiritual than you, and that's okay.

Judge her for lying, not for her belief system or lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member